Nerf the falcon, now. . .please.

Now that I have the OT falcon and can remove myself from extreme bias: Nerf the OT falcon, and nerf it hard. Oh my god, am I tired of facing the same 3 starting ships and virtually the same reinforcing ships. And now everyone has it in the top 25 of the arena, so it’s just the same freaking thing over and over again.

Replies

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    It’s boring but predictable.. now the debate over fast or slow ackbar.. which works best on offense/defence....

No need needed.. move along.. hope you’ve been farming sith ships for the release of the sith cap ship
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    It will be nerfed in the way of a new OP capital that adds so much protection to ships even the falcon will timeout....or it will speed boost the ships so fast falcon will be dead before match even starts.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    It will be nerfed in the way of a new OP capital that adds so much protection to ships even the falcon will timeout....or it will speed boost the ships so fast falcon will be dead before match even starts.

"Allied ships regain all protection when an enemy is called to assist"
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Vertigo wrote: »

All they have to do is add a sith protection stacking like hounds tooth...then with palps shuttle stacking protection regen mechanic stacking with that you will have the immortal fleet... imagine fighting 5 Hounds tooths all hitting you with AOE bombs, foresight and stealth, healing immunity, retribution on top of that HT mechanic....
    will be sick...

They soooooooooooooooooooooo have a chance right now still with ships...that have not gone all nuts on the kits... still time for a massive ship release all with similar powered kits that are not all revan'ish..

Ships is what could give this game life for a few more years as long as they don't go dumb on the kits.

Sith are horrible right now.... possibly worst health/prot pool in the game.. G12 SA hits like a noodle..yeah reduces health by like one pip on his special. Bomber weakest tank in game...awesome reinforce tho except for the tenacity checks. ..

Lowest health pool in game... Maul, SA, Bomber have low survivablity and hit like noodles. Vader has the attack power and TL thing but again glass cannon. Palp puts taunt on people you don't want taunt.... If they let you select it instead of putting it on healthiest toon you could drop it on ITF and pray

so what you have now is a horrible horrible ship faction that will end up getting a capital ship that makes them amazing...but to do that.....it's going to have to be 10x better than anything we have now...and that is scary REAL scary cause it's automatic going down the revan kit road.

I still think they are going to go with a bastilla type lead for sith starting will mass protection...and palp shuttle will boost it more... only way to kill a ship will to have 4 rebels on the field and call in falcon to assist lol....good luck with that

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »

All they have to do is add a sith protection stacking like hounds tooth...then with palps shuttle stacking protection regen mechanic stacking with that you will have the immortal fleet... imagine fighting 5 Hounds tooths all hitting you with AOE bombs, foresight and stealth, healing immunity, retribution on top of that HT mechanic....
    will be sick...

They soooooooooooooooooooooo have a chance right now still with ships...that have not gone all nuts on the kits... still time for a massive ship release all with similar powered kits that are not all revan'ish..

Ships is what could give this game life for a few more years as long as they don't go dumb on the kits.

Sith are horrible right now.... possibly worst health/prot pool in the game.. G12 SA hits like a noodle..yeah reduces health by like one pip on his special. Bomber weakest tank in game...awesome reinforce tho except for the tenacity checks. ..

Lowest health pool in game... Maul, SA, Bomber have low survivablity and hit like noodles. Vader has the attack power and TL thing but again glass cannon. Palp puts taunt on people you don't want taunt.... If they let you select it instead of putting it on healthiest toon you could drop it on ITF and pray

so what you have now is a horrible horrible ship faction that will end up getting a capital ship that makes them amazing...but to do that.....it's going to have to be 10x better than anything we have now...and that is scary REAL scary cause it's automatic going down the revan kit road.

I still think they are going to go with a bastilla type lead for sith starting will mass protection...and palp shuttle will boost it more... only way to kill a ship will to have 4 rebels on the field and call in falcon to assist lol....good luck with that

Or this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198403/krennics-shuttle

CREW#1 - Cooldown: 4
    Inflict Target Lock on all enemies for 2 turns and increase their cooldowns by 1. Then reduce the cooldowns of all allies by 1.

That's just too OP for what we have right now in ships....Do we really want to go down that road..... That seems more like a capital ship ultimate.

The only reason i WOULD NOT say no to this is the sith ships would greatly benefit from this that would give them some survivablity. Problem is you just stick krennic on a rebels team and whoever is faster or in the case of a tie whoever is the luckiest wins...

Maybe if it read Inflict Target Lock on all enemies for 2 turns and increase NON SITH/EMPIRE enemies cooldowns by 1. Then reduce the cooldowns of all SITH/EMPIREallies by 1.

Could make for interesting Sith/empire vs Sith/empire mirrors...again fastest ship or luckiest on TM tie team wins automatically

Just seems too OP it's a massive swing.... I think it could be a capital ultimate..... who knows maybe new capital ships will get 2 ultimates that would fit right in
  • The main problem is that the Falcon creates literally the only remarkable ship synergy. And it’s extremely remarkable. It just does too much to reliably counter with anything else. And that seems to be the trend with characters, too. Every character introduced needs to be THE new character. Horribly unsustainable and requires an egregious lack of foresight. . .and creativity.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

will be sick...

Lmao what are you talking about sith ships are awesome, I've been beating 300k pwr + fleets with my own sith fleet since it was 230k power, now at 265k and I still easily stay in the top 20-10 and can go higher when I want. Literally the only thin that makes me break a sweat is near maxed HMFs and high power fleets with good comps. Siths also have by far the most fluid synergy, incredibly fun to fight with if a bit rng dependent. But yeah could use a capital ship, and Dooku's ship. And B-28 could use a little more survivability but honestly doesn't need to be as strong as HT. Maybe Marauder could get a zeta. But really man if you are thinking sith ships are bad then you're doing it wrong. Sure they're not going to readily beat HMF because that's the big whale prize right now but they're still incredibly good.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019

will be sick...

Lmao what are you talking about sith ships are awesome, I've been beating 300k pwr + fleets with my own sith fleet since it was 230k power, now at 265k and I still easily stay in the top 20-10 and can go higher when I want. Literally the only thin that makes me break a sweat is near maxed HMFs and high power fleets with good comps. Siths also have by far the most fluid synergy, incredibly fun to fight with if a bit rng dependent. But yeah could use a capital ship, and Dooku's ship. And B-28 could use a little more survivability but honestly doesn't need to be as strong as HT. Maybe Marauder could get a zeta. But really man if you are thinking sith ships are bad then you're doing it wrong. Sure they're not going to readily beat HMF because that's the big whale prize right now but they're still incredibly good.

Its your shard not the ships man

Edit i like the sith ships and synergy potential.... i got most of em maxxed.... they are beyond worthless against maxxed fleet shards...

Worry not the god OP ship be coming make em viable
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    My shard is 49/50 ackbar with Falcon and 1 Thrawn with Falcon

It was the pendulum swinging from defense to offense. Mace fleets would time you out and Hound would be very hard to kill so they gave us overpowered offense though it would be nice if there were more options to use. The balance in both arenas are at a low point right now.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Give it a rest already. I've been shooting down the Millennium Falcon of my fleet shard whale before I had my own, courtesy of Cassian's U-Wing and Ebon Hawk.

If you don't have the Falcon yet (and we had plenty of time to farm the necessary ships and pilots between the two events), bring a beefy Hound's Tooth along with high damage attackers like Ahsoka, Anakin, KRU, Vader etc., and of course Cassian's ship. Reinforce with the U-Wing – which can be 5 stars with level 1, g1 pilots as long as its reinforcement ability is maxed – shoot down the Falcon and clean up. It's not like fighting one of the Revans with a non-Revan team.

PS: If it weren't for the Falcon, you'd be complaining about Hound's Tooth. And if HT didn't exist, it would be Biggs or Vader or Chimaera that supposedly needs to be nerfed because you can't be bothered to farm the necessary counters. Fleet is ridiculously easy compared to the squad arena. There are no god mods and everyone can get the same gear on their pilots. You just have to invest in your fleet, even if it means neglecting other areas of the game.
  • Hoopty wrote: »
    The main problem is that the Falcon creates literally the only remarkable ship synergy. And it’s extremely remarkable. It just does too much to reliably counter with anything else. And that seems to be the trend with characters, too. Every character introduced needs to be THE new character. Horribly unsustainable and requires an egregious lack of foresight. . .and creativity.

There is a great amount of synergy between Galactic Republic ships too, but it's more defense-oriented. There is still a GR fleet in the top 5 of my shard who occasionally manages to take rank 1. It doesn't even need Cassian's UW or EH to win against a rebel fleet. Just a scary Ahsoka who makes quick work of the enemy HT and an equally well-geared Anakin who mops up. Add the usual defensive GR cheese with plenty of heals and pass-the-taunt games, and Mace is still a force to be reckoned with.
  • Hoopty
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Give it a rest already. I've been shooting down the Millennium Falcon of my fleet shard whale before I had my own, courtesy of Cassian's U-Wing and Ebon Hawk.

If you don't have the Falcon yet (and we had plenty of time to farm the necessary ships and pilots between the two events), bring a beefy Hound's Tooth along with high damage attackers like Ahsoka, Anakin, KRU, Vader etc., and of course Cassian's ship. Reinforce with the U-Wing – which can be 5 stars with level 1, g1 pilots as long as its reinforcement ability is maxed – shoot down the Falcon and clean up. It's not like fighting one of the Revans with a non-Revan team.

PS: If it weren't for the Falcon, you'd be complaining about Hound's Tooth. And if HT didn't exist, it would be Biggs or Vader or Chimaera that supposedly needs to be nerfed because you can't be bothered to farm the necessary counters. Fleet is ridiculously easy compared to the squad arena. There are no god mods and everyone can get the same gear on their pilots. You just have to invest in your fleet, even if it means neglecting other areas of the game.

Haha, you say if not for the falcon, I.e. one ship, there would be, like, 5 other ships to complain about? Lol, you realize the problem with that logic, right?

I have the falcon (and the ebon hawk, and the emperors shuttle, both maxed reinforcement power. Neither are viable counters to a falcon fleet.), as do virtually all in the top 25 of my arena. That’s the point. It’s the only viable fleet, it supersedes any other arrangement. You try to say this, that and the other are counters, but in practice, that is very obviously not true, because if those were actually counters, the top 50-25 of most people’s arenas wouldn’t be almost solely falcons.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    Hey, not while I dont have it.

And besides, carth and emp shuttle can counter him nicely, so just wait for them.

If they ever come.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales