Known Bugs and Upcoming Changes [MEGA]

Prev13
ShaolinPunk
3486 posts Moderator
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hello Holotable Heroes!

We wanted to let you know about a bug that we are aware of and give you a heads up on some changes we plan on doing early next week:
  • The description of Darth Malak’s ability, Gnawing Terror, in the event Starforge Showdown is incorrect. The event Darth Malak also inflicts Fear on units that inflict a Damage Over Time on him, similar to his player ownable unit.
  • Bastila Shan (Fallen)’s AI inadvertently changed in the last release to where she no longer prioritizes Fear. We will be updating her AI to prioritize Fear over Wild Lightning.
  • We’ve discovered some Darth Malak match-ups that we’d like to improve in Darth Malak’s favor. We’re going to be making some changes to his kit, but we’re still finalizing what those changes are at the moment. Once we are finalized, we will let you know the changes.

Original Post (LINK)
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Reserved-ed.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • We’ve discovered some Darth Malak match-ups that we’d like to improve in Darth Malak’s favor. We’re going to be making some changes to his kit, but we’re still finalizing what those changes are at the moment. Once we are finalized, we will let you know the changes.

WHY DOES MALAK NEED TO BE BUFFED?!!?
    HE'S OP ENOUGH AS IT IS
    It's not even a day from his launch and you're already buffing him?!?
    Are you trying make us quit this week?!
    Please just let other teams be able to beat Malak and let bygones be Qui-gons, the community isn't happy as it is, this will just make it worse

From someone who's guild leader has said they think they're close to quitting this game forever
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Is he OP at g12+5 with all 6* mods?

• Ok...
  • At least this is more honest/direct than the work around they did when nerfing Finn/Nest. This is just directly saying, "It's not fair that a lineup that didn't cost hundreds of dollars is wrecking Malak, even by ai, so were just going to nerf them into oblivion :p .

Remember when Revan first came out and it was so difficult to counter him that just putting one in a territory could stop a guild from progressing? I guess thats what they want.

And for a Malak lineup to stay parked at the top of arena all day long since they clearly have never wanted a Rock/Paper/Scissors meta which they could have let stay if they really wanted PVP to be healthy.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    "we realised Malak is not op enough to match his requirements, DR teams that could already beat JKR were only beating them ten seconds faster, this will fix that"

Hey Look, my 1000th post :p
  • Agreed. This is ridiculous. The road ahead said they wanted to get away from over powered characters and yet here we are
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Every time a new underwhelming character is reworked or released, they always say that it is because that we aren’t missing them properly or using the right team compostion (See GG rework). But Malak just got released and they are already buffing him when he was already good.
  • Lol, we released a healing character that can’t heal with a debuff that’s rampant in the meta in which he was released- SHOCK!
  • Hi, we still don’t test crap. Thanks for complaining so we can fix it later.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Every time a new underwhelming character is reworked or released, they always say that it is because that we aren’t missing them properly or using the right team compostion (See GG rework). But Malak just got released and they are already buffing him when he was already good.

Yep

People say to wait and see how a character preforms before making assumptions about them but when Malak is even slightly venerable to another team it seems even Cg isn't willing to listen to that line of thinking anymore

Players: "The Grievous rework sucks"
    CG: "You guys are modding him all wrong"
    Players: "Shock prevents Malak from healing"
    CG: "We will work on buffing him asap"

And people joked about Cg fixing Dr when he wasn't the dominant meta like Jkr was
    Guess that joke became a reality with Malak huh?
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Obviously bug releases.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Welcome to Star War Galaxy of OP Characters.
  • So much salt. Call Morton's.

The hardest Character to get in the game SHOULDN'T be easily beat by an old lead or character. Poor show on CG's part on letting it go out like that, GJ on owning it and doing something about it.

In other news, loving Malak - keep up the fun, challenging, and inventive ways to release new toons CG. This is lightyears better than marquees :D

I am the Tard of Tards
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    It is funny at this point, CG is straight up trolling now
  • Lol, we released a healing character that can’t heal with a debuff that’s rampant in the meta in which he was released- SHOCK!

I know, shock's one of the debuffs that prevents him from healing :D
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Guess he was rushed to be released with the star wars celebration, and testing was nerfed as a result. Devs just love marketing...
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    Remember when Revan first came out and it was so difficult to counter him that just putting one in a territory could stop a guild from progressing? I guess thats what they want.

Remember when? This is still the reality for lots of casual guilds who haven't quit their day jobs to play this game.
  • Hey CG since when does Malak cleanse Fracture? Is this a bug?
  • I found when fracturing Malak and he has Fear he cleanses Fracture when first hit.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Linkinxr wrote: »
    I found when fracturing Malak and he has Fear he cleanses Fracture when first hit.

Did you hit one of his immediate bonus turn thresholds? Only reason I can think of is that it supersedes the fracture
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    We’ve discovered some Darth Malak match-ups that we’d like to improve in Darth Malak’s favor. We’re going to be making some changes to his kit, but we’re still finalizing what those changes are at the moment. Once we are finalized, we will let you know the changes.
    e58.jpg

*Laughs in retcons*
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    This is how I think EA will break the meta.
    With Malaks unique they will add this to it,

Jaws Of Life: When reduced to 75%, 50%, 25% Malak ignores all damage beyond the threshold and gains damage immunity for 1 turn. +
  • This powecreep makes no sense
  • what a surprise. Malak is bug and you don't test him again. Realease just for money
  • Malak is the most expensive, hardest to obtain character in the game. You would think he would be on the level of JKR was when he was first released or CLS was. In reality, he’s pretty underwhelming. With the buff to Bastila, JKR still easily beats it and you can always just run a Palp lead and beat it too. That doesn’t make much sense. From a business standpoint you’re going to lose a lot of customers in the future. Who in the world is going to whale out for the next big thing when the last big thing wasn’t big? Thus, it makes sense that they will make changes to make the DR/Malak team the strongest in the game. It doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be able to be defeated by other teams, but it should definitely be a lot harder than it is now.

Let’s not mention the fact that with the buff to Bastila, JKR is hands down better than a DR team without Malak. Sure people are running DR, but it’s more out of “I spent all this money so I want to use it” and “I’m bored with JKR after 6 months and want to try something new “ than it is “DR is the best meta squad.” From what I can tell, DR was supposed to shift the meta. It hasn’t. CG failed and it sounds like now they are going to fix it.
  • Na give him a pre taunt and cant be ignored if he has taunt (so jkr cant mark someone else) and add whenever anither sith empire gets crited or dots are applied apply fear (instead of crits or dots on him) then change bsf to give malak the same buffs as she does to dr
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    To follow up on my last post, i don’t think Malak is really the issue. JKR is the issue. They made his kit so over the top strong that everything released from here on out is going to have to take it into account. Almost always guaranteed to go first, call everyone to assist, bypass taunt, and one of the hardest hitting characters in the game as part of the team. Think about the upcoming Anakin and Ashoka changes. They are going to have to make sure they don’t make JKR even stronger when they rework them.

As much as I hate to say it, they don’t need to continuously upgrade other characters, they need to nerf JKR for the long-term health of the game. His ability to kill a character before the match begins, or close to it, is going to mess up everything else released from here on out and god forbid you release a new jedi that hits hard. Think of having two yoda type characters in a JKR squad.

The only other issue with Malak is the palaptine lead but that’s easily fixable and doesn’t really impact characters and teams released in the future.