Finished Phoenix - What's next to stay top of Arena?!

Hey there!

After almost a year off, i wanted to come back to this hate-loved game of mine. But i dropped in arena so much, that i don't see any fun for me playing that old account any longer. So i'm starting over again, following (as i did last time) the pillar system from warrior (IMG HERE). Of course i will take my own routes here and there (like mod and ship farming), but my biggest question right now is, what to do after 'finishing' phoenix squad?!

Last year, after finishing PS and unlocking thrawn and emporer, i changed to a dark side team, because darth sion was released back then. My team back then was Emporer, Vader, Sion, Nihilus & Thrawn. But seeing that DN and DS are still one of the hardest toons to unlock, i dont think it's the best thing to do now. Jedis & Bountyhunters also got a rework since then, and personaly it looks like there a way better choices to make and farm faster and better for arena (and fleet). So, do you have any tips or personal advices to go for next? (:

Replies

• Bounty hunters are useful for TB and to get Chewie, and also Han’s Mil Falcon. I think the advice is to get a solid Empire squad so you can get R2, since he’s needed for Luke. I’m not big into arena so I can’t help much there.
  • It is an immense mistake to throw away the old account and go after everything again just by falling into the Arena. There is no way to reach the goal in good time before it falls again without spending a lot of money.

You can start going behind immediately behind the JKR and that should leverage you in a comfortable position in the arena. I recommend improving your ships and start getting crystals there with your stronger account.
  • I’d say either Palpatine-led Empire (need the Emperor & Thrawn, also Empire is needed for R2D2) or Revan-led Jedi (need Revan & Yoda).
  • Yesterday, I watched Warrior's Week 8 Scissorman video and this question came up. He said Empire and Jedi are the two best choices for what to switch to from Phoenix. Empire is very much event driven, as two of your main characters are going to come from Legendary events. For Jedi, you're already very late as Bastila Shan is what makes Jedi work and she's a Hard-node farm, but you've got two members of your team (Ezra, Kanan) well-developed.

Success at ships makes everything much easier. You could focus on that by farming KRU, Sabine, Ghost and Phantom II.
  • camper288 wrote: »
    It is an immense mistake to throw away the old account and go after everything again just by falling into the Arena. There is no way to reach the goal in good time before it falls again without spending a lot of money.

You can start going behind immediately behind the JKR and that should leverage you in a comfortable position in the arena. I recommend improving your ships and start getting crystals there with your stronger account.

I disagree completely. In an old shard, with a year off, OP will be lucky to ever crack top 100, which means fewer crystals for refreshes, ect and never getting 'ahead' of Whales, dolphins, or even other efficient F2P'rs who didn't take a year off. If OP restarts on a new shard knowing what they're doing and having a plan, they're likely to stay in the top 10 and enjoy the game a lot more as they build back up what they had, while trimming fat to do better in GA. I'd start over.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    camper288 wrote: »
    It is an immense mistake to throw away the old account and go after everything again just by falling into the Arena. There is no way to reach the goal in good time before it falls again without spending a lot of money.

I disagree completely. In an old shard, with a year off, OP will be lucky to ever crack top 100, which means fewer crystals for refreshes, ect and never getting 'ahead' of Whales, dolphins, or even other efficient F2P'rs who didn't take a year off. If OP restarts on a new shard knowing what they're doing and having a plan, they're likely to stay in the top 10 and enjoy the game a lot more as they build back up what they had, while trimming fat to do better in GA. I'd start over.

Can confirm. I came back after about a year off and ignored the advice to restart. I'm not salty about it or anything, but it wasn't until I got Jedi Revan on his 2nd pass (so pretty recently) that I started breaking top 100. I sometimes manage top 50 - I think I got top 20 once or twice - but that's basically the ceiling for me.

It's not actually the characters and gear that are the problem, it's mods. I quit right around the time mods were introduced, so I missed 95% of mods 1.0 - the slicing system was introduced shortly after I picked it back up. The reason I can't touch higher prize brackets is that everyone up there is running +120, +130, even +150 speed sets on their entire team. Meanwhile, if I cannibalize my entire roster I MIGHT be able to get ONE guy up to +120 or so, and that's crippling multiple other characters that I use on the regular. I just haven't been bashing my head against the massive RNG-fest that is speed mod farming long enough to have those kinds of speeds available.

On the flip side, ships didn't exist yet when I stopped playing, so I got placed into a new ship shard when I logged back in and went hard on that. I take #1 most days- sometimes I get unlucky and have to settle for 3rd or 4th. It's a way to get some crystals coming in, though, if squad is just not doable.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Level up towards those 7* Jedi while improving your FO toons
  • Definitely jedi, I started an alt a couple months ago. A year ago when those guides were made they did not take into account how much Bastila Shan would change the meta. Before people went from Phoenix to Empire/Sith. But now people are going from Phoenix to Bastila Shan led Jedi. She is a direct counter to palpatine so I would start farming your Jedi. Also be farming for Revan since he is great in every aspect of the game.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Phoenix, amazing starting team for everything. Unlocks Thrawn, Palp and gives 2/5 for GMY. (Sabine isn't worth farming | only used for ship)
    GMY, best jedi attacker.

Useful jedi to farm = (Bastila, Jolee, Old Ben, Mace (Ahoka & Anakin may be useful in the future.
    Nightsisters, the most useful team ever. (Beat DR teams pre malak) P3, P4 HSTR
    (Talzin, Daka, Asajj, Zombie)
    Talia - P4 HSTR
    Spirit - PVP
    Initiate - P3 HSTR
    JTR, CLS, decent arena and useful in P1, P3 of HSTR

Best JTR (Raid) - JTR, RS, BB8, R2, Resistance Pilot

Best CLS (PVP) - CLS, Raid Han, Chewie, R2, CP3O

Best CLS (Raid) - CLS, Han, Chewie, Pao, Death Trooper

These will also give you a decent FO & Empire team.

Empire - Palp, Vader, Thrawn, TFP, Tarkin (all useful empire) *Ships*

First Order - KRU, Phasma, Officer, (FO TFP, FO SF TFP, Kylo) (2 of those 3) (great FO team)
    Ewoks, for CP3O (Wicket, Elder, Logray, Paploo, Chirpa) (Ideal team)
    JKR, DR, Current meta, JKR is amazing for P2 HSTR, used to unlock Malak.
    BH, used for credit heist, training droids, Chewie, ****, P3 HSTR team, galactic bounties for rare shards. EX, Raid han? ROLO, IPD, Nest, ect. (Newest BH = Best BH) (Dengar useful too) (CAD, IG-88 useful for ships)

BH (Raid) (Need Aurra)

BH (PVP) Bossk or Jango lead (Defense / Offense)
    Each take 6 to 18 months to farm.

- Phoenix is the best team to start with
    - Revans are essential for end game
    - All heroes journey character's are useful
    - Nightsisters are amazing all around
    - Get Tarkin and dark side ships (Preferably BH) to start zeta farming from ability materials challenges