Why has no one tried joining my guild since posting it on the Forum

fader
83 posts Member
edited April 2019
Around November or December I posted my guild on the Forum trying to recruit better players before posting it I always had people trying to join now it seems as if my guild is blocked and almost no one can find it and advanced search does nothing.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Recruiting is hard work and takes a lot of effort on any front.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/193687/better-guild-recruitment#latest

You last post about your guild provides almost no information about your guild. Check out other posts and maybe use some of the info they post as a template to help you catch people who are looking for a certain benchmark. Everyone wants to "marry up".
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Is your guild set to "OPEN TO JOIN" or "INVITE ONLY"? I never got a single recruit as invite only fyi.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    the "advanced search " isn't as advanced as it should and there is no info about how to use it properly
    your guild's name has more than 1 word (Relentless Renegades) and the search function for some programming reason has trouble when you type more than 1 word...
    whoever wants to find your guild with that tool must use " AND " (exactly like that) between every word and spaces like this:
    "Relentless AND Renegades"
    voilà

Sin_titulo.png
    Post edited by Fahrius on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • fader
    83 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    Is your guild set to "OPEN TO JOIN" or "INVITE ONLY"? I never got a single recruit as invite only fyi.

It is open to join
  • fader wrote: »
    Around November or December I posted my guild on the Forum trying to recruit better players before posting it I always had people trying to join now it seems as if my guild is blocked and almost no one can find it and advanced search does nothing.

You need to be persistent with recruiting. Believe me, it isn't easy. Keep your guild recruitment messages near the top of recruitment section and start communicating with other players in game.

Pro tip: Grand Arena is a good place to recruit peers if you're in the early stages of the game

• You need to be posting this pretty frequently if you want to get people to join. The more persistent you are, the better

Also, me info like guild GP, level of raids you’re doing, stars gained in TB, and daily expectations of players are good to put in there. People will want to know that stuff
  • fader
    83 posts Member
    You need to be posting this pretty frequently if you want to get people to join. The more persistent you are, the better

Also, me info like guild GP, level of raids you’re doing, stars gained in TB, and daily expectations of players are good to put in there. People will want to know that stuff

Thanks
  • fader
    83 posts Member
    fader wrote: »

You need to be persistent with recruiting. Believe me, it isn't easy. Keep your guild recruitment messages near the top of recruitment section and start communicating with other players in game.

Pro tip: Grand Arena is a good place to recruit peers if you're in the early stages of the game

Thanks
  • And yet this post has not yet been moved to guild recruitment so maybe the op is enjoying some extra attention from it
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Like everyone said, recruiting is hard work, and you with 32 members in guild arent going to attract players, everyone search for 45+ members guild. Try to merge, use discord servers for recruiting or merge.

You cant just sit and wait, you must be active 24/7 and lurking for players that post searching for guild.

As i see someone suggested poaching, some would say not nice, but i would dissagree, also that is hardest method...maybe 2 out of 100 accept.

Good luck.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Well people want active guilds that are quick and easy. If you cant offer something useful to someone then dont bother at all. A long time ago I remember managing to join a guild that had HAAT on auto when all I had was Phoenix and a cr***y empire team.
  • More details are always welcome in the description:
    Rancor and AAT Tiers, TB Stars...

It's very hard if you only relate to the forum.

Discord is a good choice but each interesting player will get a lot of messages durring the first couple of minutes.
    we have found a couple players who still enjoy the game.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Your recruitment posts essentially consist of "hi i have a gild plz join." I wouldn't want to join your guild either if I was looking, because you couldn't be bothered to tell me anything about it other than "it exists."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    An example of posting to attract:

Guild looking for new members to tackle new challenges. Doing two Heroic Tanks, 3 Heroic Rancor weekly. Average GP 2.5M. Heroic Sith Tier 6. 42 stars LTSB, 41 stars DSTB. New focus on TWs. 600 energy a day preferred. JKR/DR welcome but not needed, should be working towards both.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"