Can't you hear the people?!

13Next

Replies

  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Articled wrote: »
    Why do you hang on to the petition. You are missing the point. Where is the diversity in arena? I understand they need to make money off of the game they developed. How can the game survive if a ftp player cannot even come close to competing?

    I would contend that if you’re claiming that CG is killing the game by driving away players, your average Arena ranking should actually end up higher. You’re claiming that CG is culling away your competition but you end up LESS competitive? Doesn’t make sense mate.
    Your point is invalid mate. The people that are leaving the game are mostly FTP, not the whales that occupy the top spots!
  • Articled wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Articled wrote: »
    Why do you hang on to the petition. You are missing the point. Where is the diversity in arena? I understand they need to make money off of the game they developed. How can the game survive if a ftp player cannot even come close to competing?

    I would contend that if you’re claiming that CG is killing the game by driving away players, your average Arena ranking should actually end up higher. You’re claiming that CG is culling away your competition but you end up LESS competitive? Doesn’t make sense mate.
    Your point is invalid mate. The people that are leaving the game are mostly FTP, not the whales that occupy the top spots!

    No whales and top spot players in arena are leaving also
  • Yes, that's why I said mostly. But it is only logical that mostly the FTP players are fed up with the situation.
  • Naw
    914 posts Member
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Dont know why when I read this forum it reminds me about this picture ...

    Superb :)
  • Firstly, I think the devs have it tough. They can't be all things to all men. They have produced arguably best mobile game and absolutely the best Star Wars game in recent history. Maybe they do deserve a little credit here.

    I'm probably considered a small dolphin at this point, I spend 10-20 a month if I feel like it and to be honest to those people stating new f2p players are getting the shaft I think that's kinda wrong.
    Malak has been poorly handled yes, Revan has destroyed arena yes but the main problem for me is the chase. Trying to keep up with the meta had ruined my experience of this game.

    Someone earlier stated new players are all on a level playing field so the 5 node changes shouldn't really matter, this point was then countered by saying it's the end gamers with (I assume) 4m+GP that are getting the shaft. I put forward it's actually the mid-gamers with 2m+GP that are getting hit the hardest and this is where I think I speak from experience.

    I hit this game just as JTR arrived so the chase at the time was to quickly get Phoenix up and start that whole farm train to arrive at JTR. Just as I get the JTR farm finished, Chewie hits, so ok, time to get BH's up to snuff. I'm barely through this farm and Revan and Threepio all hit in relatively quick succession. It's at this point my farm train de-railed. All signs looked to Threepio with CLS, Chewie and Han were going to to be amazing in arena and for the first time in my SWGoH career I was almost ready with a meta team, I just needed Threepio. So Ewoks is the way I went. Turns out that whole CLS Meta probably lasted a week when JKR hit town. What do I do? I'm committed to Ewoks now, I'm balls deep at this point.
    Here's were I feel my perspective gains traction. The above isn't really on newbies radar. If they've any sense they'll be farming Phoenix then making the move to Old Republic as soon as they are able. They have level limitations etc etc so none of this really matters to them, yet.
    Vets in all likely hood already had BH's and Ewoks up to scratch when those events hit so no biggy. Mid-Gamers that started around when I did are absolutely in the thick of it in my opinion.

    I missed JKR the first time. My BH's were only good enough to get Chewie to 5* the first time around so after getting Threepio to 6* I went back to BH's so I could get Chewie to 7* the second time. All of which I achieved, but as a result now the third time of asking I'm not getting JKR. I'm on with that farm now so will get him 4th time of asking. Maybe. This 5 node change has really slowed progress. I'm lucky if I get 2 Jolee shards a day from Energy (not including fleet) maybe 3 a day all combined.

    So what about those Raid, TW and TB teams well that's the kicker isn't it. For me, chasing the meta for so long has kinda ruined my overall experience because yes whilst I can finish within the top 200 in arena should I want too, I can barely make a scratch in Heroic Sith. I can't help my guild achieve max potential in TB because I have no Troopers or Rogue One and I only have 4-5 viable teams to help with TW.

    Anyway, if you made it this far, apologies for the essay. This is not a rant, certainly not a complaint, I'm just offering another perspective. I made my choices, and I'm overall happy where I am. I know how manage my limited resources and I'm now committed to farm more guild related teams. Since I made that choice, I've found I'm in much happier place playing the game.

    CG will always support the Whales over the Dolphins etc. The F2P's realistically, not to be rude, but doubt you're opinion matters to the devs. It's only a game at the end of the day, not saying having gripes is right or wrong, it just... is what it is.
  • Most of the time people are asking for some really stupid things. That usually makes cg ignore what people are asking. It’s the community’s fault
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    Dont know why when I read this forum it reminds me about this picture ...
    awvbmesux6ep.jpg

    1m2vfp.jpg
  • They hear payers, not players. Want to change CG’s behavior? Stop enabling that behavior by dropping cash like gambling addicts.
    Member of ‘Thugs in White Armor’
  • Players who paid to get Malek should get a great character. My only issue is don’t make malek better by making other characters worse, make malek better by making malek better ... pretaunt, immune to shock, the whole team immune to shock , something that makes a sith empire team nuts... I would be fine with any of those things
  • Malak could’ve just gave the team a passive high tenacity. That would then require Malak to beat Malak via tenacity down, but not outright squash Palpatine, one of the greatest characters in the franchise.
    Member of ‘Thugs in White Armor’
  • Been playing since 2015. I honestly could care less about these points. I've seen people complain since Dooku was meta. I've seen rock paper scissor metas come and go and I've seen JKR metas before that were just as annoying(Zaul). I've been primarily FTP while also spending money occasionally but I've never whaled out and I've never worried too much about it. I didn't make Malek or Darth Revan this time and I'm completely fine with that(more content to look forward too; get it on the second round). The Malek kit changing the way EP interfaces with him is something I'm completely ok with. No one is forcing you to use Malek with EP and EPs usefulness is just as useful as he was before the Malek event. Apparently the results were not completely as intended by CG and they made a change. No biggie. I feel like people complaining about wasting gear on gearing up SA and now being useless is rather dramatic; she's somewhat useful regardless and I can still use her with my EP "B" team without Malek quite effectively.

    They've done things like this countless times before, and I'm 100% certain there will be a new meta or a counter released to bring back rock paper scissors again. I don't understand why everyone has to be right on top of the meta completely on day one of release every time. What kind of a stressful experience must this be? Just play the game to have fun folks.
  • Lio
    568 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    They listen to metrics. The forum is a TINY percentage of actual players.

    Clearly their metrics (play time, $ spent, etc) are telling them this is the way to go. They may pay some lip service occasionally, but you should really just accept that the forums just for players to talk to each other. They don't care about anything that gets said here.

    Frankly I can't blame them, since no matter what they say, everyone craps all over them for it.

    This guy knows how businesses work. I get the rage from the community here, but their metrics must show otherwise.

    Post the link please. Like all you ask the op. But there is none. AZS well as no info available at all to back your claim.
    Oh you actually have no clue, so your just assuming? Then wonder why people think people like you are just cg shills, hmm i wonder why.
    A good business takes care of all its customers not just the ones that spend the most, or am i wrong ?

    You want me to post a link suggesting that businesses make decisions based on data and metrics instead of some vociferous customers?
  • Eventually EA’s exclusive license will expire and a Disney will allow multiple companies to lisense with them. Why make insane amounts of money with one company when you can make even more money with 5.

    Everyone will win. Disney gets more $$$. Fans get more/better content. EA keeps making SW stuff and hopefully does a better job now that there’s competition.
  • RevanRevanMalak
    41 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Articled wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they are trying too hard, which might kill the game.

    i figured this out as well after 6 weeks of playing but im only a hater right that doesnt understand the morality of a capital company that tries to milk money from every pocket from gamer.. for example by nerfing palpatine to give the p2w player a op malak. ridicilous. u pay u win. simple as that.

    balance for p2w reasons.
    Articled wrote: »
    I hope they change path in the near future...

    no they will not unless they loose players with that corrupt policity. like blizzard lost many players with heroes of the storm. blizzard played a similar same game with the player base in the past in the same way as well... or that reminds me gazillion with marvel heroes and trashed the game with that.. blizzard has now turned down that path because many players just gone.

  • Whoa whoa whoa, slow down.

    Eas losing its license to make star wars games?
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Articled wrote: »
    Can't you hear the people?!

    You mean, 'Cant you hear the f2p players with poor resource managenent and planning skills, that want to be given rank1 arena on a silver plate? `

    Wow. The fact that you so flippantly dismiss the frustrations of a significant portion of the SWGOH community is shocking. I’ll let you be the judge of whether my comment is layered with sarcasm or not.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Articled wrote: »
    A petition was signed by 11k people to keep hard nodes to 8. Totally ignored.

    There are around 285k Farmboys across all players listed on swgoh.gg

    Sadly 11k is nothing in the big picture and not even close to being enough to make CG / EA raise an eyebrow.

    Even if a quarter million F2P players had signed the petition, why should CG listen to them instead of krakens voting with their wallets?

    The deep wallets voted against a rock, paper, scissors arena. Darth Revan worked fine on offense and was beatable on defense. Whales and krakens didn't like the latter and were willing to climb the Malak paywall. That's the only vote that really counts.
  • Mzee
    1679 posts Member
    In the end the EA execs are calling the shots. Carrie said on Twitter I think it was she tried to extend the 8 hard nodes for as long as possible, but couldn't anymore.

    Players want to feel like their concerns are met, but in the end we are reduced to a number and what drives the decisions more than anything is what maximizes profit. The data from the entire playerbase is studied extensively to see how the decisions from EA/CG affect their profit and activity from the playerbase.

    I began in mid 2016 back well before Zetas and wiggs was the meta when I was reaching the max levels. I have seen the game go through a lot of changes and it does feel like they have gradually gotten more aggressive with the frustration spending.

    What tends to happen is players get really melodramatic about some decisions that are aggressive with players feeling pressured to spend and then as the meta dynamics begin to shift with new counters etc then the anger simmers down and players get comfortable with things till the next big change to complain about comes along. I find some of the complaints are warranted and I have expressed my frustration here plenty of times with things. It is the nature of a game that relies on microtransactions. If there was really strong balance and nothing was dominant then players wouldn't feel so urged to spend money and as a result cut into their profits. It is a difficult balancing act for them for sure. Overall, compared to other mobile games I think this one does a pretty good job of making f2p or light-spenders feel welcome. I just hope the power creep jumping up so many notches with Traya and then the Revan teams isn't a bad sign.
  • Nauros
    2727 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I think the approach is bad, as it was previously stated they watch metrics. So lets play with that idea if you want change.

    You can keep up doing this and rant on the forum for arguably the worst community managers to have a laugh because they dont answer to anything, ever. Or you can hit them where it truly hurts, playtime, money spent, average number of players. I mean truthfully the only way the game would take a turn for the better is if a few of those huge discords got together and organized to get mass refunds and take a hiatus from the game. 10 thousand people leaving the game and taking their money back is much more effective than 11 thousand people signing something pretending cg devs can read.

    This is probably gonna get deleted, no matter how true it is. But yeah, it needs to happen.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • The thing is. They are listening to people. Just because the majority is complaining doesn’t mean they aren’t listening. They are just not listening atm to that majority, but to some minority. In the end they are making some people happy while making others mad. It’s just the way things are and how they always have been.
  • Gorem
    1184 posts Member
    You can tell a games dying when mainly white knights reply to a thread, the people who want the game to die by attacking the players. When the majority becomes silent, and the game slowly drifts off into nothingness as I've seen time and time again. The White knights will defend it till the day the game is dead and gone forever.

    History keeps on repeating itself. You can't hate the players and expect a game to keep going on, there is no going cocern there. When enough people leave, the game will die forever. There will be no more swgoh. Ever.

    Stop attacking the players.

    The devs have been terrible. Don't act like a blind child. They are lieing to us. They are pulling the rug from under us. and they are treating us like dirt.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    You can tell a games dying when mainly white knights reply to a thread, the people who want the game to die by attacking the players. When the majority becomes silent, and the game slowly drifts off into nothingness as I've seen time and time again. The White knights will defend it till the day the game is dead and gone forever.

    History keeps on repeating itself. You can't hate the players and expect a game to keep going on, there is no going cocern there. When enough people leave, the game will die forever. There will be no more swgoh. Ever.

    Stop attacking the players.

    The devs have been terrible. Don't act like a blind child. They are lieing to us. They are pulling the rug from under us. and they are treating us like dirt.

    Ma gawd...real tears
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I think the approach is bad, as it was previously stated they watch metrics. So lets play with that idea if you want change.

    You can keep up doing this and rant on the forum for arguably the worst community managers to have a laugh because they dont answer to anything, ever. Or you can hit them where it truly hurts, playtime, money spent, average number of players. I mean truthfully the only way the game would take a turn for the better is if a few of those huge discords got together and organized to get mass refunds and take a hiatus from the game. 10 thousand people leaving the game and taking their money back is much more effective than 11 thousand people signing something pretending cg devs can read.

    This is probably gonna get deleted, no matter how true it is. But yeah, it needs to happen.

    It will never happen though.
    I’m in a guild with many whales. Our discord is full of complaints about the devs all the time - and then I see that the in-game chat is full of notices of toons hitting 7* before I’m done the marquee event.
    i.e: 1,000 messages complaining about the gg re-work, followed by two dozen in game messages of droideka hitting g12.
  • I'm just wondering which game all the guys are related to which contains micro transactions. If I scroll through the stores of SWGoH I only see macro transactions. I would spend some $ here and there if I would really get something useful for 5-10 bugs. Throwing hundreds of dollars is far beyond micro in my opinion.
  • Nauros
    2727 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I think the approach is bad, as it was previously stated they watch metrics. So lets play with that idea if you want change.

    You can keep up doing this and rant on the forum for arguably the worst community managers to have a laugh because they dont answer to anything, ever. Or you can hit them where it truly hurts, playtime, money spent, average number of players. I mean truthfully the only way the game would take a turn for the better is if a few of those huge discords got together and organized to get mass refunds and take a hiatus from the game. 10 thousand people leaving the game and taking their money back is much more effective than 11 thousand people signing something pretending cg devs can read.

    This is probably gonna get deleted, no matter how true it is. But yeah, it needs to happen.

    It will never happen though.
    I’m in a guild with many whales. Our discord is full of complaints about the devs all the time - and then I see that the in-game chat is full of notices of toons hitting 7* before I’m done the marquee event.
    i.e: 1,000 messages complaining about the gg re-work, followed by two dozen in game messages of droideka hitting g12.

    And that is why we can't have nice things...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Articled wrote: »
    You said you would give us a big notice before a new journey/legendary event character.
    You gave us 3 days for the Malak event.
    You said you want rock-paper-scissors meta.
    It was achieved (probably unintended for 15-20 days) and now you take it away.
    You said you are going to hear the concerns of the player base.
    A petition was signed by 11k people to keep hard nodes to 8. Totally ignored.
    CG? What are you doing? You are killing the game.

    100% agree! I'm so ad at them! The are completely ruining it!
Sign In or Register to comment.