Why are we pretending drop rates dont get lowered?

It happens literally all the time. Need 1-2 more shards to get that next star? Enjoy spending 3 full energy without getting it. Event coming up that requires a character? Lol you’ll go days without a shard. Purchasing a character you need because you can’t get it to drop when farming? Thanks for the money, have the lowest possible shard outcome in return.

It happens to many, many people. I don’t know why there are people that vehemently deny lowered drop rates. Do you know why it’s **** to deny it? Because that’s EA’s business model. They are 100% in favor of twisting a players arm in order to get them desperate enough to pay for content. Dangle the carrot in front of their faces and take away their ability to get it for free and some will eventually pay you money.

They do it in all their games, they will continue to do it because they exploit addiction and people don’t have the will to quit, so they will just continue to rake in the $$$. Of course the delusional fan boys who attack any negative word against their beloved trash company doesn’t help matters.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please post your data to support this argument, then people will be more likely to believe what you think is happening, really is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wookiebush wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Please post your data to support this argument, then people will be more likely to believe what you think is happening, really is.

It’s not what I think is happening. Look st the forums, every other thread is about poor drop rates, and always about characters required right before an event. Ask guild members, ask in the forums, hell just play the game. You don’t need flow charts and data graphs to see that for many people drop rates are significantly reduced for toons that are needed.

Ok,let's start from the beginning. I am a launch player. I am in an alliance with 7 guilds, I am in more chats than I can count.

Statistics is not something you can "see" without data. People may feel that way when they pay closer attention towards toons they need, but that is called confirmation bias. This is usually made worse they more people try to get something fast or "pay more attention". They are not seeing the whole picture they see a very narrow view.

Many players have posted data showing the drop rate always working out to the rough 33% average. Some have even showed the subset of data pertaining to last shards, and shown that it is consistent with other data areas.

This is why data is important to show what people are feeling, otherwise ot is just a feeling about the last 0/X they saw and how bad that is.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Wookiebush wrote: »
    It’s not what I think is happening. Look st the forums, every other thread is about poor drop rates, and always about characters required right before an event. Ask guild members, ask in the forums, hell just play the game. You don’t need flow charts and data graphs to see that for many people drop rates are significantly reduced for toons that are needed.
    Many people play a game that has a random element.

When many people play the game, some will have good luck and some will have bad luck. There are tens if not hundreds of thousands of players rolling every day. Roll a million times and you will probably find the one in a million case of bad luck.

Those unlucky winners who have the surprisingly bad luck are the ones more likely to come onto the forums and complain about their bad luck. People coming onto the forum to kvetch is not a sign that the odds are actually lowered behind the scenes.
    Still not a he.