Malak's fear ability in the event not WAI?

From what I can read, when Malak gains taunt, characters that critically hit him during that turn gain fear. So when I use Mission's ability street smarts, which isn't an attack, she also gains fear. Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    inflicts DoTs which also trigger fear
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    it's a help, so you can stuck armor penetration with big Z without triggering Mission's assist
  • NinjaChronicles
    308 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    inflicts DoTs which also trigger fear

Hmm... Ok, thanks
  • Options
    Ok so just to be clear, DoTs count as critical hits?
  • Options

No, DM's ability inflicts Fear for both DoTs and being critically hit. That's how it works.
  • Options

"At the end of each turn, enemies who inflicted Damage Over Time on Darth Malak or critically hit him this turn are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be resisted or evaded."
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Mission's ability inflicts debuffs, it s not a DoT. But we don't complain because it meshes well with Zaalbar's armour shred.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Konnos183 wrote: »
    Mission's ability inflicts debuffs, it s not a DoT. But we don't complain because it meshes well with Zaalbar's armour shred.

Now you see me:
    Mission has +80% Potency and inflicts Damage Over Time on target enemy for 2 turns when she uses an ability, which can't be Evaded. When an enemy Resists, Mission gains +20% Potency (stacking) until she inflicts a Damage Over Time effect.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be easier to just read his kit? Is that not the first thing people do when something happens they weren't expecting?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    yyrz29r77t27.png

I didn't see that text here, so I'm just asking now where I can find it, that's all...
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Get Malak to soak up the crit immunity pod and the tenacity pod so Vao doesnt get fear nor anyone else.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to just read his kit? Is that not the first thing people do when something happens they weren't expecting?
    Its not in the in-game text for the event

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201143/known-bugs-and-upcoming-changes#latest
    The description of Darth Malak’s ability, Gnawing Terror, in the event Starforge Showdown is incorrect. The event Darth Malak also inflicts Fear on units that inflict a Damage Over Time on him, similar to his player ownable unit.
  • Options
    Thanks @Ultra that clears it up :smile: