Darth Malak GET Cost

Prev1
CG have put Malak behind a 3+ month grind for GET currency that they can’t possibly monetise.

What was the point, after the hardest event in the history of the game, of gating his progression in such an anti-climactic way?

In the age of 6 dot mods, Malak can’t even be boosted satisfactorily due to the G12 restriction. I’d hoped that the 5* meta character “thing” was over by now.

Replies

• I don’t understand at all why such a costly event for most people completing/trying it, is only a 5* unlock. If I pay for DR and Malak, he should be at 7*.
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I agree he should be 7*. Seeing lots of stories about him getting dusted in Arena. Can't use him in Raids. Then if you are not in a guild getting max stars in TB it's going to take even longer. My Malak is chilling at G8 ability level 2 for now. No guild currency, new gear or purple mats. Hey at least I got the picture of Quicksilver that I can change my avatar to.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    qpt65rf3eg6y.png

Always hoard some currency so that they can't catch you with your pants down.
  • Surprised there is no option to buy shards for crystals/cash. They don't make money this way
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    qpt65rf3eg6y.png

Did you hoard or buy all those crystals?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    qpt65rf3eg6y.png

All hoarded FTP.
    qpt65rf3eg6y.png

U cant buy guild currency last time i checked..

qpt65rf3eg6y.png

U cant buy guild currency last time i checked..

Thys why he said crystals

• Why is it some people want everything handed to them on a plate like NOW. Have patience, Malak is meant to be a long game, if they wanted you to have him fast they’d have made him 7* but just chill. Farm him like Hyoda and Wampa. Some people here sound like children who want everything immediately.
  • Putting him in the get store gives me zero incentive to work towards him. Even when they get around to giving him the uberest of Uber ships - still zero interest.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • I think it's fairly smart, I may be a bit off with this but in order to get the currency for his shards, you need to still work as a guild.
    Keeping guild work ethics at the forefront of the game, not an individual.
    The 2nd point, we don't get arena flooded with a meta swinging the tide fully in DRev favour, it will get there but only a few will reach if quickly and others will slowly follow, the same way as GK and Traya entered arena, a trickling stream, not a tidlewave of mirror matches.
    Those with cash will get there, if they have patience.
    Us with only patience will get there.
    Those with neither, will write on forums to complain about how they have to wait/earn something and probably never get there.
  • Why is it some people want everything handed to them on a plate like NOW. Have patience, Malak is meant to be a long game, if they wanted you to have him fast they’d have made him 7* but just chill. Farm him like Hyoda and Wampa. Some people here sound like children who want everything immediately.

For f2p I'd agree. But if I shelled out the necesary 100s of bucks I'd be gutted.

Oh well :)

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    NasRegal wrote: »
    I think it's fairly smart, I may be a bit off with this but in order to get the currency for his shards, you need to still work as a guild.
    Keeping guild work ethics at the forefront of the game, not an individual.
    The 2nd point, we don't get arena flooded with a meta swinging the tide fully in DRev favour, it will get there but only a few will reach if quickly and others will slowly follow, the same way as GK and Traya entered arena, a trickling stream, not a tidlewave of mirror matches.
    Those with cash will get there, if they have patience.
    Us with only patience will get there.
    Those with neither, will write on forums to complain about how they have to wait/earn something and probably never get there.

interresting way of looking at it. Somehow i doubt those were the reasons why ea/cg released him they way they did, but maybe i'm not giving them enough credit.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    This makes me think with new content coming out that we will be able to get more GET in the future.
  • I think there are a few reasons. The main one is that there is a new Territory Battle Zone coming out. And to maximize participation, this currency you receive from the new zone will entice Malak owners to participate. Another is to slow the "power creep". Stagger the infusion of high level Malaks. Population control so to speak. Though the points about them not monetizing him are a bit odd. If they can specifically show up in those who have completed it, they could specifically show up in our shop too right?
  • After I get him to 7* I will hoard the currency for the next event that rolls out like this. Only thing I care about now is getting crystals from arena and fleet. I don't care about winning TW. I am good on zeta mats but not the other 2. Happy with 2-4 in GA if I don't win that. If my Galactic Rep. and Separatists suck for new TB they won't get any gear or ability mats. Just how it goes now. My only cares are getting tops in arena and hoarding. Sad it has to be this way but that's the way this game is heading.
  • After I get him to 7* I will hoard the currency for the next event that rolls out like this. Only thing I care about now is getting crystals from arena and fleet. I don't care about winning TW. I am good on zeta mats but not the other 2. Happy with 2-4 in GA if I don't win that. If my Galactic Rep. and Separatists suck for new TB they won't get any gear or ability mats. Just how it goes now. My only cares are getting tops in arena and hoarding. Sad it has to be this way but that's the way this game is heading.

Isnt it crazy that the game rewards hoarding resources the way it does? Im actually surprised they don’t have hard caps on how many resources you can hoard other than crystals. I didn’t hoard GET tokens because I didn’t expect such a key character to be dropped there, and I thought the immediate gear would be more valuable. I was definitely wrong.
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah I didn't expect this kind of format for a new character to be introduced to that store. Some new LS/DS character from a new TB map is what I suspected. Which most likely will happen. Either way I am choosing not buy gear from there. It's better to hoard and not get caught slipping in the future.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    After I get him to 7* I will hoard the currency for the next event that rolls out like this. Only thing I care about now is getting crystals from arena and fleet. I don't care about winning TW. I am good on zeta mats but not the other 2. Happy with 2-4 in GA if I don't win that. If my Galactic Rep. and Separatists suck for new TB they won't get any gear or ability mats. Just how it goes now. My only cares are getting tops in arena and hoarding. Sad it has to be this way but that's the way this game is heading.

Isnt it crazy that the game rewards hoarding resources the way it does? Im actually surprised they don’t have hard caps on how many resources you can hoard other than crystals. I didn’t hoard GET tokens because I didn’t expect such a key character to be dropped there, and I thought the immediate gear would be more valuable. I was definitely wrong.

They reward the spending of resources, they actually dont care (or need to care) about how the players get them.

I think it's a fair balance, this isnt a "whale resource" and the difference between 5 and 7 * does not seem to be any huge deal.

The event played like a personal raid and he will be built up in many cases like a raid toon.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I
    Kyno wrote: »
    After I get him to 7* I will hoard the currency for the next event that rolls out like this. Only thing I care about now is getting crystals from arena and fleet. I don't care about winning TW. I am good on zeta mats but not the other 2. Happy with 2-4 in GA if I don't win that. If my Galactic Rep. and Separatists suck for new TB they won't get any gear or ability mats. Just how it goes now. My only cares are getting tops in arena and hoarding. Sad it has to be this way but that's the way this game is heading.

the difference between 5 and 7 * does not seem to be any huge deal.

You are saying that this doesn’t make any huge deal?

30k Health (After Protection converted to health if modded with 3 prot primaries)
    12 speed
    215 armor
    100 armor penetration
    565 damage
    20% tenacity
    10% potency
    5% health steal

Plus whatever stats comes from:
    250 strength
    40 agility
    40 tactics

Edit: oh, and I even forgot about the extra 6 dot mod bonuses!
    Post edited by Bulldog1205 on
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Why is it some people want everything handed to them on a plate like NOW. Have patience, Malak is meant to be a long game, if they wanted you to have him fast they’d have made him 7* but just chill. Farm him like Hyoda and Wampa. Some people here sound like children who want everything immediately.

I think many of us just wanted the same GET cost as HY or Wampa. Or let me buy the GET so I can 7*. And to be honest, when you drop tens of thousands of dollars on a game, I just expect to not get screwed by CG

• mlb1399 wrote: »
    And to be honest, when you drop tens of thousands of dollars on a game, I just expect to not get screwed by CG

I really hope this is an exaggeration.
  • mlb1399 wrote: »
    And to be honest, when you drop tens of thousands of dollars on a game, I just expect to not get screwed by CG

I really hope this is an exaggeration.

I know I shamefully spent over 1500 between DR and Malak. I know I wont be spending for a VERY long time due to this GET nonsense. If they really wanted to do 5 star id accept any other resource but GET as the Guild isnt involved in any way shape or form to get you Malak. I sure wont quit about this but I will voice my disdain by not opening my wallet to CG for a long time to put it mildly
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    The only actual issue I had with the whole thing was the POWER requirement. It was harder getting that requirement than the actual fight and that was depressing. Carth needed extra components and 6 dot mods. He really didn't do anything either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I

30k Health (After Protection converted to health if modded with 3 prot primaries)
    12 speed
    215 armor
    100 armor penetration
    565 damage
    20% tenacity
    10% potency
    5% health steal

250 strength
    40 agility
    40 tactics

Correct, that difference from 5-7* is minimal compared to the advantages gained through his current kit. He will get better with more stars but its not like he serves no purpose at 5* g11, and all of a suddenly is great at 7*, due to the things listed.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I

12 speed
    215 armor
    100 armor penetration
    565 damage
    20% tenacity
    10% potency
    5% health steal

250 strength
    40 agility
    40 tactics

Correct, that difference from 5-7* is minimal compared to the advantages gained through his current kit. He will get better with more stars but its not like he serves no purpose at 5* g11, and all of a suddenly is great at 7*, due to the things listed.

???

I just showed you massive differences, and you said correct, that’s a minimal difference?

I didn’t say he wasn’t usable at 5*, but it’s a huge deal. Even the +19 speed alone is a game changer (and likely more considering many people have a huge step down in mods from 6 dot to 5 dot).