If you can't make ships follow consistent gameplay, get rid of it

Luniz
359 posts Member
there is nothing enjoyable about this terrible game mode. You can even say the mechanics are bad because they are completely nonexistent. Skills dont do what they say they do, turn order has nothing to do with anything objective, application of buffs or debuffs follow a set of rules completely arbitrary compared to the rest of the game. Its a complete sham that exists only to squeeze money out of addicts. If you can't fix it, get rid of it.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Would you mind providing examples of the many things you are saying here.

In my experience:
    - skills do what they say they will do
    - turn order is what is expected based on the ships in play and the stated skills
    - buffs and debuffs follow the skills stated and the normal potency/tenacity check

Other than a bug or issue, nothing you seem to be saying here is accurate, and may he an issue of a misunderstanding. You may want to request some help in the strategy section, when an issue pops up you see as broken.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm all for getting rid of fleet !
    Not for those reasons though
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    i'm all for getting rid of fleet !
    Not for those reasons though

No! I need z BajillonmSim tickets!
  • Luniz wrote: »
    there is nothing enjoyable about this terrible game mode. You can even say the mechanics are bad because they are completely nonexistent. Skills dont do what they say they do, turn order has nothing to do with anything objective, application of buffs or debuffs follow a set of rules completely arbitrary compared to the rest of the game. Its a complete sham that exists only to squeeze money out of addicts. If you can't fix it, get rid of it.

None of what you have just claimed is true to my experience.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Luniz wrote: »
    There is nothing enjoyable about this terrible post. You can even say the facts are bad because they are completely nonexistent. Ship abilities do do exactly what they say they will do, application of buffs and debuffs does follow a set of rules and your apparent lack of understanding does not make them arbitrary.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ships are awesome...What the devs have done with ships in the last 2 years notsomuch.

Just somewhere to use em....that's all we want... not asking for the world here...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There's tons of people already illuminating all the **** with so called RNG and fleet I'd easily the buggiest mode in the game. Bunch of p2w white knight shutters would rather pay to be good at something than have a good product.

Actually many of us are just waiting for a single example of what you are saying.....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There's tons of people already illuminating all the **** with so called RNG and fleet I'd easily the buggiest mode in the game. Bunch of p2w white knight shutters would rather pay to be good at something than have a good product.

Let me know when you see anyone actually proving their claim. That would get my attention.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

There is literally no current P2W in ships man.... There was P2W for a period of 3-4 months when HT was released as a marquee and that's it. 3-4 months out of 2.5 years not bad at all...and currently is F2P win.

Although with CG giving everyone G12 toons now on every single ship everyone will have a maxxed fleet...so there will be no fun there unless they are GIVING people all these G12 ships so no one cries like a baby when they release a raid or something...... the ole "I hate ships I ignored it for years now I suck at the raid and my guild wants to boot me" crap
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Come back when you have something better than salty hyperbole to offer young padawan.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Kyno wrote: »

In my experience:
    - turn order is what is expected based on the ships in play and the stated skills
    - buffs and debuffs follow the skills stated and the normal potency/tenacity check

Other than a bug or issue, nothing you seem to be saying here is accurate, and may he an issue of a misunderstanding. You may want to request some help in the strategy section, when an issue pops up you see as broken.
    Kyno wrote: »

In my experience:

• Ships had become terrible if your aren’t using ackbar as command you can’t even break the top 25 now. No matter how strong your ships are. They have over powered that combo with the new falcon. It’s terrible and only gotten worse since they did the falcon run again. So if you have ackbars ship with a 7 star falcon no other leadership can win. It’s garbage
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Top 10 of my fleet shard right now is 4 Executrix (incl #1 spot), 1 Chimaera, 5 Home One and there are a bunch more Executrix between 10 and 25.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Top 10 of my fleet shard right now is 4 Executrix (incl #1 spot), 1 Chimaera, 5 Home One and there are a bunch more Executrix between 10 and 25.

i'm going out on a limb here and just assume they didn't unlock the HMF or haven't yet geared the supporting team.
    Mine has been ackbar/HMF in the entire top50 ever since HMF was first release (give or take a week or two to gear up the necessary characters).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member

I am not noticing bugs in fleet besides visual bugs like ships not appearing stealthed when they are. Not really an issue for me though.

RNG though is huge in ships, particularly with the current state of things with the Falcon. The assists with the Falcon is very RNG, and also ships dodging. The Hound can take ages to kill or it can go down in 1 or 2 attacks if the assists all come into play and you get crits. It gets silly. Maybe, the RNG is just frustrating you and you are getting hyperbolic about bugs?

• I’d like that Bistan bug fixed any time now...

Ships were awesome right before the Falcon came out. There was a decent amount of fleet arena diversity. Since then it’s been nothing but Rebels, and a few really good ships have been practically ignored because the Falcon is just so OP nothing else matters.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I’d like that Bistan bug fixed any time now...

Ships were awesome right before the Falcon came out. There was a decent amount of fleet arena diversity. Since then it’s been nothing but Rebels, and a few really good ships have been practically ignored because the Falcon is just so OP nothing else matters.

Honestly, its really funny when you call out Cassian, kill their falcon, and realise none of your ships will ever die for the rest of the match. Its basically gg the moment either sides Falcon dies because of how strong and broken it is.

Because before Falcon, no one used Rebels in fleet since they are not as good as the other ships besides like Biggs, now even Wedge, a ship that was extremely low tier, can one shot anything due to Falcon. Falcon even making AA the best capital, simply by existing. Its really funny how it all works

Same thing happened with Jedi after all, before Bast and Revan, we all wanted a Jedi meta xD or for Jedi to do anything.

Man I miss ships before Falcon and Arena before Revan.