Looking for players on my alt server: Zolto, SNAKEMAN, Bear1977, DAH, Sephiroth, LAND

Prev134567
Giodude2000
240 posts Member
edited July 2016
HI all, just looking to see if anyone on my alt server reads these forums. Keen to hear about your experiences and thoughts regarding squad comp etc.

My alt IGN is Kal Zakath.
Post edited by Giodude2000 on

Replies

• @SNAKEMAN, @Keelo_Ren, @Eydolon, @sephiroth198900

Hi guys, apologies if I have tagged the wrong person but thought I would give it a shot.
  • Hey what's up! Eydolon and keelo ren are on the forums too as they've messaged me in the past.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Hi @SNAKEMAN, great to hear from you. I see you have got yourself a 6* Yoda, nice work. I only just got him to 6* on my main account which I started late last year. Won't get 7* yet, will need to wait until the challenge comes around again next month.

I am in Brisbane Australia so GMT+10. What is your timezone? I hope we are not on the same time as I've sniped you out of 1st a few times just before my prize time.
  • Thanks! I love Yoda! Currently at 26 eyeballs for gear 9. Prob a couple days away. What made you make an alt account if you don't mind? I've been playing since February 1st and obviously addicted lol!

Oh that's good to know. I'm in the U.S. So no, you haven't affected me but I thought I'd be paired with same time zone. I've got 1st place every day minus a couple times since I started on this server.

Nice to hear from ya all the way over there!
  • Hehe, yep it certainly is addictive!

The alt started as a bit of a test to see how well I would do after learning from all the mistakes I made on my main account. I struggle to maintain top 500 on my main and there were so many things I would do differently if I had the chance to start from scratch. i.e. focus on powerful toons like Poe and GS, move up arena ranks quickly at the start etc.

So I did start from scratch. I wanted to see how competitive I could be as a ftp, so far I have only bought the dark side starter pack and one crystal subscription. I also wanted to try out some different compositions that I have not and cannot do on my main due to lack of resources and already committing to certain toons and compositions.

So far so good, I can place 1st consistently by award time although some days it takes a refresh to get the rng I need. It seems most days my Poe will struggle to get a single expose while the ai gets 4 or 5 and always seems to go first!

Those eyeballs are annoying, took me a week with refreshes to get them for my Yoda on my main.

Are you doing the long farm for RG? He will definitely boost defense once he goes 5* and higher.

Good to know you are in the US so my sniping won't affect you. I usually only battle on arena after 3pm local time anyway unless I have spare battles from refreshes. Either way it should not affect your placement come your award time.

Have you had much discussion with Keelo and Eydolon? Are they enjoying the game??
  • Yea I'm doing the long farm to 5* for RG currently at 16shards. I'm working on GS now for the first time to eventually replace kylo in my line up. I knew how good GS was early but I was working on a phasma team and liked kylo more as a personal preference. I'm also happy I checked the forums when I started this game as I would have probably spent my money poorly if I didn't.

I really hate the poggle droid lineups! Feel like their a cheap OP easy way out. Hope that changes in the near future.

Yea they both enjoy the game from what they've told me. Keelo is in the same time zone as me so we try not to screw each other over in the top 2 places when defending the final minutes.
  • Hey Kal what's up? Glad to see more server mates on the forums. That's interesting that the reward times are different based on your time zone, I thought it was server time zone specific.
    I'm also in it for the slow RG grind, started a little late on it so mine is almost 4*. I'm also farming Rey and FOTP, was doing Dooku but stopped since I'll be able to do his cantina soon and 3 hard modes is a bit much, only 20 Kylo Ren shards left.
  • Keelo_Ren wrote: »
    Hey Kal what's up? Glad to see more server mates on the forums.

Hi Keelo, great to hear from you! I was somewhat inspired by my guild mate Reyia's diary thread to reach out and see if I could contact you guys. Have you had any contact with the other top 10s like Chef, Rayna and monkfishy?
    Keelo_Ren wrote: »
    That's interesting that the reward times are different based on your time zone, I thought it was server time zone specific.

Hehe, it is a good thing that prize times are spread out, could you imagine if the whole top 100 were fighting for rank between 5pm and 6pm in one timezone? It would be madness!! Also some people would need to fight for rank at funny hours in the morning. Lucky for people in a quiet timezone, not so lucky for those in a busy one.
    I'm also in it for the slow RG grind, started a little late on it so mine is almost 4*.

RG looks like he will be worth the grind. I have not decided if I am going to farm him yet though, too much else on my to do list!
    I'm also farming Rey and FOTP, was doing Dooku but stopped since I'll be able to do his cantina soon and 3 hard modes is a bit much, only 20 Kylo Ren shards left.

Rey and FOTP are long farms too but look amazing maxed out. I just went level 69 so have unlocked Level 6 Cantina. Currently farming Kylo as well but I want to unlock Bariss to give my GW team some extra survivability. I also want to work on Dooku, so many toons, gotta catch 'em all!!
  • SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Yea I'm doing the long farm to 5* for RG currently at 16shards. I'm working on GS now for the first time to eventually replace kylo in my line up. I knew how good GS was early but I was working on a phasma team and liked kylo more as a personal preference.

GS really is amazing, was the first lesson I implemented on my alt and is the reason i can stay competitive even though I am a few thousand power and several levels below the other top 10s.
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    I'm also happy I checked the forums when I started this game as I would have probably spent my money poorly if I didn't.

Tell me about it. I have so many regrets from my two months of wasted and unfocused effort on my main. Thankfully I got lucky with some Bronzium and Chromium character pulls (before the nerf) to stay somewhat competitive but I don't like my chances of breaking into the top 100 there
    I really hate the poggle droid lineups! Feel like their a cheap OP easy way out. Hope that changes in the near future.

LOL yeah those teams are so frustrating!! I think a lot of people will be running those teams thanks to Reyia's diary. I know one guild buddy purpose built a droid hunting team with Poe, GS, Jawa and a few others to "droid hop" his way from top 200 to top 20 with a few days of arena crystal refreshes.
    Yea they both enjoy the game from what they've told me. Keelo is in the same time zone as me so we try not to screw each other over in the top 2 places when defending the final minutes.

It is tough having competition with forum buddies come prize time. I know some guild buddies on the same timezone rotate 1st and 2nd and help defend each other with 15mins before prize time. Perhaps you and Keelo can do something similar to share the prize crystals?
  • Shout out to monkfishy, appreciate you waiting until after 6pm my time to knock me out of first. Thanks, much appreciated.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    LoL that's my kind of guy! Building a anti droid team!

I got about 2 weeks before GS is fully starred(replacing kylo) and than I should be able to hold rank better. Also working on 6* daka but will admit Ashoka is tempting. I haven't bite though.
  • Hehe, yeah I was impressed too when I heard about it.

GS is amazing although farming his gear is a bit annoying, especially those puple stun cuffs. Kylo is pretty good too, hope to have him maxed out in a FO team someday. Daka is very annoying, especially when she gets so many assist attacks from Phasma's leader ability. So many stuns!!

I have been working on Ahsoka on my main to unlock 7* Yoda. I pulled her from a Bronzium on my alt account too so will be getting her ready for Yoda event next month.

Any word from any of the other server players @SNAKEMAN? Was really hoping monkfishy would turn up, I was very thankful that he did not kick me out of 1st until 6.10PM.
  • Hi !

ONly saw this thread today xD
  • Hi @Eydolon ,great to hear from you!! Been in contact with @SNAKEMAN and hoping to hear from more players on our arena board.

It's been interesting to see some of the new players coming into the top 20. Keep an eye on Juan and his Dooku led squad, it will be painful when he goes 7*.
  • Yea I'm hoping to see some more diversity in the top ten! Dooku seems like he can become annoying if anyone in our sever gets a developed team to go with him.

I'm not sure about the rest of the server but I plan to hit the new levels HARD and Gear levels!
  • Gearing is going to be so painful now with the recent addition of 50 more purple gear ingredients. The grind continues.....
  • Eydolon
    13 posts Member
    I'm very very disappointed by the patch and the sick grinding it imposes. Im playing because i want to collect characters and try lots of different teams, but at this point it is just impossible. I dont know what i'll do in the future but i seriously think about leaving the game.

I really hate what they did. I hate the cap raise and i hate the new gear.

I'll finish my stock of crystals and then i will see. But im not optimistic.

So sad and angry :(
  • HEY YOU GUYS! WHAT IS UP! oh it's you guys who are up.. get it? no? i'll see my way out :smiley:

I'm FN2199 btw staying currently at the Top 50 and eventually gonna get booted there later on

Saying hi to Lionstone (specially you dude, your QGJ help me a lot when i was first starting out and you were my very first ally whos is high up there, Dell Jade, Adie Dee, Chols, Yodaman, Sherveen Muchifurche, Eirik Stormcaller, Jia I and who is just booted off at #37 Santino lol :smiley:
  • I feel your pain @Eylodon. You could always go FTP and just try to maintain top 50 or 100. I am FTP, only paid for DS starter pack and 1 crystal subscription. I still have hopes that they will bring out star ships/fighters and more Luke Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi variants.

Hi @RidleyGiggity, great to hear from another server mate. Sounds like it is quite competitive between 50 and 100, almost as much as the top 10. I will out for you in the rankings, maybe we will see you in the top 20 eventually?

I have not seen much of Lionstone for quite some time, he used to be a regular in the top 10. I was always impressed that he had a full 7* Kit Fisto so early on.
  • RidleyGiggity
    238 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @Giodude2000 I hope so too *crosses fingers* yeah Lionstone have not been active lately, if he comes back he'll definitely fight the h*ll out of you guys to regain his spot but he might have a lot of catching up to do before that. I'm seeing Rayna is at the top 10 too used to see him/her at my ranks guessing he's not an F2P anymore
  • Are those 50 Hairdryers worth farming for Dooku? or it's better on Luminara?
  • Was really hoping monkfishy would turn up, I was very thankful that he did not kick me out of 1st until 6.10PM.

Hi, more than happy to share those few sweet crystals we can get.

im also f2p, but completely f2p.
    Daka is very annoying, especially when she gets so many assist attacks from Phasma's leader ability. So many stuns!!
    is that me? :dizzy:

your teams beaten me quite a few times when rng goes your way. the poe STH combo is interesting, took me a few tries to figure out how to play into it

@RidleyGiggity rayna was never f2p, he bought all or most of the character bundles from day 1.

theres also a few more ppl from our shard on reddit.
  • Giodude2000
    240 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @o0iuytfu great to hear from you!! I love your squad comp, different to the typical meta and still very effective. Also, total respect for going 100% ftp. To be honest I was hoping to pull Dooku from the DS starter pack put got Veers instead. The subscription was a bit of an indulgence, helped with refreshes.

I am not on reddit, who else from our shard is there?

It sounds like we have different prize times. Where are you based?

Yeah the twin taunt idea was something my guild mates were throwing around a few months back. It works ok but still not as good as I would like on defence.

I am giving Dooku lead a go, but he is still only 6* so not expecting much. Will see how it goes.
  • Oh and the magma trooper is nice, will be worth the grind to 7* I think.
  • hayclonic and elinya haltar. https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4ap2it/is_anyone_here_in_my_shard/

went with NT timezone coz i figured would be pretty empty.

your dooku was nasty to me today, STH dodged my first 3 attacks and I lost my first attempt from there.

yeah magma works great on offense, not sold on using him on defense coz id imagine if you dont use sid aoe hes pretty useless and his damage is still very weak (and i think will stay weak, his dmg multiplier is just so low)
    was hoping his secondary attack would proc phasma but it doesnt :(
    thinking about replacing him with QGJ long term

• Not sure how I just found this, but glad I did! Nice to be able to chat with people.

I've been putting all my resources towards unlocking Yoda, so running an all Jedi team and I'm kind of tired of it, but it has kept me top 50 mostly and occasionally I get in the top 20.

Can't decide whether to try for Poe based team or First Order next. I can't bring myself to farm GS because I have no interest in the character.
  • Hi @lackhand , great to hear from you. Have seen you a few times in the top 20, great work! I hear what you are saying re GS, there are far more interesting (yet less powerful) toons out there. I amuse myself when I use his special by saying "chik chik" as he gets his feet in position and "BOOM" when it goes off.
    o0iuytfu wrote: »
    went with NT timezone coz i figured would be pretty empty.

Is that Northern Territory? No wonder you are always making your move just after my prize time! Will keep this in mind as sometimes I have spare battles after claiming first (especially if I use a refresh) and will avoid you for a few hours after my prize time. Also, if you are Aussie based have you considered joining the ANZGC Guild? https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6579/anzgc-the-guild-from-down-under/p1
    o0iuytfu wrote: »
    your dooku was nasty to me today, STH dodged my first 3 attacks and I lost my first attempt from there.

Interesting feedback, thanks for that. AI rng is ridiculous sometimes. I am still very much experimenting with defensive line up.
  • o0iuytfu
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Is that Northern Territory? No wonder you are always making your move just after my prize time! Will keep this in mind as sometimes I have spare battles after claiming first (especially if I use a refresh) and will avoid you for a few hours after my prize time. Also, if you are Aussie based have you considered joining the ANZGC Guild? https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6579/anzgc-the-guild-from-down-under/p1

yeah, pretty sure im 30 mins after you so dont need hours.

yeah thought about it, might join if guilds actually do anything
    Post edited by o0iuytfu on
  • Hi Guys, looks like I did not move much overnight. Keen to hear feedback on the defensive team I put in. Did it actually work effectively or was it just crazy RNG?
  • Hi Guys, looks like I did not move much overnight. Keen to hear feedback on the defensive team I put in. Did it actually work effectively or was it just crazy RNG?

I can't really say, and can't remember is I ended up challenging you or not.

Today was my first real push for the top though. Got #1, knocked down to 3 right before prizes, took back #1 but seconds too late for payout. Not bad for a first real shot though. Hopefully I can stick around. The glaring weakness in the team is six star Yoda, but in hoping he will be seven tomorrow. Fingers crossed...