Droid bonus

I don't think that this bonus is working correctly. I just took some crap droids in against phoenix and when they died no damage was dealt to the enemy team.

Replies

• Same, also issues with the hans too
    Except for han solo who seems to be hitting much harder
  • TheFuture
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    same. My guild is having the same issues. Droids are not doing anything other than putting burning on target. Han does seem to shoot first and hit a little harder, but so far rest of bonuses seem to not work. Any way this can be fixed @CG?

• Um I just did an aoe vs droids and killed 3 at once and four of my characters went from full to instantly dead so.... it must be working in part.
  • They are definitely blowing up. I just killed one droid in this **** and he blew up and did that to everyone.

8vebyef8mild.jpeg
  • It did just work on my c3po but nothing happened when my r2 got killed.
  • DeFekt713
    330 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I had the same issue.
    3 droids in my offensive team, 1 dealt damage, two didn't.
    Our whole defense is built on that bonus damage so CG better has a very good excuse for this

https://youtu.be/JLiuN2lgnPk
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Likewise also see an issue with this buff.

Tooltip in game states “Whenever a droid is defeated, they deal damage to each enemy equal to 80% of that enemy’s Max health and inflict burning for one turn which can’t be evaded or resisted. This damage cannot defeat enemies”. This is in a separate paragraph and does not specifically mention the self destruction it should not be linked with it. However for me taking a team of droids in against another team the 80% damage only applied of off 2 out of four that were defeated. So the enemy team was not all brought to 1 go as they should have been. This may be working as intended but not as the tooltip states. Can either the effects of the buff be updated to match the tooltip or the tooltip changed so that it is accurate?
  • So it is poorly programmed or poorly stated in the description. Either way, both is very bad for me and my guild, we have planted weak **** droids in every defensive squad to at least make them attack twice.

This is bad.
    Veeeeeery bad
  • I'm pretty sure that they intended for the bonus damage to only occur when the 15% chance triggers defeat, rather than on *any defeat*. That would explain the in-game experience most users are reporting.

However, the copy is incredibly poorly written, and doesn't indicate this at all. I've noticed this is trend (the way that the Star Forge requirements was initially written was terribly unclear as well). CG would really benefit from hiring a competent copy editor as whomever is writing for them currently seems miscast in that role; wouldn't be surprised if it was a developer pulling double duty rather than a dedicated technical writer, as societal appreciation for clear, precise, and concise writing appears to be waning.

I'm not sure what can be done with the TW in progress and the majority of CG staff out of the office for the weekend (or in Chicago for SW Celebration). Probably nothing. @Kyno could probably answer better. If your defense strategy depended on exploding droids, you're probably SoL for this TW.

As a guild leader I generally don't go heavy on bonus teams on defense the first time they are available, as it's hard to determine their efficacy. Sometimes they are also buggy and not WAI (like Jawas or Grievous) and sometimes they just aren't terribly useful (like CUP or Dooku).
  • So... I think that the bonuses only seem to be working on defense...
  • I got a comment from the devs saying that they are looking into it btw
  • Pahkahhh wrote: »
    I got a comment from the devs saying that they are looking into it btw
    Thanks, keep us posted please
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    I just got a report on this from another source. I'm investigating. Let me see if I can get the team to update me on it. I'll post something as soon as we have more.

• Thanks for the update @Kyno
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Um I just did an aoe vs droids and killed 3 at once and four of my characters went from full to instantly dead so.... it must be working in part.

Their explosions are not supposed to be able to defeat enemies.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Closed. There is a post in GD that will remain open for now.
This discussion has been closed.