The Droid "Buff" in TW is the worst one yet.

2Next

Replies

• All tw/ga are dumb
  • Where do you find your TW rank for your guild?
    Redapple wrote: »
    My guild who is a high end (top 10) tw guild tailored our strategy to the droid buff. Placing nearly all droids on D w the idea that they would all blow up. Even low gear droids all the same. Shortly after attack phase opened we realized we were bamboozled by cgs error. We lost by less than 60 banners. I am 100% confident that we win by large margin if the droid buff worked as advertised. Our opponent placed very few droids on d so it did not effect them the same bc the truth came out in attack phase. I think more attention to detail is needed if you are going to add buffed toons for tw, which is somewhat silly in the first place but not my gripe. Compensation is in order.

• Was not a fan of these buffs....it's a colossal pain for guild officers to plan and strategize for TW when crazy buffs to entire groups of characters are only announced a day or two before a TW....and even worse when they aren't even described correctly in patch notes or in-game text. The droid one was particularly bad as it not only "buffed" up lesser used droids but it gimped teams that use key droids like BB-8, R2 and HK because they had a chance of being one-shotted....so they buffed some droids and "debuffed" others.
  • BTW:

I agree with people who said they saw the 15% activate without scratching the protection of the opponent. It happened to me at least once. (I think twice, but I wasn't ready for it so the after the time I thought it happened I looked more carefully and it definitely happened that 2nd time)
  • Redapple wrote: »
    My guild who is a high end (top 10) tw guild tailored our strategy to the droid buff. Placing nearly all droids on D w the idea that they would all blow up. Even low gear droids all the same. Shortly after attack phase opened we realized we were bamboozled by cgs error. We lost by less than 60 banners. I am 100% confident that we win by large margin if the droid buff worked as advertised. Our opponent placed very few droids on d so it did not effect them the same bc the truth came out in attack phase. I think more attention to detail is needed if you are going to add buffed toons for tw, which is somewhat silly in the first place but not my gripe. Compensation is in order.

Your guild lost because your strategy was awful, not because of the bugs. It kinda blows my mind that you thought they’d be effective as a defensive team after you read the bonuses

Droids on o lose banners on explosion. So they are good for offense if you like dropping banners. High level tw guilds every banner counts. The strategy is bad in hindsight because the droids didn't blow up as originally described at time of death bc cg coding error.

If the error did not exist the plan would have been mimicked by other guilds. These low geared droids weren't meant to hold the line for 10 battles just 1 stop or 2 if lucky that is all. The bug was a pretty significant deal... blow up at time of death or dont blow up at time of death that is not a little bug that is quite the difference maker. So needless to say low geared droids that dont explode were free passes. Would like to include I have never lost a ga or came close to it, typically pretty good at accessing a teams viability. Not good at predicting what will be coded wrong next.