Read This Before Complaining

2Next

Replies

• Don't want others to put words into your mouth but don't want to clarify for all those who have misunderstood lol glad you cleared that up lol
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Getting back to the OP since this has devolved into a goofy argument about semantics:

This is an excellent post, and the people who need to read and understand it will most likely ignore it entirely and keep frothing at the mouth about "balance" and "rock paper scissors" and a bunch of other crap that doesn't matter.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Don't want others to put words into your mouth but don't want to clarify for all those who have misunderstood lol glad you cleared that up lol

What exactly do you want me to clarify? Or who misunderstood what i said for that matter? Maybe some people's imagination goes wild and read into things, but that's not really my problem.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    I swear to god if this petty back and forth doesnt stop I will do nothing
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I absolutely get it. I do think it is worth pointing out though that the recent "Road Ahead" post laying out a "plan" for "variety" and a "balanced meta" is a new low - even for CG. To release a rework 5 days later that is in direct opposition to those statements constitutes an outright lie.

Just to play Devils Advocate; one could argue that they do have plans for variety and a balanced meta but those toons that create the balanced meta are all going to be locked behind a paywall ;) So now we have the Revan Bros that are 2 of the 3 from rock paper scissors, watch the next paywall toon be the third. Then the next will cycle out the oldest one of the three and so on and so forth...

Not saying I like that model but it doesn't necessarily mean they are lying. They just don't want Palp to be one part of the three pronged meta because you easily unlock him without spending anything and also get Thrawn with the same faction farm. No money in it.

That said; I agree with the rest of your post very much.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I absolutely get it. I do think it is worth pointing out though that the recent "Road Ahead" post laying out a "plan" for "variety" and a "balanced meta" is a new low - even for CG. To release a rework 5 days later that is in direct opposition to those statements constitutes an outright lie.

The biggest low so far is blatantly manipulating gameplay footage to get us into believing that the new shiny thing works as shown in the videos. I investigated the GG vs CLS footage just to find out that Chewie was not dealing his max HP bonus dmg. Now with Grievous being highly focused on having a large health pool in order to raise up his dmg I'll let everyone draw his/her conlcusion.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196267/gg-vs-cls-chewie-chewies-bonus-damage-missing#latest
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nothingface
    651 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    To the best of my knowledge, CG is down in profits compared to LY. This shows they have yet to release their "big gun" this year.
    I'd be very interested to see the true revenue Malak brought to the game. My guess is that it isn't initially very much most got him without EXTRA spending after DR.
    This leads me to believe this is a set up for future spending. Everyone knows they now have to have both revans and malak inside of three months to stay viable. This is completely reasonable to obtain given the current resource income.
    However, a ton of effort has been made to make sure it exhausts both current resources and likely, most available resources gained over the next 2 months (think GEC, 5 sim nodes, max gear on 8 characters.)
    And this is where the big money comes in. The next release will be expensive, ptp exclusive. It will require multiple currency routes to enable effective play.
    I can't garauntee what it will be- but I expect they went through a great deal of effort to sell as expecting to make up their massive profit losses for the year.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    That post didn't change my opinion at all. I knew all that already. Of course they're doing what they think will bring in the most money. However, their analytics are likely for short-term gain, which is EA's whole mindset. My complaints are based on what they're doing to the long-term viability of the game.