Commander Luke’s event too hard

Prev1
I’ve got powerful enough characters to do the first battle for Luke’s hero’s journey event. I got through the whole fight except for the boss. The boss had 4 buffs going: speed, crit, something I can’t remember and a heal. The heal recovered all the damage I could do every round. I let it play out with auto and he never runs out of the heal effect or the other buffs. Must be an ability of the character.

The fight is broken. Just flat out broken. It’s frustrating. I’m mad. I just spent a bunch of money to improve my empire characters enough to get R2D2... and then to improve him. And then the first fight has an unbeatable boss. It’s unquestionably bad design. Makes me want to ditch the game. I’m exactly the kind of player they don’t want to lose. I spend money. Making the game crappy isn’t a way to keep me.

Fix the event.

Replies

  • APX_919
    2409 posts Member
    Two possibilities:
    1) Attempting the event with bare minimum geared toons - more likely
    2) A troll making fun of the Malak event - less likely.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Nihion wrote: »
    The fact that thousands of players have a 7* CLS should make you rethink your strategy. It’s not always about how powerful your characters are, it’s about how you use them.

    The fact that the fight can turn into an infinite loop because that heal is so ridiculous is broken. Stunning him didn’t help. His speed was high enough for that to not matter and he just heals anyway. Obi-wan’s ability block doesn’t recharge fast enough to keep it from happening. The fact that other people got Luke says to me they had much more powerful characters.

    And your response to a guy who’s upset is to tell him he isn’t good enough? Thanks. Real friendly and helpful.
  • Fathands wrote: »
    After all the complaining about Malak’s event, I wasn’t expecting to see this about CLS....

    Hes probably doing it to mock the complaining about malak to prove a point
  • Not related to Malak’s Event. Not a troll. A **** off paying player who thinks the first fight has a severe flaw.
  • the final battle was tricky. But managed it with g8 / 9 characters. Had to move a few mods around for speed / health. But three attempts and done.

    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • APX_919
    2409 posts Member
    To the OP - what gear level are your Farmboy Luke, Old Ben and R2? What is Old Ben's potency and speed? What is FBL's damage at? How fast is R2? All of these factor into the difficulty curve.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • kalidor
    1972 posts Member
    Have you watched a walkthrough of the CLS event on youtube? It's a pretty good resource for these sorts of things.
    I'd give you advice myself, but I don't remember the event at all except for the rather memorable Obi wan vs vader tier. Sorry.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • ?? I thought cls was easy my aly beat it with g7 snd about 2 g8 toons but needed decent mods to do it
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Have you a swhoh.Gg i don't mean to be harsh but thousands (possibly tens of thousands) of people have done the event at this stage.

    I suspect your team isn't well enough built.
  • Firefoxx666
    101 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Also note the main tusken ONLY gets those buffs and the heal over time if you kill all the adds first. Kill some of them, kill the leader, kill the rest.

    It's not broken, just designed to make you do it in a specific way.
  • Rath_Tarr
    3670 posts Member
    CLS event isn't hard. g8/9 with halfway decent mods and you're done.
  • Also note the main tusken ONLY gets those buffs and the heal over time if you kill all the adds first. Kill some of them, kill the leader, kill the rest.

    It's not broken, just designed to make you do it in a specific way.

    That’s the piece of information I was missing. I didn’t know where the buffs came from. Still poor design in my opinion. Should be harder, not impossible, if you make mistakes or aren’t aware like I was.
  • Malankai wrote: »
    Hmmm ...

    I'd avoid trying for Chewie or C3P0.

    Or DR or Malak
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I fairness, I walked GMY, and passed EP and Thrawn with lower toons than CLS just took me.
    Mostly untroubled until final final, where taunt, heal, and crit immunity on taunting troopers at opening made it much harder than expected.
    Han gear 10, others 8. Omega R2 and Leia stealth. Others lacking abmats a bit, around lvl5.
    Tactics:
    Round 1 - R2 stealth all but Han, use Leia re-stealth early, Luke stun early, R2 improvise mid way. When the Storm Troopers are down (or off taunt) kill officer quickly as his special hurts.
    Round 2 - try to avoid using specials, stick to basics and hope for quick kills.
    Round 3 - repeat Round 1 method, with Han taunt and build Leia CD with repeat stealth. Take ST commander when you can to block recovery.
    I lost Han but win thru after a few tries
  • Lichbane wrote: »
    the final battle was tricky. But managed it with g8 / 9 characters. Had to move a few mods around for speed / health. But three attempts and done.

    I had a bit of trouble with the final tier as well, but that's because I skimped on ability levels. It all worked out after I spent some omegas on FB Luke's special for the dispel.
  • Sounds like you don’t have enough gear or omegas on your team. Probably not very good mods either. What’s your team look like?
  • Wait till this guy tries to unlock legendary Chewie, C-3PO and Malak.

    On a serious note, like many have said here, with so many CLS already in the hands of many players, there's something you're not doing right yet.

    1) Quite easily doable at g8 gears. What are yours? Are they all max level? How are their ability levels? PS. Zeta totally not required for this event.

    2) Did you put your good mods on them? Consider transferring your best mods from your arena squads to the 5 key characters for this event. You're only going to do this once, so it's worth investing those extra credits.
  • Monoc
    15 posts Member
    CLS difficultly is a joke, get good.
  • Kill the one in theiddle first then he doesn't get the healing buffs...i did it with gear 6 Luke Ben and r2 and everyone on 4 stars and r2 on 7...
  • kdtipa
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’ve watched four videos on doing the CLS event... and as many are saying you need gear level 8 or more in general. My question then: why does the event let you try based on stars? I got through the first two fights and have 5 star Luke and Han which is the requirement for the third one. But they get destroyed before I can take down one bad guy. This is more evidence of bad game design. If you have to already have ridiculously powerful and leveled characters to get this other strong character, how does a beginner like me get anywhere in the game.

    It’s noticeable in ships too. To get the good stuff, you have to already have good stuff. The game seems to be balanced as though they don’t care about new players.

    Thank you to the people who responded with useful information. And a sarcastic thank you to the people who gave the advice to get better at the game. Always fun to get insulted by jerks when already upset.
  • Sounds like you don’t have enough gear or omegas on your team. Probably not very good mods either. What’s your team look like?

    My characters are no where near powerful enough for the third fight despite meeting requirements. Bad game design.
  • Nihion
    3009 posts Member
    kdtipa wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    The fact that thousands of players have a 7* CLS should make you rethink your strategy. It’s not always about how powerful your characters are, it’s about how you use them.

    The fact that the fight can turn into an infinite loop because that heal is so ridiculous is broken. Stunning him didn’t help. His speed was high enough for that to not matter and he just heals anyway. Obi-wan’s ability block doesn’t recharge fast enough to keep it from happening. The fact that other people got Luke says to me they had much more powerful characters.

    And your response to a guy who’s upset is to tell him he isn’t good enough? Thanks. Real friendly and helpful.

    The truth is that you aren’t good enough, and that’s why you can’t beat the event, and that’s why you’re mad. The game only suggests a gear level and good mods because it wouldn’t be fun if it required them; you likely never would have gotten to try the event in the first place. There are also strategies all over the Internet for tries with undergeared characters. If they don’t help, upgrade your characters more and get him next time.
  • Jarvind
    3729 posts Member
    I mean, I blew through that event so easily and with such weak characters compared to what I have now that I don't even remember anything that could possibly give anyone trouble. It sounds like you're either undergeared for the event or badly modded, or both.

    There are about a million guides for legendary events out there, I suggest consulting one of them.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • You are in for a treat once you get to the Chewy or C3PO legendaries, if the easiest of the Journey events seems so challenging.
  • kdtipa wrote: »
    I’ve got powerful enough characters to do the first battle for Luke’s hero’s journey event. I got through the whole fight except for the boss. The boss had 4 buffs going: speed, crit, something I can’t remember and a heal. The heal recovered all the damage I could do every round. I let it play out with auto and he never runs out of the heal effect or the other buffs. Must be an ability of the character.

    The fight is broken. Just flat out broken. It’s frustrating. I’m mad. I just spent a bunch of money to improve my empire characters enough to get R2D2... and then to improve him. And then the first fight has an unbeatable boss. It’s unquestionably bad design. Makes me want to ditch the game. I’m exactly the kind of player they don’t want to lose. I spend money. Making the game crappy isn’t a way to keep me.

    Fix the event.

    Start sending the link of your swgoh.gg, unable to see the actual power of your rebels can not know how to help you
  • StratosF34r
    58 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    kdtipa wrote: »
    I’ve watched four videos on doing the CLS event... and as many are saying you need gear level 8 or more in general. My question then: why does the event let you try based on stars? I got through the first two fights and have 5 star Luke and Han which is the requirement for the third one. But they get destroyed before I can take down one bad guy. This is more evidence of bad game design. If you have to already have ridiculously powerful and leveled characters to get this other strong character, how does a beginner like me get anywhere in the game.

    It’s noticeable in ships too. To get the good stuff, you have to already have good stuff. The game seems to be balanced as though they don’t care about new players.

    Thank you to the people who responded with useful information. And a sarcastic thank you to the people who gave the advice to get better at the game. Always fun to get insulted by jerks when already upset.
    kdtipa wrote: »
    Sounds like you don’t have enough gear or omegas on your team. Probably not very good mods either. What’s your team look like?

    My characters are no where near powerful enough for the third fight despite meeting requirements. Bad game design.

    You keep mentioning bad design, bad design, bad design, like a broken record.

    If this is your account, then it's no wonder why you're having difficulty in this event.

    https://swgoh.gg/p/851634432/characters/?f=Rebel

    Leia 5* - Lv50 @ G6
    R2D2 5*- Lv51 @ G4
    Luke 5*- Lv60 @ G6
    STHan 5*- Lv60 @ G6
    Old Ben 6*- Lv70 @ G7

    So here's the advice, get them all to 7*, G8 and at least lv80+.
  • So here's the advice, get them all to 7*, G8 and at least lv80+.

    Great. Why does the game bother letting a new player even see the event let alone start the fight? I call it bad game design because the only result is that players like me get frustrated.
Sign In or Register to comment.