So yes, everyone wants a ship raid, but how about in the meantime ship assault battles?

I know a lot of work has to go into a raid, and as such there may not be a ship raid for a while. But if that's the case, can we get something similar to assault battles for ships? This could be a fun way to add some PVE into ships which allows for multiple encounters. You could also add in special abilities to the different types of ships, to help break them out from the squad battles. It could be something like this:
Defense of the Death Star
Requirement: Empire ships
Wave 1: You fight against a bunch of enemy fighters that don't have any capital ship support.
Wave 2: Take out the medical frigate. You have to destroy the medical frigate, which is being defended by rebel ships (including the falcon, piloted by Lando and Nien Nunb).
Wave 3: Defend your capital against several waves of fighters and an enemy corvette.
Wave 4 (final): Destroy the enemy Cruiser.
Your ships could be given different abilities based on their types.
Tank: Defensive formation (3). Dispel target lock from all allies and all debuffs from this ship, recover 50% health and protection, and gain taunt and defense up for 2 turns.
Attacker: Overwhelm (3). Gain Critical Chance Up and Critical Damage Up until the end of your next turn. Take a bonus turn, during which you ignore taunt and your attacks apply marked, but cannot attack the enemy capital ship.
Support: Bombing run (2). Deal true damage against the enemy capital ship and remove 30% turn meter. For each active enemy fighter, reduce turn meter removal and damage done by 10%.
Capital: Endless waves (2). Target ally recovers 100% health and protection and activates its reinforcement ability. (This ability replaces reinforcement whenever you can't use it, i.e. none left or 5 active fighters).
Obviously, you could have different events for the different factions, but Empire sounds the most fun right now since it would give you something to do with all those Empire ships that are currently rusting in the hangar.

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    they are all rusting in the hangar because there is nothing to do with ALL of them except precious meta arena
  • There's GA (sometimes)
    There's TB
    There's TW (sometimes)
    There's Contraband Cargo
    There's Fleet table
    There's Ship Challenges
    There's Chimera event
    There's the Home One/Executrix/Endurance Mastery events
    There's the Han's Millenium Falcon event

Heck if you want Darth Revan and Darth Malak you pretty much have to put some effort into fleet (for Carth).

All things that require ships. Would I like more? Sure. I love ships.

But to say there's nothing but Arena is not quite accurate.

Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    There's GA (sometimes) Your meta fleet and your old meta fleet and it's just a boring arena battle

There's TB C'mon Tryst stages 1-4 are a joke for even noobs 5-6 are 20 second yawn fests for non newbs at least pre 2.0 I do not remember the bore fest with 5 ships...and at that its the same dull repetitive same enemies over and over you just click your ships and none of it matters
    There's TW (sometimes) Great you set your meta then can't beat theirs so no real ship play or you set trash and fight and arena battle or a fluff match...no strat, no fun, meh..but i guess yeah if the other team sets trash you could technically use your whole fleet lol
    There's Contraband Cargo Yes right now that's all there is which might have been interesting if the 2 strongest ships in the game were NOT cargo ships but hey...it is content so yeah kudos on CC
    There's Fleet table get 5* HT add 6 random ships click auto whooopie again the higher tiers would have been epic fun and a serious challenge had they not released HT as a gift to long time players or whales who hate ships but still wanted to farm toons on ship table....now it's a joke
    There's Ship Challenges yawn(back when they came out looked forward to them but yawn
    There's Chimera event still dont' have yours ? your stretching now as again 20 second battle no content no buildup or strat for all but newbs just quick battle gg
    There's the Home One/Executrix/Endurance Mastery events streeeeetch yawn
    There's the Han's Millenium Falcon event YUP will take it...wish we could play it again just for a changeup in something to do every few months..it's a shame that one of the two actual ship contents they have added in the last 2 years wrecked the mode for them (not me..I'll take what I can get on ships

Heck if you want Darth Revan and Darth Malak you pretty much have to put some effort into fleet (for Carth).

All things that require ships. Would I like more? Sure. I love ships.

But to say there's nothing but Arena is not quite accurate.

meh 2 years man..in terms of everything you posted there I see maybe 4 minutes a week tops maybe less 6 minutes if it's a TB week.

except for CC (which i ceded) There is Zero non auto content for any of your ships outside of your meta team in the arena NON ZERO zilch except for your quarterly Han event which again once you have......"annnnnd it's gone"

EDIT : Your capital ship challenges are faction based yet old and meaningless once you have them.... Asking for some non meaningless once completed FACTION based ship events is not asking a lot..it's really not
  • You're speaking from an end(ish) game state. Pretty much all the critiques you have towards the various ship events could be made about 90% of the toon based content too.

This game is all about grinding and repetitive actions. Aside from the occasional SURPRISE Legendary/Journey events there's been no new content in ages. You don't use at least half the roster in any game mode if you're trying to be competitive.

I get your point - new and engaging content would be welcome indeed. But let's not pretend there's nothing to do just because there's nothing YOU like to do.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    You're speaking from an end(ish) game state. Pretty much all the critiques you have towards the various ship events could be made about 90% of the toon based content too.

This game is all about grinding and repetitive actions. Aside from the occasional SURPRISE Legendary/Journey events there's been no new content in ages. You don't use at least half the roster in any game mode if you're trying to be competitive.

I get your point - new and engaging content would be welcome indeed. But let's not pretend there's nothing to do just because there's nothing YOU like to do.

not end game state getting 4 ships to gear 10-11 state you could have that done before you hit your arena shard