How I Beat Malak Lightside

myea8017
192 posts Member
edited April 2019
Please read the whole thing, i broken it down 2 times to help all my buddies.

Lighstside revan
Mission needs offense set with as much cc and offense as u can give her. Her triangle should be cd, cross offense, arrow speed (if you have enough speed u can switch for a offense if she stays above 250ish). Offense target is 4300 for basic
Mods for everyone else, doesnt matter if they make sense. I would recommend speed for all and crits on revan and bastilla for extra dps aside from ur main damage dealers

Let me repeat zalbaar and mission are you main damage dealers. Every assist will be on zalbaar who calls mission.
There are no circumstance u would need to use revans aoe so forget about it. U only proc malaks abilities and mess tm up. So forget about it

Steps
Kill the driod first, it makes it easier in the long run for them to have no protection.
Use jolees and bastillas assist move on zalbaar

DO NOT HIT MALAK unless ur removing his taunt with bastillas special to move back to hitting other stuff. Save her buff remover
***1 exception, zaalbars shred. U need to have 2 shred debuffs on him by the time u get to end phase (when the 4 jedi are released)

Using just zaalbar combo and 1/2 bastilla debuffers should be minimal as to not proc his kill jedi move.

Start widdling down the jedis health frequestly moving back to the driods to remove hate. I managed to keep him under 9 til end phase. Try not to kill in sets of 2 but keep him below hate 9 by switching between them and killing then. Its important because hitting and killing all of them plus giving him too much damage he will absorb those extra buffs making it harder.

Now the hard part
(Recommend dropping if ur 2nd or 3rd shred miss) your 3rd should come endgame
Hit the driods until low reds (u need to save ur assist moves for malak but both driods should be easily killed by jolee when he puts fear on u. U cannot assist if its up.

Once ur ready to start pn malak (he has 3 arnor shred buffs and all ur cooldowns are done)
Start hitting malak
Mark him
Assist with zaal mission combo
When he puts fear kill the driods and widdle them away again (2 or 3 sets)
Then back to it
If mission isnt criting for 25k+ remod her.

Easier breakdown

Remember this is a puzzle
So treat it like wow phases of a boss fight. U are setting up malak for endphase dps and trying to keep him from enrage
Start by killing both driods
Hit jedi and widdle them all down to red
If he gets to 9-12 stacks of hate start killing driods
Keep hitting jedis
Back to driods if hes over 9-12 stacks
Back to jedi
Weave a shred on malak
Rinse repeat until u can hit all the jedi down
Final boss
Hit malak for 3rd+ shred
Stop
Hit driods to almost dead
Start assist hitting malak
If he puts fear on ur toons kill the driods
Back to malak
Back to driods

Replies

• Sorry if i misspelled or mispoke but again this helped a ton and just wanted to share
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I did the opposite and only gave assist to revan. Ahnalds recommendation of letting malak absorb the crit immunity pod worked for me as well. This allows you to use revans aoe more freely and also gives you leeway so you aren’t so worried about keeping malak above 50 percent. The end phase is still a doozy however. I also went full offense mods on revan and mission. As long their speeds were in the 200’s that’s all that mattered.
  • This is pretty much the strategy I tried to use. After a few hours today I beat it, and didn’t even lose anyone. Here’s my team: 2t7o9xgci97q.png
  • NJBaird3
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nice write up, I'll be interested to see all the various techniques. I actually beat it with no armor shreds on Malak. I put two shreds on each the droids so I could take them out in one or two shots to manage Malak's stacks. Other than Bastila's unique, I only hit Revan once with Mission as he had taunt up. On occasion I would start hitting the bacta tanks until they had a shred of health left. Once I had all 4 like that, I hit the droids again to lower the stacks, then used Revan's AoE to take out all 4 bactas at once. Then I went to town on Malak. One thing that helped was Zalbaar kept countering Malak which helped the single turn damage. I only lost Mission.

6x4m8bjgvumi.jpg
    Post edited by NJBaird3 on