Still not able to use Guild Chat or Change Name?

QuantumsShadow
33 posts Member
edited April 2019
COPPA should allow me to use Guild Chat and stuff, as I can in Battlefront to after much haggleing with Ea trying to get them to verify my age, and I really dont want to be a LV 76 Delmon Chiddur. Can anyone help?
EDIT:
Im starting to think that i might have put in my Age wrong at the start of the game.

Edited reference to age. ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

• Contact support. And thank the maker your name isn't Mol Eliza.

Well, your are right. Mol Eliza was my old account.

Thank you for using appropriate punctuation, but not using appropriate punctuation. This is why you can’t use guild chat. It’ll unlock in-game as soon as you spell “you’re” correctly 3 million times here on the forums.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I had to play the game on a different phone (not signed in) until I had the option to change my age to above 18 (nephew set account age to 9 when I first downloaded the game). Then, I signed in and could access guild chat.

Thank you for using appropriate punctuation, but not using appropriate punctuation. This is why you can’t use guild chat. It’ll unlock in-game as soon as you spell “you’re” correctly 3 million times here on the forums.

Really? Thats my impossable. You dont know what You're talling about. :smiley:
  • I had to play the game on a different phone (not signed in) until I had the option to change my age to above 18 (nephew set account age to 9 when I first downloaded the game). Then, I signed in and could access guild chat.

Are you on apple? Because im on android and there is no oprion for an account to sign in. You just start the game and put in your age.

Are you on apple? Because im on android and there is no oprion for an account to sign in. You just start the game and put in your age.

Press the gear, then hit connect. Assuming you connected to a Google play account, you can sign out. Then sign back in. Not sure if that would fix your issue.... probably better to contact support
  • QuantumsShadow
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I had to play the game on a different phone (not signed in) until I had the option to change my age to above 18 (nephew set account age to 9 when I first downloaded the game). Then, I signed in and could access guild chat.

Press the gear, then hit connect. Assuming you connected to a Google play account, you can sign out. Then sign back in. Not sure if that would fix your issue.... probably better to contact support

Remobed by quantumsshadow
    Post edited by QuantumsShadow on
  • Yeah, I’m on apple. I don’t know anything about Android, sorry. Perhaps you should just contact EA help. I didn’t get anywhere with them, but who knows? Maybe you’ll have better luck.
  • Yeah, I’m on apple. I don’t know anything about Android, sorry. Perhaps you should just contact EA help. I didn’t get anywhere with them, but who knows? Maybe you’ll have better luck.

Thanks for your help. I might try waiting a month or two to see if my age was just put i wrong.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You could wait any number of months and it would not matter, once tagged a minor, forever a minor. They don’t “upgrade” you or track your supposed age.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    You could wait any number of months and it would not matter, once tagged a minor, forever a minor. They don’t “upgrade” you or track your supposed age.

They do just that on battlefront
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    you should edit your comment and remove that image with your player ID.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    you should edit your comment and remove that image with your player ID.

Yeah, your right, Comment removed.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

Sure they do that in other games, I’m telling you what happens in THIS game.
    Huatimus wrote: »

Sure they do that in other games, I’m telling you what happens in THIS game.

Then whats the point of blocki gthe chat due to COPPA anyways. I play other EA games, suchnas SW Commander and such, and i cam use that guild chat on there and there is no diffrence betrween the two chats. In fact, im pretty sure the guild chat on Commonder isnt even censored. Sorry if i sound rude, but what your saying makes no sense. No offence, if it does sound rude ive just had a long day.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The only solution I know is to factory reset the device to trigger the FTUE. Do it at your own risk.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/861850/#Comment_861850
    The only solution I know is to factory reset the device to trigger the FTUE. Do it at your own risk.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/861850/#Comment_861850

Thats the problem. And you dont have to factorynreset, just clear the data. The problem with that is because it thinks im under13, so it wont let me sign in and save my progress, and ive been playing for a year.
  • I’ve heard that once you create an “underage” account that it never has the ability to be switched to a “normal” one. I’d say re-roll before you hit max level if you haven’t spent any $$$. I know probably not what you wanted to hear, but I remember a shardmate talking about it from one of his kids accounts... hope for your sake I’m wrong. Not sure if the support can or will do anything for ya. @QuantumsShadow
  • QuantumsShadow
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Meatknife wrote: »
    I’ve heard that once you create an “underage” account that it never has the ability to be switched to a “normal” one. I’d say re-roll before you hit max level if you haven’t spent any $$$. I know probably not what you wanted to hear, but I remember a shardmate talking about it from one of his kids accounts... hope for your sake I’m wrong. Not sure if the support can or will do anything for ya. @QuantumsShadow

Yeah, i contacted support and they literaly said the couldn't link an account manualy to any account type because it wasnt programmed like that. The problem is, im almost to Max level, and i really dont want to have to reset for a second rime because i was told by EA support last year that when i turned 13 i could reset. That was my first account, and i was at lv85. On my current about, i am LV 76, so yeah, might as well just play till i get a new tablet again. *groans* EA.. at least i enjoy the game....
    I did start a thread in feedback about this, so maybe someone will listen, but its unlikely.
  • I would tell you how I was able to get my son's account to have chat access after I took it over, but the searing pain from being subjected to your comments will not allow me to. The retort is within the question...

^waster
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    I'm going to close this off now that the OP has spoken to Support.
This discussion has been closed.