SWGOHOTOR

I’m curious to know if I’m alone in this, but is anyone else tired of this game being all about the Old Republic? I really hope CG follows through and starts focusing on content from other Star Wars properties. There are so many characters from the Clone Wars, the original movies and even Battlefront 2 that could be included not to mention episodes 7-9.

Replies

• From the original movies apart from Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker there is no one else to bring. But as mentioned above we should start getting new clone wars chars soon. MAYBE even some rework fromthe ones already in the game.

Ps: i don't mind Old Republic characters, on the contrary. :blush:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is always a complaint when we go through an "era".

First it was rebels, then just LS in general, then the jedi(raven), and now it's also kotor.

There is always complaints and always people who love it. Many people play this game, can't make everyone happy. Just try to enjoy the game and always keep in mind, things will change.
  • I’m curious to know if I’m alone in this, but is anyone else tired of this game being all about the Old Republic? I really hope CG follows through and starts focusing on content from other Star Wars properties. There are so many characters from the Clone Wars, the original movies and even Battlefront 2 that could be included not to mention episodes 7-9.

Nope. They can even go into the MMO content. KOTOR is widely considered (aside from the Thrawn trilogy) to be the greatest Star Wars story ever told.

Hoped this would push people to go play the games but i guess they would rather just shut their eyes and complain. Its even on mobile too now...

Reach our their and try some new Star Wars Stories.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    KOTOR is widely considered (aside from the Thrawn trilogy) to be the greatest Star Wars story ever told.

Not by any meaningful definition of the word "widely". To give you an idea, the ticket sales of Episode 3 totaled over $50 million on opening night in the US alone. The average cost of a ticket was $6 at the time. That's 8.3 million people on a single day in just one country. KOTOR sold 270,000 copies in the first two weeks after its release, when the demand was at its peak.

The global box office sales of Ep. 3 amounted to $849 million, and it was far from being the highest-grossing Star Wars movie. Even if tens of millions of people bought more than one ticket, I think it's safe to say that over a 100 million people have seen it in theaters around the world. Meanwhile, KOTOR sold 3.2 million copies over two years.

We all like to think that our personal likes and dislikes are universal or at least the majority sentiment, but the number of XBOX and PC gamers who like playing RPGs and happened to have a lot of spare time back in '05 stands in no relation to the number of Star Wars fans around the world.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    KOTOR is widely considered (aside from the Thrawn trilogy) to be the greatest Star Wars story ever told.

Not by any meaningful definition of the word "widely". To give you an idea, the ticket sales of Episode 3 totaled over $50 million on opening night in the US alone. The average cost of a ticket was $6 at the time. That's 8.3 million people on a single day in just one country. KOTOR sold 270,000 copies in the first two weeks after its release, when the demand was at its peak.

The global box office sales of Ep. 3 amounted to $849 million, and it was far from being the highest-grossing Star Wars movie. Even if tens of millions of people bought more than one ticket, I think it's safe to say that over a 100 million people have seen it in theaters around the world. Meanwhile, KOTOR sold 3.2 million copies over two years.

We all like to think that our personal likes and dislikes are universal or at least the majority sentiment, but the number of XBOX and PC gamers who like playing RPGs and happened to have a lot of spare time back in '05 stands in no relation to the number of Star Wars fans around the world.

No KOTOR is the greatest star wars story ever told aside from thrawn hands down.

In fact it still ranks 10-20 greatest games ever made, while competing with the likes of GoW, Last of Us, etc.

Dont compare apples to oranges. Literally EVERY movie sells a minimum of 5 million.

Face that is is WIDELY considered by the majority of people that have actually played it to be the greatest starwars game(s) ever created. There is no disputing that.

Sad that instead of going to play it people would rater complain and not know what they are missing out on. Like i said is still in the top 20 of the greatest games ever played list period, for anyone thats actually played it.