Please Bring Back Hard GW

Tomaj
41 posts Member
I feel like having GW both easy and simmable is unnecessary. Most people wanted the difficulty reduced so they could auto it and it would go faster. With sim it's been made faster. The other people who wanted the difficulty reduced are new players; to them I say if you want to conquer GW, earn it.

Now we have the people who want the original difficult GW for this very important reason: to test their squad compositions.

There are few good places to test squads, except places where you want to be ready for before going into ie arena, (ga, tw especially because you only get one shot per squad on offense) and of course my favorite, cantina modes and light dark nodes (lol right?).

Replies

• Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I agree a thousand times over. GW is my favorite part of the game, now that its simmable they should make it longer and more difficult to beat so the people that actually want to use their squads and try out different teams can do so, and the people who dont want to can sim. Making it simmable and stupid easy is pointless.

I'd also love another mode like GW, give us more stuff to do with all our squads!!!

• Spoken like someone who's been at 85 for a long time.

GW is easy if you're throwing 7* 85 maxed toons at it - sure. Heck JKR alone can solo most nodes.

But ask any player still in the early stages if it's too easy - watch them deplete their entire roster on a single zeta KRU.

You can still use it to test squads - I do it regularly. I am just testing them while they are still in development - not once everyone is g12. By then, what are you testing? You've already invested in the toons.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Careful ... If you get your wish, they would probably remove the sim option as well as making it extremely hard. Then it would be a massive chore again.
    I would like it to be what you are asking for, but the experience has been that most changes come with unfavorable consequences.
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    Spoken like someone who's been at 85 for a long time.

GW is easy if you're throwing 7* 85 maxed toons at it - sure. Heck JKR alone can solo most nodes.

But ask any player still in the early stages if it's too easy - watch them deplete their entire roster on a single zeta KRU.

You can still use it to test squads - I do it regularly. I am just testing them while they are still in development - not once everyone is g12. By then, what are you testing? You've already invested in the toons.

I'm speaking as someone who had to beat GW 150 times to unlock sim mode, and that was before the difficulty was reduced. It was hard, yes, but with strategy it was no problem. So you get no tears for the noobs from me.

I'm constantly testing new toons, as I'm sure almost everyone is. Between reworks, newly farmed toons and new releases the testing never ends.

In order to reach even the possibility of fighting a decently geared meta team in GW, you must first cut through 10 g8 teams which is a pure waste of time. The final 2 teams you hope are at least g11 and not a mix of Lumi, Ashoka and friends. Testing in GW before the difficulty was reduced was perfect. There was always a slew of good competition to go up against.

If we were to compromise, I'd say lower the required 150 GW victories it takes to unlock the sim option so newer players can get through it faster to say 20 (just a random number, that is up for debate too) and raise the difficulty again so all players have a decent version of a sandbox mode to play with.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    It’s only easy because you’ve beaten it so often that you’ve exhausted its usefulness.

Keep it simmable. I like the extra half hour of free time it gives.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    It’s only easy because you’ve beaten it so often that you’ve exhausted its usefulness.

Keep it simmable. I like the extra half hour of free time it gives.

This is not about whether it should be simmable or not. I think we can all agree that we all want that to stay.

And I disagree with your first sentiment. It's not "only easy because I've beaten it so many times that I've exhausted its usefulness", which by the way I'm not even really sure what you mean by that. It's literally too easy because 10/12 squads are between g6-g8 and the final 2 squads are g9-g11 with usually terrible synergy.

I dont believe there has been a single team I've ran into since the difficulty reduction that couldn't be solo'ed by a zylo. Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.
  • I do not miss the days of the galactic chore, it never mattered how high geared and how i modded, most of the time I never made it past node 6, its was absolutely ridiculous how hard it was, and at that time credits definitely weren't in over abundance so I could only do so much mod movement, still even with zetas I just couldn't beat it. And yes the whole time u had this problem I was level 85.
  • Put something new in there and increase the payout and I’m all for it. If it’s going to be as difficult as it was give some incentive to do it.

As for testing the composition of your team , let me help you, do you have either Revan? Yes? You’re good. No? Your team sucks lol.

That’s a huge complaint with me and the make of the game would do well to listen, they spend too much time making certain toons way way OP. People farm for months , gear for months and cannot use the toons they farm, save for maybe one specific spot.