Clarification Requested: Sith Assassin

With the new upcoming Malak changes - "passive turnmeter" on opposing Sith characters will be made irrelevant.

Is Sith Assassin's "Dark Shroud" ability considered "passive turnmeter"? The description says "Sith allies gain 12% turn meter for each buff on her". My understanding was that passive turnmeter was something that resulted from an indirect proc off of a leadership or a unique. An ability that specifically grants turn meter (i.e. this one, or Rex's Squad Discipline) doesn't seem to fall under that definition of "passive".

Granted, I don't know the definitions and I'm going off of what logic tells me fits - but that seems right, correct?

If it's not - then Sith Assassin serves no real purpose in the game (the Dark Shroud ability is what she is toned to use with the AI when available and is her key defining feature in any team she's featured in). I believe she would need a look at retooling her kit a bit, and perhaps giving the people who brought her to max gear a gear refund on her.

Can @CG_SBCrumb gives us a bit of a clarification on this?

Replies

• BTW - before anyone comes in and says I'm whining because I want gear on my Sith Assassin back - that's not the case. I have her maxed, yes - but I also run her with a 7* g12+5 Malak - so this is simply a clarification as to how Sith Assassin fits on teams now that she (seemingly inadvertently) no longer has a purpose after this nerf.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    They can't get any bonus TM, that includes the assassin.
  • Also, ironically, I brought this up with @CG_SBCrumb during celebration stating that this finally gives Sith Assassin some time in the arena meta that she hasn't had since the zeta Maul days and he laughed about it. It's hilarious that this changes literally a day later. lol
  • Heh.. she had her two weeks in the limelight. 😂
  • That's what I'd like to know.

Are the newly classed as sith empire characters meant to be made pointless already or was this an over-sight (one of a long list of things missed by the dev team).

If this change was intended 100% to stop zPalp being competitive & not around other characters then the implementation was flawed.

If this was because they didn't want any turn meter gain mechanics to work with Malak then it's working as intended.

This is bad for Malak users even, as it means now they can't use Sith As/Maruader to a lesser degree with Malak because in mirror matches they will get stomped due to them not working as previously thoughts.

I'm not sure which is better,

Intentionally gutting two characters they literally just gave the sith empire tag so they can work on the team after we've all just geared them.

Or...

They rushed a change to nerf zPalp & didn't even have the brains to consider the wider impact.
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    Also, ironically, I brought this up with @CG_SBCrumb during celebration stating that this finally gives Sith Assassin some time in the arena meta that she hasn't had since the zeta Maul days and he laughed about it. It's hilarious that this changes literally a day later. lol

I think this post is important for observers of what's happening in the game.

• If they changed the ability to state “ Sith enemies can’t gain PASSIVE bonus turn meter” this would fix the Sith Assassin issue. Her turn meter is granted through an ability. It would still shut down Marauder, Zaul, and EP but at least she would would still function.
  • SAss is still a viable option. Not against Malak mirrors, but other teams, like JKR or Malakless DRs.

Similar to HK. HK is perfect against Jkr, but mediocre against others.

Marauder is mediocre against everything.

SiT provides a much needed pre taunt, but then becomes pretty bad. His massive defense/tenacity is quickly nullified by the ferocities.

So thats DR + Badstilla + Malak for sure, plus pick 2 of the above 4.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    If they changed the ability to state “ Sith enemies can’t gain PASSIVE bonus turn meter” this would fix the Sith Assassin issue. Her turn meter is granted through an ability. It would still shut down Marauder, Zaul, and EP but at least she would would still function.

This is exactly how they should handle this situation.

@CG_SBCrumb any chance of revising the ability to work in this manner instead?
  • It will change Sith Assassin, Sith Marauder, and Darth Nihilus
  • I personally took SA from g10 to g12 with all 5 gear pieces, SM from g8 to g12 with 1x g12 plus and 2x g12 gear pieces. Thankfully I waited on putting last 2x pieces on SM since I only had 1x of the missing pieces on hand and always save at least 1x of every gear incase of a quick meta change
  • Yep. I geared Assassin from g8 to g12+5 specifically to work in a Darth Revan team. And now that investment has been rendered pretty pointless.

It's not like I'm furious about it, but I'd love to have the GET back that I spent on gear. And the 6500 crystals I used to buy the last g12+ piece.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    If they changed the ability to state “ Sith enemies can’t gain PASSIVE bonus turn meter” this would fix the Sith Assassin issue. Her turn meter is granted through an ability. It would still shut down Marauder, Zaul, and EP but at least she would would still function.

+1
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    SAss is still a viable option. Not against Malak mirrors, but other teams, like JKR or Malakless DRs.

Similar to HK. HK is perfect against Jkr, but mediocre against others.

Marauder is mediocre against everything.

SiT provides a much needed pre taunt, but then becomes pretty bad. His massive defense/tenacity is quickly nullified by the ferocities.

So thats DR + Badstilla + Malak for sure, plus pick 2 of the above 4.

I feel like HK is a given even against non-Jedi teams. His AOE won't do as much damage, but it can still deal a whole pile of hits + Tenacity Down, and Assassination still hits really hard even without the bonus for Jedi. Plus he's pretty tanky for a damage dealer.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png