Best mods for Darth Malak

Obviously speed is always a priority but what sets would benefit him best?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yep, speed. Beyond that focusing on protection, health and offense is my goal.
  • So an offense set and a health set with speed and protection secondaries?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    So an offense set and a health set with speed and protection secondaries?

That is what I am thinking for my first build. Seems to make sense with his kit as it is now...
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I went, 2 health, 4 tenacity, speed secondary with Protection primary’s where possible.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    You want tenacity so shock doesn’t land before he starts gaining bonuses. Speed obviously very important too
  • Foxer wrote: »
    I went, 2 health, 4 tenacity, speed secondary with Protection primary’s where possible.

I did the same, with a speed primary arrow
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    You want tenacity so shock doesn’t land before he starts gaining bonuses. Speed obviously very important too

Presumably you're going to be running him under DR, who's going to shoot his tenacity to hell anyway - seems like a waste to bother modding for it.

I was actually thinking that once he has his zetas, he might not need a ton of speed since he'll get bonus turns and his drain cooldown finished when his health dips anyway. Like I probably wouldn't do no speed at all, but it seems like you could focus more on giving him tons of health so he's tough to chew through even with Ferocity tanking his defense.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Well I went from 300+ to 1st in arena today so I’ll stick with it.... I run them with Sion being second fastest.... revan hits, Sion strips all bonus/tenacity, Fallen, hits her hers then shock, then HK one shots anyone, then Malak dies his thing and it’s over.
  • Mindl
    13 posts Member
    How do the defense mods help him when he should have 5+ stacks of ferocity on him most of the time? -75% defense/tenacity seems to make defense and tenacity sets pointless.
  • I would imagine that having more starting defense would help him still have defense even with the ferocity stacks.
  • TaranStorm11
    28 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    He’s an auto taunter who dishes out a vicious amount of punishment for hitting him. Characters who fit that mold (malak, big Z) along with autotaunters that are impregnable walls of meat (shore, SiT) don’t need anything other than massive amounts of defenses. In malaks case, as he turns all prot into health, the best option is far and away to throw as much prot on him as you can. Prot % primaries with prot secondaries are key. Tenacity and def, as some have pointed out, are rendered worthless within 10 stacks of ferocity. Let his fear and drain life thresholds do work for you as he protects your team with his unprecedented 160k health threshold.

Edit: with health sets, as there are no prot sets obviously lol
  • I put my Malak at 325 speed and DR at 324 speed. Any squad below a 324 speed DR gets their buffs striped from Sith Trooper and my DR will fear their entire squad.
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    I put my Malak at 325 speed and DR at 324 speed. Any squad below a 324 speed DR gets their buffs striped from Sith Trooper and my DR will fear their entire squad.

This if you have the mods for it.