13Next

Replies

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Globuhl wrote: »
    I prefer to be a FTP than a whale.
    I will have Malak in 6 months
    Are 6 months enough to farm the DR required toons the F2P way? I’ve been farming them for a month now starting from 3* and, now that we are back to 5 attempts per refresh, I feel not super confident about that... and Malak. Well I don’t think he’s on my radar...

I agree. It could be either 6 months or 9 months to get Malak the FTP way. We will see
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Jabba wrote: »
    Gear and mods gives p2w advantage . There should always be at least a soft counter to any new shiny toy. Ep is a very soft counter . Why didn’t Jkr get a buff when jtr and Trayas was being used against him . It’s obscene to buff Malak and you know it .

EP a soft counter? You can use him against non-Malak DR's without them ever taking a single turn. Yeah, soft counter...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • The blatant favoritism towards Malak hurts the best part of the game—theory crafting.
  • Oldeuboi wrote: »
    If they would have made the event longer or given us more notice I would have invested to get malak just like I did jkr and dr but the short notice I just couldn’t do it, it’s like they didn’t even want my money lol

This is the main bit I would have liked to have seen changed. It was short notice for a short notice event which may have stopped a few competing. Had the cadence of a weeks notice been followed it wouldn't have griped me. But also the 2 journey characters being required after Carrie previously stated that a journey character would never be needed for another event was a little bit naughty.
  • Let’s be totally honest here - if you’ve played this game for any length of time, you know by now to expect this kind of thing.

If you’re new, here is a brief summary:

-this is a really fun (and addictive) game, and it can be enjoyed ftp
    -expect that at every possible opportunity, the developers will do all that they can to encourage you to spend money - a lot of money
    -spending money can provide you with a temporary advantage but soon others will catch up (so you need to keep paying to maintain your advantage)

If you know these rules going in, you’ll be fine.

The Malak event was really well designed. It required a good strategy and thought to succeed. The entry requirements were steep and it was absolutely done in a shady way (see the second bullet above), but the event itself was one of the best they have designed yet. No brute force, it required some real strategy. And the high entry requirements ensured that once you got in, everyone was on a relatively even playing field.
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    CG sad no Journey will be required for other unlocks.
    And here we are, 2 journey is required for one non legendery non journey HALF event half grinde hero.

Great point
  • I like how people defend anything, and i mean anything, under the flag of "if it makes money it is ok". This game makes a lot of money. Its not that it makes a profit, its whether or not the board of directors / CEO's think it is making enough.

Its about squeezing as much out of it while putting as little into it as possible. The devs do what they are tol, they have a job and I am sure many of them are proud of their work. Its EA overlords. Like why has EA ever done that makes you think they want to make a good game? Only $$$. 'merica ***k yea!

March 2018 18 million.
    March 2019 11 million.

You tell me what the suits are asking for. Its not a better game. Its about profit. if the game dies they don't care. They will cut their losses before they actually take a loss and shut it down.

If SWGOH makes less than x over y amount of time, the plug is pulled.

It will not get better. JKR/DR/Malak is how the game will go from now on.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Money-hungry ea only after money.
    Money-hungry ea doesn’t care if game dies.

Umm...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • JK_47
    41 posts Member
    I did not get dark revan or Malak. I love the idea of needing two teams to unlock a toon though. I look forward to it and have been working towards dark revan since the toons released for farming. That being said, The GP requirement for all toons is absolute ****. There is 0 reason for this other than to get whales to spend money on gear they may not have otherwise. That’s not funding a game, that’s a cash grab. You think they don’t know what that did? Or the new precedent it set? You’re wrong. They see the influx of cash from those willing to drop it from this new $ flow. It’s absolute ****. That’s a completely new influx of cash in the form of gear that previously wasn’t probably producing. Pure $ grab
  • Wookye
    30 posts Member
    I would rather have a dead game that gives me time to catch up.
  • Gambino369 wrote: »
    I agree paywalls are needed but this rework kills an entire faction with one character! It makes the game stale and pretty unplayable for so many. They are gonna regret this because the casual spenders (were they probably make there most money) are gonna bail cuz this is just lazy. Also players are gonna think twice about spending on upcoming characters because why wouldn’t they speculate the next one coming up is going to be so overpowered they’ll just waste their money. Dumb move ea/capital games I hope they learn their lesson 😂

If they feel the need to keep one uping each and every character, by the time they get around to releasing Jedi Luke he is going to need 15 zetas
  • Tommy_Rage wrote: »
    Gambino369 wrote: »
    I agree paywalls are needed but this rework kills an entire faction with one character! It makes the game stale and pretty unplayable for so many. They are gonna regret this because the casual spenders (were they probably make there most money) are gonna bail cuz this is just lazy. Also players are gonna think twice about spending on upcoming characters because why wouldn’t they speculate the next one coming up is going to be so overpowered they’ll just waste their money. Dumb move ea/capital games I hope they learn their lesson 😂

If they feel the need to keep one uping each and every character, by the time they get around to releasing Jedi Luke he is going to need 15 zetas

just 3 zetas, but each with 15 paragraphs of text.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    No brute force, it required some real strategy. And the high entry requirements ensured that once you got in, everyone was on a relatively even playing field.

they just nerfed turn meter gain for the sith empire team itself (since sith empire characters also have the 'sith' tag). the playing field is... mod speed wins. nothing else. all alternative heroes have been nerfed.. only days after they were described by CG as "synergy with DR"... days later... CG has changed the rules. after everyone with DR geared up the heroes that would work with him.
    sith assassin gives turn meter to team. that team has sith tag. malak denies that from working. sith assassin is now useless. same for thrawn. same for marauder... and really, same for the palp teams that used DR/BSF as non-leader...
    i can understand trying to nerf a f2p vader team (maybe) but nerfing teams that have DR, BSF, etc on them.. it totally uncalled for. plain and simple.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Power creep is in every game usually in small increments though. Think about that a minute. Next New Character will have to out do Malak Then we need another to out do it just to get back to Rock Paper Scissors they say they want us to have. Side note game had Rock Paper Scissors before the Malak buff .
  • Stick wrote: »
    Raynia wrote: »
    First off this is a Star Wars game. It's a beloved franchise with a large fan base. This should be the easiest game to make money. There doesn't need to be a whale-only character for the game to profit. Developers shouldn't screw over the FTP to benefit the whales. All the recent changes have been for both the benefit of the whales and the detriment of the FTP

I’d bet you have little to no actual understanding of what it costs to make, support and upkeep a video game. Most of us don’t , there’s always going to be costs that you don’t know until you’re actually in the position.

Oh come on, I would down vote this if I was allowed to. It costs considerably less than the bucket loads of $$$ EA is earning. The costs are significant but because EA is massive, they save tons in overhead.

There are dozens of smaller game companies making good $$$ without upsetting their player base on an almost daily basis. And Star Wars is basically a license to print money, because we love it. But the blatant greed on display with the Revan, Darth Revan, and Darth Malak cycle is beyond the pale.
  • Rsaetan wrote: »
    You tell me what the suits are asking for. Its not a better game. Its about profit. if the game dies they don't care. They will cut their losses before they actually take a loss and shut it down.

If SWGOH makes less than x over y amount of time, the plug is pulled.

It will not get better. JKR/DR/Malak is how the game will go from now on.

Nailed it.

The players care about the game. Heck, I'm absolutely sure that CG care about the game! But...the people that pay CG to make them money don't care about the game. They care about money. And if the game is not making the sort of money they expect then they'll shut it down, move on, and pay someone else to make them something that makes them the money they expect.

Simple.