2Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I
    After I get him to 7* I will hoard the currency for the next event that rolls out like this. Only thing I care about now is getting crystals from arena and fleet. I don't care about winning TW. I am good on zeta mats but not the other 2. Happy with 2-4 in GA if I don't win that. If my Galactic Rep. and Separatists suck for new TB they won't get any gear or ability mats. Just how it goes now. My only cares are getting tops in arena and hoarding. Sad it has to be this way but that's the way this game is heading.

Isnt it crazy that the game rewards hoarding resources the way it does? Im actually surprised they don’t have hard caps on how many resources you can hoard other than crystals. I didn’t hoard GET tokens because I didn’t expect such a key character to be dropped there, and I thought the immediate gear would be more valuable. I was definitely wrong.

the difference between 5 and 7 * does not seem to be any huge deal.

You are saying that this doesn’t make any huge deal?

30k Health (After Protection converted to health if modded with 3 prot primaries)
    12 speed
    215 armor
    100 armor penetration
    565 damage
    20% tenacity
    10% potency
    5% health steal

Plus whatever stats comes from:
    250 strength
    40 agility
    40 tactics

Edit: oh, and I even forgot about the extra 6 dot mod bonuses!

Correct, that difference from 5-7* is minimal compared to the advantages gained through his current kit. He will get better with more stars but its not like he serves no purpose at 5* g11, and all of a suddenly is great at 7*, due to the things listed.

???

I just showed you massive differences, and you said correct, that’s a minimal difference?

I didn’t say he wasn’t usable at 5*, but it’s a huge deal. Even the +19 speed alone is a game changer (and likely more considering many people have a huge step down in mods from 6 dot to 5 dot).

you reckon alot of people will struggle with a maxed malak, but aren't struggling vs the 5 star version?
    If so, you and kyno probably disagree, If not, you and kyno probably agree but view things from a different perspective.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Why is it some people want everything handed to them on a plate like NOW. Have patience, Malak is meant to be a long game, if they wanted you to have him fast they’d have made him 7* but just chill. Farm him like Hyoda and Wampa. Some people here sound like children who want everything immediately.

That's not really what's going on. His shards cost dramatically more than the other GEC characters, on top of also needing to beat a brutally difficult event, requiring numerous well-geared characters, just to unlock him in the first place.

I get the "long game" bit, but he'd still take a while to max out at the same cost as Hoda and Wampa shards. Jacking up the cost an additional 50% just feels rude.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Why is it some people want everything handed to them on a plate like NOW. Have patience, Malak is meant to be a long game, if they wanted you to have him fast they’d have made him 7* but just chill. Farm him like Hyoda and Wampa. Some people here sound like children who want everything immediately.

That's not really what's going on. His shards cost dramatically more than the other GEC characters, on top of also needing to beat a brutally difficult event, requiring numerous well-geared characters, just to unlock him in the first place.

I get the "long game" bit, but he'd still take a while to max out at the same cost as Hoda and Wampa shards. Jacking up the cost an additional 50% just feels rude.

malak is still cheaper than hoda and wampa though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    After I get him to 7* I will hoard the currency for the next event that rolls out like this. Only thing I care about now is getting crystals from arena and fleet. I don't care about winning TW. I am good on zeta mats but not the other 2. Happy with 2-4 in GA if I don't win that. If my Galactic Rep. and Separatists suck for new TB they won't get any gear or ability mats. Just how it goes now. My only cares are getting tops in arena and hoarding. Sad it has to be this way but that's the way this game is heading.

Isnt it crazy that the game rewards hoarding resources the way it does? Im actually surprised they don’t have hard caps on how many resources you can hoard other than crystals. I didn’t hoard GET tokens because I didn’t expect such a key character to be dropped there, and I thought the immediate gear would be more valuable. I was definitely wrong.

They reward the spending of resources, they actually dont care (or need to care) about how the players get them.

I think it's a fair balance, this isnt a "whale resource" and the difference between 5 and 7 * does not seem to be any huge deal.

The event played like a personal raid and he will be built up in many cases like a raid toon.

I would love to have had this as as a recurring personal raid such that you unlock him at five stars and then farm it up some how. maybe 2-3 events a month for 25 shards each time. Once you unlock him, then any toons could be used - Malak would be a great sparring partner. Id pay for that.
  • Options
    It's all to wipe the slate clean and wipe out the stashes hoarders are sitting on before they drop the new meta.

Spenders will benefit as will those that missed it and are still sitting on their stash.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I

the difference between 5 and 7 * does not seem to be any huge deal.

30k Health (After Protection converted to health if modded with 3 prot primaries)
    12 speed
    215 armor
    100 armor penetration
    565 damage
    20% tenacity
    10% potency
    5% health steal

Plus whatever stats comes from:
    250 strength
    40 agility
    40 tactics

Edit: oh, and I even forgot about the extra 6 dot mod bonuses!

Correct, that difference from 5-7* is minimal compared to the advantages gained through his current kit. He will get better with more stars but its not like he serves no purpose at 5* g11, and all of a suddenly is great at 7*, due to the things listed.

???

I just showed you massive differences, and you said correct, that’s a minimal difference?

I didn’t say he wasn’t usable at 5*, but it’s a huge deal. Even the +19 speed alone is a game changer (and likely more considering many people have a huge step down in mods from 6 dot to 5 dot).

you asked

I said correct, because I dont believe that with his kit that the difference between 5 and 7* will be that huge. Yes there are some big changes, but nothing that will make him shut everyone else down like the flip of a switch, by hitting 7* and getting 6 dot mods.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Hopefully the increasing cost is not a trend of any future released characters.
  • Options
    Javin37 wrote: »
    It's all to wipe the slate clean and wipe out the stashes hoarders are sitting on before they drop the new meta.

Spenders will benefit as will those that missed it and are still sitting on their stash.

If their goal is to rid people of stashes this is a terrible way to go about it. Rewarding people who stashed just encourages more people to do it moving forward, and those people who stashed will just build a new stash while everyone is frantically spending everything they earn on Malak.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

If their goal is to rid people of stashes this is a terrible way to go about it. Rewarding people who stashed just encourages more people to do it moving forward, and those people who stashed will just build a new stash while everyone is frantically spending everything they earn on Malak.

They haven't rewarded hoarders. They are draining them with this.

They forced a gp minimum and forced you to spend months worth of event store currency to have a character that will be replaced by the next meta which will be sooner than people think.

And those that hoarded will be depleted when that rolls around.

Now those that hoarded and skipped malak..they will be the real winners.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ... They forced you to spend months worth of event store currency to have a character that will be replaced by the next meta which will be sooner than people think.

And those that hoarded will be depleted when that rolls around.

Now those that hoarded and skipped malak..they will be the real winners.

Even though it's pure speculation, I agree with you on most of this, and I do think that Malak is a way to drain GETs before the GE toon from the Geonosis TB lands.

They don't want people to get that toon too fast, so they release Malak this way, go through data to spot how much GET the typical hoarder has stashed, adjust the price accordingly and hope people will drain to get him quickly. Then when Geonosis TB drops and the next GE toon (Midriff Padme?) is revealed a lot fewer will get it from the start.

And then we'll get a Meta of GK, JKA, Ahsoka, Midriff + 1