Add Some New Characters to Arena and GW Shipments! (Merged threads)

13Next

Replies

• Skye wrote: »
    Well in answer to the OP.. they kinda have added a new character to the Arena and GW shipments! It's called General Grevious!

Think about it! if you wondering "what the heck!?" >:)

Added to the arena? The arena has been the same thing for months
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Skye wrote: »
    Well in answer to the OP.. they kinda have added a new character to the Arena and GW shipments! It's called General Grevious!

Think about it! if you wondering "what the heck!?" >:)

Added to the arena? The arena has been the same thing for months

Added to the arena 'indirectly'
  • İ dont aggree because i couldnt make best arena gw and cantina characters 7star in 3 months look like i need extra 3 months to make useable character 7 star
  • Yea arena has been the same dude. U mean they add one char per month. But leave shards questionable for future. I realize they put QJ but dude we have enough Jedi. They have Yoda and 10 different ways to collect Barris shards. I find it ridiculous that they put off the sith this long. I've had my sith team since I've started. It will become complete once maul is farmable
  • Lobot will be awesome
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    They cant add current teams to the shipments because it would be horrendously unfair to anybody who has spent time and res on getting the shards through other means.

If they add to the shipments they'll have to be new toons or else half the players will quit. You have any idea how much I've put in to get a 5* EE? And how much that would be wasted if they suddenly added him into shipments.
  • Algren wrote: »
    They cant add current teams to the shipments because it would be horrendously unfair to anybody who has spent time and res on getting the shards through other means.

If they add to the shipments they'll have to be new toons or else half the players will quit. You have any idea how much I've put in to get a 5* EE? And how much that would be wasted if they suddenly added him into shipments.

They have been the same since last year. I think it's time for a change. Btw it would be better on Ur part if they did add to shipments. then u can promote him in no time.
  • To be fair, we need a lot more farmable toons than that to keep things interesting. I'd add like 10 more choices to each Arena honestly.

An even better choice would be if they made these Arenas like the Shard shop whereas players would win Squad Arena, Galactic War, etc. and receive Arena tokens they could use in the Arena shop to buy farmable toons with. The shard shop should only carry Chromium level exclusives and other non-farmable toons, instead of this disjointed separation of Arenas and tokens....
  • I vote for lobot
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    slmcmr wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Before you knock down the soldier, at lvl 80 he'll taunt with 25k health and 40% counter chance.

With 98 speed? I don't think so.

... What? Like what?
    {RotE}
  • GW is the real problem here when it comes to farmable choices. Right now I'm farming Resistance Pilot out of desperation, thinking about Tuskan Raider next if they don't fix things, then it's Teebo for God sakes. They need some options here desperately....
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    you guys really fail to see the potential and the fun in existing units. it's not because you dont see them in arena and that they can't reliably beat the meta easily that they suck and om*g change shipments. Teebo is amazing. Resistance Pilot as well. they simply cannot do VERY well on their own vs an entire team of ultra speedy/high damage units. I do not use my arena team in GW and I'm doing just fine with some unpopular GW/arena characters.

I'd rather see new units like magmatrooper added to shipments, than existing/farmable ones from nodes in there. Agree that seeing EE in shipments would **** a lot of people off.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Shanks
    131 posts Member
    dtmike1 wrote: »
    Grrrr I've been grinding for Anakin. Just got him to five star... Woohoo! However I paid for him and Qui-Gon a month or so ago... I just want him farmable. Six possible pulls a day right now and I'm lucky to get one. Sure I know their is a third location if I can ever get to 7 hard on the dark side. I like what he has to offer and am dying to get him maxed and added to my PvP team. It's just looking like 6 months before I can get the 185 shards I need at 1 per day.

Now if he stinks, and I've been grinding for nothing or he gets nerfed five minutes after I get him to seven star I may sue ea for a new tablet because I may throw mine off the balcony at my apartment lol...

+1 ill be able max him before next yoda event if they do this :smile:
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Grrrr I've been grinding for Anakin. Just got him to five star... Woohoo! However I paid for him and Qui-Gon a month or so ago... I just want him farmable. Six possible pulls a day right now and I'm lucky to get one. Sure I know their is a third location if I can ever get to 7 hard on the dark side. I like what he has to offer and am dying to get him maxed and added to my PvP team. It's just looking like 6 months before I can get the 185 shards I need at 1 per day.

Now if he stinks, and I've been grinding for nothing or he gets nerfed five minutes after I get him to seven star I may sue ea for a new tablet because I may throw mine off the balcony at my apartment lol...

If you have 2 locations unlocked, it's average 2 shards/ day (drop rate is 1/3 for every hard node and cantina) - so not 185 days but actually 92-93.
    With 3 nodes, you are looking at 2 months.
    You should unlock the final dark side mission. For me - phasma, sidious, talia, daka, dooku and a borrowed asajj got me 3 stars. No need for ressurects, as long as you save the stuns for Kit Fisto. Chars between 6 and 7 stars, all maxed (excluding the 50 / gear slots, which i refuse to grind atm).
    Daka and Dooku are very important for that mission, stunning Kit Fisto is essencial.
    I don't think they will make Anakin easy to farm anytime soon. There's a reason he's not in bronzium packs. If anything i expect to see Ima-Gun Di or Ewok Elder before him.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Fantazy wrote: »
    you guys really fail to see the potential and the fun in existing units. it's not because you dont see them in arena and that they can't reliably beat the meta easily that they suck and om*g change shipments. Teebo is amazing. Resistance Pilot as well. they simply cannot do VERY well on their own vs an entire team of ultra speedy/high damage units. I do not use my arena team in GW and I'm doing just fine with some unpopular GW/arena characters.

I'd rather see new units like magmatrooper added to shipments, than existing/farmable ones from nodes in there. Agree that seeing EE in shipments would **** a lot of people off.

We have a lack of game content. Where should we use all of the characters? Even GW you can beat with 7-8 of the right characters.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • I don't think they should remove anyone from any Arena, just in case people are farming but certainly add more options to both of these Arena. In my view, I feel like every farmable character should be available in some shipment, that means characters like Dooku, Kylo, Rey and others should be available to farm using Arena tokens from any given Arena challenge....
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Before you knock down the soldier, at lvl 80 he'll taunt with 25k health and 40% counter chance.

With 98 speed? I don't think so.

... What? Like what?

He is too slow to taunt. By the time he taunts his team will have lost 2-3 toon.
  • When they release more Tuskens and Ewoks (as the dataminers have shown will happen eventually), some of you guys will look like fools and scramble to level up the Tusken Raider and Teebo. Plan ahead.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I thought I was the only one who wanted Res Trooper

While the Res team has no speed leader, a team of Rey, Poe, RT, RP and Mace has some serious expose synergies and damage
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Savage is a pretty decent hero (Sith attacker). I'm a couple of days from getting him to 7* (4900pwr) and have his gear maxed to what the cap allows. Loads of health, decent primary attack damage (with 10% health steal) which also gets 50% stronger if he takes damage, and a devastating special attack which I used to 1-shot or redline low health annoyances like Dooku, IG88, and Rey and take out beaten-down tanks/bosses when they drop below 25% health.

But more than that, he's fun to play.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Anakin has 3 hard modes and shouldn't be moved to cantina, gw, or arena shipments. I'd much rather see IGD, ewok scout, fost, etc get additional farming options.
  • DaysOfYore wrote: »
    When they release more Tuskens and Ewoks (as the dataminers have shown will happen eventually), some of you guys will look like fools and scramble to level up the Tusken Raider and Teebo. Plan ahead.

Star wars galaxy of c list characters
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Heads up: I merged the 5 new threads about this. Please try not to make duplicate threads about the same topic. :)
  • DaysOfYore wrote: »
    When they release more Tuskens and Ewoks (as the dataminers have shown will happen eventually), some of you guys will look like fools and scramble to level up the Tusken Raider and Teebo. Plan ahead.

Now look at the tomorrow's release notes. Ewok Chief Chirpa. Bam, called it.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Yarzahn wrote: »

If you have 2 locations unlocked, it's average 2 shards/ day (drop rate is 1/3 for every hard node and cantina) - so not 185 days but actually 92-93.
    With 3 nodes, you are looking at 2 months.
    You should unlock the final dark side mission. For me - phasma, sidious, talia, daka, dooku and a borrowed asajj got me 3 stars. No need for ressurects, as long as you save the stuns for Kit Fisto. Chars between 6 and 7 stars, all maxed (excluding the 50 / gear slots, which i refuse to grind atm).
    Daka and Dooku are very important for that mission, stunning Kit Fisto is essencial.
    I don't think they will make Anakin easy to farm anytime soon. There's a reason he's not in bronzium packs. If anything i expect to see Ima-Gun Di or Ewok Elder before him.

Their have been many days I haven't gotten a single shard from either location. So I'm predicting fall before I actually have him maxed out. By then I am sure their will be some cooler Jedi released that I will want more. LOL