Malek Paywall Silver Lining

Because of the GET cost many players can't get Malek to 7* for several months anyway. So why whale now? Start hoarding GET and wait for the event to come back. Odds are that you will be able to max Malek at about the same time as the people who unlock him now.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Anyone getting him now will likely have him 7* before his return.

We dont know what toon will be added to the GEC store when they add the new TB map.

• Kyno wrote: »

We dont know what toon will be added to the GEC store when they add the new TB map.

Are you suggesting that CG is planning to significantly increase the rerelease cadence? This wouldnt surprise me as they ignored the official 1 week notice this time.
  • Malek costs 68,400 GET. If I bought the gear packs today. It would still take until August/September to farm. Or I can save money and start farming GET today and still get Malek in August/September. Nothing changes for me other than saving a few hundred $.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Are you suggesting that CG is planning to significantly increase the rerelease cadence? This wouldnt surprise me as they ignored the official 1 week notice this time.

This event doesn't fall into the cadence as it is right now.

This event doesn't fall into the cadence as it is right now.

Yeah they made that pretty clear with the 2 day notice. Why follow the rules when you can just make new events to suit their own desires. Player base be darned
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    We're facing a guild in TW today with a 5M+ player that has g12, 7* malak. I suspect those will be rare, but not impossible in the short term.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    We're facing a guild in TW today with a 5M+ player that has g12, 7* malak. I suspect those will be rare, but not impossible in the short term.

Yep. Will take me 3 months but I'll get there too. Currently he is also beatable on defense so that's good news for those that don't have him.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »

Yep. Will take me 3 months but I'll get there too. Currently he is also beatable on defense so that's good news for those that don't have him.

Until they make the tweaks they mentioned in the announcements, so don't count on those for long
  • APX_919 wrote: »

Until they make the tweaks they mentioned in the announcements, so don't count on those for long

New unique:
    If Darth Revan is your lead, Malek and Darth Revan gain 100% health, 100% Critical Avoidance, are immune to mark and cooldown increases, and reduce their cooldowns by 1 every time they take damage. Reduce the cooldown of drain life by 1 every time a marked Sith Empire ally takes damage from an attack. At the start of the encounter, Darth Revan and Malek gain 100% turn meter and your opponent gains 100% sadness.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2019

It was a cheeky way to circumvent the release cadence, but it didn't break any promises.

Depends how many tokens the Geonosian map will dish out, and when that is released. Could take less time to get to 7* than you think.
  • You’re making a pretty large assumption that this event will even come back! They’ve disrupted their cadence in every way with this event so anything is on the table in my eyes. I could see him going straight to GET shop in 6 months or something crazy like that. Much much different event then we’ve ever seen

Another toon being added to that store is just another reason not to spend on Malak though. Getting Malak to 7* means you can’t get the other character as fast.

Obviously we have no way to know, but I would bet that people completing the event the 2nd time who start saving GET now will get Malak plus the new character to 7 stars by the same time those who completed the event the 1st time do, assuming both start from 0 currency as of today.