The never ending grind... To Revan Or Not TO Revan ... oh and JTR

Hello there...
Ive started to get grind fatigue...

Every other month we need to grind another character and now malaks here and i havnt even begun to grind either of the Revans and im thinking shall i bother??

The next meta will be here in a month or 2 so shall i wait for that and save up my f2p crystals while just gearing up the teams i already have?

Ive got a palp team at g12 with most zetas and a zzBossk team at g12 with all bar Greedos zeta. Im thinking along the lines of gearing up my other teams (Pheonix, CLS rHan, OT Chewie, murder bears, FO and the sisters).

My thinking is i can have 7 high end teams for GA and get the good resources from that. I sit around 400-500 on the Arena getting my 60 gems a day and cant see a drop to 200 anytime soon. I also place between 2nd and 10th on fleet.

Is this a good plan to help over come grind fatigue or am i wasting resources that i could place in better areas?

Oh JTR i haven't started her grind either haha.

As always TIA!

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the grunge fest

*plays nirvana*
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Literally just get comfortable with getting toons the 2nd or third time. Dont sweat it, and always have a side project of a 'fun' farm for someone you want to. Sometimes its pays off. I just like scoundrels and BH and decided to farm them after Solo. I ended up getting Chewie first time just by dumb luck and ended up with a premire Qira/Vandor defensive team that I still run in arena. I did decide to farm Revan and still dont use him in arena because the team is just boring to me. Top 75-150 is fine with me.

I'm currently farming Sith ships and pilots for fun and will change my fleet to them eventually. Farming up the last few shards for Darth Revan team, but I probably won't use him in arena either.

All that being said - you should farm all premium characters like JTR, Revan, Chewie, 3p0, etc. They are needed to progress in the game. Just dont burn yourself out doing it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Also - as your GP goes up you will need more than 7 good teams. I'm currently needing 10-12 on the big GA maps. More if I brain-fart on an attack.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    There’s certainly nothing ‘wrong’ with skipping metas. Play your own game. Don’t succumb to the pressure of needing the latest new shiny character. It’s a game. It should be fun, not stressful.
  • Options
    Yeah, in the end you need your teams to be what you want.

I have the most inferior Ewok team but I love seeing scout assist with his consistent crit. 13000 HP usually.

I took 2 years off and have some old bad toons. Over the past 2 nights I modded this GMY team to be average speed, tons of tenacity, as offense crit as I can get them. In PVE without GMY's tenacity up they do not get debuffed. It's a strategy for 1 defensive team I have for GA. If someone is going to beat it they are going to have to use 1 of their useful teams.

http://swgoh.gg/squads/151812/

My NS team sucks too
    http://swgoh.gg/squads/151846/
    but someone saw them in TW last week and on our NS node this was 1 of the few that had 2 battles against it. Everyone brought their best against the Talzin zombie teams and someone thought they could win with a scrub team cause of the bad stars on my Initiate and Acolyte. I will mod them all at 200 speed again soon.

Modding thoughtful teams is where the fun is.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Also - as your GP goes up you will need more than 7 good teams. I'm currently needing 10-12 on the big GA maps. More if I brain-fart on an attack.

Just stop brain farting and you'll be fine.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Just stop brain farting and you'll be fine.

That's like asking me to stop breathing or eating!