Supposed "Reworks" on characters will be FTP?

So there has been a ton of discussion over CG being sneaky with their events and pulling cheap counters (that Malak re-work was the most Palp obvious change in history) and it makes me think whether these so called "re-works" (in the road ahead) will be on easy to farm characters, whether they are changed to arena viable or simply a fun raid/TW/GA squad or characters which are already hoarded, but take time to acquire, such as 20 hard node farms.

Basically, will the shipments still be pretty dead but a few more longer farms will be more benefiting, or will they change around shipment farms too.

P.S. I'm not complaining about any FTP/PTP rubbish just curious, as I remember how good it was getting a nice easy shipments farm.

Replies

• Kalano
    415 posts Member
    How do you define „easy to farm chars for f2p“ regarding reworks? As that will be chars which were ingame for a long time, veterans will have them already. Even if f2p. Easy to farm for newer vs veteran players is more reasonable than f2p vs p2p players in this regard imo
  • New characters might not be, but reworks in theory will. Do you consider a rework on a character that no one has geared as ftp? Because whales will gear them fast while ftp will take their time. AS EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME. So why start complaining now?
  • And most reworks are not meta defining so they will probably be about the same as gg while dr/jkr still dominates arena thats just how it will probably be im not expecting another meta lvl toon till about nov being an ep 9 toon
  • The most likely scenario is that you'll need at least one or two new characters to get the most of the reworked toons.
    Like with the announced rework of Ahsoka, JKA and GK, don't expect them to run smoothly with Mace (just an example), but rather a new legendary or marquee toon that only really works at 7*.
  • The most likely scenario is that you'll need at least one or two new characters to get the most of the reworked toons.
    Like with the announced rework of Ahsoka, JKA and GK, don't expect them to run smoothly with Mace (just an example), but rather a new legendary or marquee toon that only really works at 7*.

Yea thats normally how most of there reworks go
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The most likely scenario is that you'll need at least one or two new characters to get the most of the reworked toons.

It might actually not be the case this time, unless I am mistaken, it was stated that they will be reworked to get better synergy together. That said, seeing how "friendly" they are towards ftp characters placing well in arena, I expect the rework to be underwhelming. GG level or worse.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    The most likely scenario is that you'll need at least one or two new characters to get the most of the reworked toons.

It might actually not be the case this time, unless I am mistaken, it was stated that they will be reworked to get better synergy together. That said, seeing how "friendly" they are towards ftp characters placing well in arena, I expect the rework to be underwhelming. GG level or worse.

Thats also my take. Rework doesnt necessarily mean op.
    Still, given how ridiculous JKR's lead is, probably a team of jkr, gmy, gk, tano, jka will be strong, at least on offense.

Yea didnt mean that with new toons they will be meta lvl but definitely gg level or lower though
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nauros wrote: »

Then - You are running the chance you won't get Malak. What I mean is... you can take this pessimistic approach, and assume the re-work will not be good. And you can site all your evidence of previous re-works. And I think you are going to be left wishing you hand't and then again you will curse the game.

What I mean is... General Kenobi is one of the starlets of this game. A Raid reward. A powerful character. But, he has NO ZETA. Yeah, look at that. Kenobi with no Zeta. Hey let's look at the hero of the Clone Wars. Anakin. He too, has no Zeta. Now, you are more than welcomed, in fact, dare I say entitled to act sheepish about new re-works. But if you can't see this coming down the pipe, then you may be sorely reflecting back on your lack of foresight.

But not leaning towards hope, and not grinding, you run the risk of missing out on some possibly really good re-works. My guess is they're going to add Zetas and a Zeta on Kenobi is going to be fun.

This is all speculation. Hey I might be the one who gears up and saves up zetas for some garbage re-worked jedi. But then again, I'd rather run that risk than miss out on a Malak.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Then - You are running the chance you get Malak. What I mean is... you can take this pessimistic approach, and assume the re-work will not be good. And you can site all your evidence of previous re-works. And I think you are going to be left wishing you hand't and then again you will curse the game.

What I mean is... General Kenobi is one of the starlets of this game. A Raid reward. A powerful character. But, he has NO ZETA. Yeah, look at that. Kenobi with no Zeta. Hey let's look at the hero of the Clone Wars. Anakin. He too, has no Zeta. Now, you are more than welcomed, in fact, dare I say entitled to act sheepish about new re-works. But if you can't see this coming down the pipe, then you may be sorely reflecting back on your lack of foresight.

But not leaning towards hope, and not grinding, you run the risk of missing out on some possibly really good re-works. My guess is they're going to add Zetas and a Zeta on Kenobi is going to be fun.

This is all speculation. Hey I might be the one who gears up and saves up zetas for some garbage re-worked jedi. But then again, I'd rather run that risk than miss out on a Malak.

Check my roster, nick is the same. You are way off in your whole comment, I am ready for the rework, just not expecting anything meta-defining. A zeta doesn't guarantee a place in the meta (although GK will probably stay on JKR teams), especially if it's more narrow, like on GK's lead caring about Republic or a direct synergy with the rest of the trio.

Then - You are running the chance you get Malak. What I mean is... you can take this pessimistic approach, and assume the re-work will not be good. And you can site all your evidence of previous re-works. And I think you are going to be left wishing you hand't and then again you will curse the game.

Check my roster, nick is the same. You are way off in your whole comment, I am ready for the rework, just not expecting anything meta-defining. A zeta doesn't guarantee a place in the meta (although GK will probably stay on JKR teams), especially if it's more narrow, like on GK's lead caring about Republic or a direct synergy with the rest of the trio.

How am I off? Sorry - I think I understood your post as to questioning the spending of resources and or hording of resources for re-worked characters who you think won't be worth the resources because their previous re-works have left you feeling they're underwhelming? Am I off? If so, then yes, I probably misse dyour point. If no, then I'd say I hit the nail on the head.

You don't know what their re-work is going to entail. You're assuming the worst. I'm syaing go ahead, I'll assume the best.
  • I expect and hope they will make Galactic Republic or at least Ani, Ahsoka, and the other "easy" GR jedi into a sort of entry level/second tier squad like Phoenix is now, but with possibilities of expanding their power and utility once Yoda and GK is unlocked and so on. Mace Windu is also almost guaranteed to get the rework treatment and should end up with a great leader ability, meaning that between the characters being reworked we are almost certain to end up with 2-3 new fun(hopefully) leader abilities to build our GR squads around. Oh and then there's the clones, that could be fun.

Galactic Republic will DEFINITELY not be meta-breakers like JKR and Malak, I would expect something along the lines of the Grievous rework, only more accessible. Powerful, interesting and fun, but only able to challenge JKR/DR with serious investment and/or effort. That is of course until either GR or Seperatists get a new legendary or journey character, at which point they may very well come to define the meta.

Either way I'm looking forward to it. Expectations are high, after all these are some very iconic characters. But then, contrary to what a lot of people here on the forums seem to think, the guys at CG are awesome at what they do(in fact the Seperatist rework only serves to prove that), and they care deeply for Star Wars. Just don't expect a free-of-charge hydrogen bomb to drop on your shard's Revans.
  • I expect and hope they will make Galactic Republic or at least Ani, Ahsoka, and the other "easy" GR jedi into a sort of entry level/second tier squad like Phoenix is now, but with possibilities of expanding their power and utility once Yoda and GK is unlocked and so on. Mace Windu is also almost guaranteed to get the rework treatment and should end up with a great leader ability, meaning that between the characters being reworked we are almost certain to end up with 2-3 new fun(hopefully) leader abilities to build our GR squads around. Oh and then there's the clones, that could be fun.

Galactic Republic will DEFINITELY not be meta-breakers like JKR and Malak, I would expect something along the lines of the Grievous rework, only more accessible. Powerful, interesting and fun, but only able to challenge JKR/DR with serious investment and/or effort. That is of course until either GR or Seperatists get a new legendary or journey character, at which point they may very well come to define the meta.

Either way I'm looking forward to it. Expectations are high, after all these are some very iconic characters. But then, contrary to what a lot of people here on the forums seem to think, the guys at CG are awesome at what they do(in fact the Seperatist rework only serves to prove that), and they care deeply for Star Wars. Just don't expect a free-of-charge hydrogen bomb to drop on your shard's Revans.

I agree with you on almost everything except one thing....

They are releasing a new Clone Wars season. A final season. Ahsoka has long been a fan favorite. The trailer for the new season had her as the big reveal.

Here is what I'm thinking down the road. A Clone Troopers re-work, an event requiring Ahsoka Fulcrum and Clones. To unlock a meta type character. Possibly a new version of Ahsoka. A new Mandalorian (most likely the one in the trailer).
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Well, yes. I expect some easy to farm characters will be reworked. If only because, as cynical as CG can be nowadays, they have to throw us a bone from time to time. Those characters won’t be game breaking characters, most probably decent ones you ca put to good use in GA or TW. They won’t get you Padme or Sith Anakin though, we are way beyond F2P friendly legendary or journey like events by now.
  • Yes, the reworks will be F2P... but to make the team trully work we'll need an extra one or two new characters that somehow will be hard to acquire
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

How am I off? Sorry - I think I understood your post as to questioning the spending of resources and or hording of resources for re-worked characters who you think won't be worth the resources because their previous re-works have left you feeling they're underwhelming? Am I off? If so, then yes, I probably misse dyour point. If no, then I'd say I hit the nail on the head.

You don't know what their re-work is going to entail. You're assuming the worst. I'm syaing go ahead, I'll assume the best.

Just setting my expectations according to past experience and the current direction of the game. If they go out of their way to shoot down one ftp countermeta, they aren't going to introduce another one soon after, though the reworked characters might still find their use in PvE or as a GA team. And as for investing resources, I suggest hoarding and waiting till the rework is out in the wild, that's generally the best approach.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah GMY got a rework and now fits with Revan. Hoping Ki Adi Mundi and Maybe Quinlan Vos will be at least new Jedi added.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I suspect a soon rework of Clones followed by new LS/DS content. There’s a new squad of troopers coming soon too, I imagine - if anyone’s familiar with the sketch episodes that were never released, the squad leader of the Bad Batch could be seen in the first teaser trailer for the new season. It’s hard to imagine there won’t be a whole bunch of hype around these new guys, both in the show and in the game.

Someone mentioned already, we’re probably looking at an IT/NS/Ewok/Phoenix/OR/smuggler level of a synergized team. Time will tell if CG/EA learned their lesson on methods of releasing new content. Quite possible that we may divert back to Marquee events.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne