Resistance trooper worth it?

Is resistance trooper still needed? I’m building out my raid squads and wondered if he’s still key?

Since Finns nerf is there any point?

Replies

• He's a good toon, but shouldn't be your priority
  • Not anymore. Finn will replace resistance trooper in most resistance teams now
  • Not anymore. Finn will replace resistance trooper in most resistance teams now

Sweet thanks, saves me a farm.
  • I still like resistance trooper over rey in a jtr on team plus resistance trooper can dispel buffs with his special
  • Javick_Starage
    502 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    James2088 wrote: »
    He’s worth it for a good JTR team, I run JTR, BB8, Holdo, RT and now Finn, this saves my R2 for CLS. It’s an excellent team. Works well in Grand Arena/TW/TB. He’s also great for Sith Raid and can be part of a solo HAAT team. He might be handy for whatever episode 9 stuff comes out too. That’s a lot of reasons to invest in him

Depends if he’s worth it though? I already have Finn, scav Rey at g10 7 stars.

I was thinking out running the following for P1 sith:

JTR, BB8, Finn, scavenger Rey, R2

Resistance trooper seems to be a pain to farm and gear. I don’t like resistance as a faction but forcing myself to farm them for the raid only.

Personally I think there’s other farms more vital I still need murder bears, nihlus and sion
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    He’s worth it for a good JTR team, I run JTR, BB8, Holdo, RT and now Finn, this saves my R2 for CLS. It’s an excellent team. Works well in Grand Arena/TW/TB. He’s also great for Sith Raid and can be part of a solo HAAT team. He might be handy for whatever episode 9 stuff comes out too. That’s a lot of reasons to invest in him

Depends if he’s worth it though?

Resistance trooper seems to be a pain to farm and gear. I don’t like resistance as a faction but forcing myself to farm them for the raid only.

In that team, he's probably a better choice than scav Rey.
  • Nauros wrote: »

How much we talking? Res trooper is probably another 200 shards of farming and gear.

I’d opt to avoid it unless the damage output is significantly better.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

How much we talking? Res trooper is probably another 200 shards of farming and gear.

I’d opt to avoid it unless the damage output is significantly better.

Dunno, I'm running JTR, BB8, R2, 3PO, RT myself, but if you are that far away, it's probably not really worth it.
  • Resistance trooper seems to be a pain to farm and gear.

He’s pretty easy to gear. Doesn’t require any stun guns, carbantis, or biotech implants until g11.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member

RTrooper is better than Scav Rey for that team. Scav hits hard, but her multi-hit attack feeds Nihilus a buttload of turn meter. Trooper also doesn't need any speed mods at all, which is nice.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Yes you replace scav Rey with Finn. He's still a core damage dealer for raid teams.
  • My guildies are all running C3PO in their phase 1 teams. That puts scavenger Rey out and having to decide between RT or Finn.

So I think getting Care Bears up prior to deciding whether or not investing in RT is the smart move.
  • Just adding to what everyone else says. He's good, but if you're going for a p1 hstr team you'll want c3po instead. It's good to have RT for TW when you'll probably run R2 with a CLS team and he is easy to take to g11 (I don't even remember gearing him, it felt like I just had him at g11 one day). But for raids, I'd say stick with JTR, Finn, bb8, R2, and 3PO. The ewoks require a lot of time and gear to get them to 7* 3po level so work on them hard so you can get him when he comes back in June!

BUT, if you're definitely not going to get the ewoks ready by June/July in time for 3po, RT is much better than Scav Rey for hstr. He gets lots of tm and does the bulk of the damage for your team as a result, so you're better off getting him in that team w/o 3po.