Malak event was too hard

2Next

Replies

• Monel wrote: »
    Wins:
    Event was tough
    GP needed was exciting not requiring a ton of rng(definitely some) but mostly skill and strategy.

Losses:
    2 day notice
    Only 5 stars, toughest requirements ever and only get a 5 star character.

This perfectly summed it up. As far as gameplay, this was by far the best event we’ve had, particularly the LS version. Almost every event I’ve ever played is either a) I’m underpowered and trying 1000 times for perfect RNG or b) I just hit auto and collect my rewards. They are never any fun, outside of having a shiny new character.

This one was completely different. It took strategy and a 10 minute battle to beat Revan. Getting him was exhilarating without needing hours of frustrating tries.
  • SirOberon wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »

Higher gear and better strategy makes the event less RNG dependent.

I think too many forget that part.

Less is subjective. Sure it makes some difference, but I've heard from too many with maxed out OR who still spent hours to beat it. Less RNG also doesn't mean it isn't just tedious for the sake of being tedious. It certainly doesn't mean it is somehow difficult.

If you had maxed out toons and it took hours then you weren’t playing it properly. It took me 2 failures before I figured out the strategy. After that I unlocked him on my next try, and later won 2 more times in 2 tries just because it was a fun battle. I feel confident my win rate would be near 100% if I would have played it 300 times instead. It didn’t require good RNG with maxed out toons and half decent mods.