something positive! episode 9 trailer

2Next

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Ugh no, not "rise of the skywalker" in a title, how disgusting
    Yeah. Im surprised this for greenlit. Skywalker is a character name and it feels very odd to see someone’s last name as a episode title. Rise of the Jedi would’ve been cool. Or anyone of the other massive factions in the universe. Pinpointing it to Skywalker is less of an episodic saga and more of a spinoff Anthology like Solo
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Ugh no, not "rise of the skywalker" in a title, how disgusting
    Yeah. Im surprised this for greenlit. Skywalker is a character name and it feels very odd to see someone’s last name as a episode title. Rise of the Jedi would’ve been cool. Or anyone of the other massive factions in the universe. Pinpointing it to Skywalker is less of an episodic saga and more of a spinoff Anthology like Solo

Except Disney is now calling this “The Skywalker Saga”, and although it seems to be the centerpiece of the Star Wars universe, it is not the Star Wars universe. It’s just an excuse to make hundreds of future movies, and end this storyline before it gets “too complicated”. It annoys me how much they tossed aside in the OT to make this movie the “biggest one.”
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Palpatine is a skywalker because he is Anakin’s father.

Therefore the title : rise of skywalker
    tq4jzw2vyssp.jpeg

Or could also be that rey is a skywalker.
    Or maybe it’s just rise of Ghost Luke.
    Or maybe snoke is back.
    Basically no idea
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Palpatine is a skywalker because he is Anakin’s father.

Therefore the title : rise of skywalker
    tq4jzw2vyssp.jpeg

Or could also be that rey is a skywalker.
    Or maybe it’s just rise of Ghost Luke.
    Or maybe snoke is back.
    Basically no idea

Or just plain rise of kylo
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Cool, I appreciate it Bubba!
  • The reason they stopped the first scene in the trailer when they did: the fighter was going to hit try. 😀😀😀
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Is this trailer positive?

Well it seems to retconning a bunch of issues TLJ put forward, so that's some positive I guess.
    However I don't have any real excitement for seeing this after the trailer. I thought I would, but the spark has gone thanks to TLJ.

I'll see it eventually I am sure, like I did eventually see Solo, but I am not gonna run to the theatres to see it, that's for sure.
  • I just know they'll release a new trailer in a month or two that gives wayyyy too much away. And it makes me sad.