Good business practice??

Prev1
G20
132 posts Member
edited April 2019
I understand its a business, but whenever we creatively put together a team that works against the new meta, CG/EA makes adjustments.
If you think about it, it's UNETHICAL business practice.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    indeed
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    No its not
  • It depends on your definition of “unethical” but I get what you’re saying
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    unethical, lol.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If you spend money on something which then gets destroyed by a nerf, isn’t that unethical?

Sounds like bait and switch to me.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    If we want to be technical, it's not the rework to Malak that is unethical. One could argue that the post by Carrie (in the recent "Road Ahead" announcement less than a week ago) stating that CG seeks to create a meta that has "variety" and is "balanced" is unethical, in retrospect, as that is clearly an outright lie.

Doing what they want to their game is not unethical. Now, lying about what their intentions are to their customers - on that, you might have a point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    If you spend money on something which then gets destroyed by a nerf, isn’t that unethical?

Malak wasnt nerfed...he was buffed.

Those that spent money on the sith empire team arent complaining.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    If you spend money on something which then gets destroyed by a nerf, isn’t that unethical?

That's not true.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Why did you spend money on Palpatine?

Sorry- I understand what you mean. The thing that is getting bothersome for me is the uber specific passives or abilities that counter 1 character in general, ie. JKR tweak against Nest.

I would rather them create new characters with abilities/synergies that make sense to them or their faction and let the community's creativity take it from there.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That's not true.

Lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2019

That's not true.

Lol

Why is it funny? There are people in my shard chat who like to run (and spent gear on) Sass, who is now useless. There are people that have DR and Malak and use EP to climb becuase it's faster and simpler - they are also complaining.

And there are many more level headed players who are not simply looking at it from a self-interest perspective. They own DR + Malak and realize that a fun arena is not one that sells you rock, then 3 months later, sells you paper, then 3 months later sells you one part of scissors, then a month later sells you the other part of scissors. Oh - and the "new" scissors are immune to that old rock - but the NEW rock will be out in 3 months....for the right price. And it can't be stopped!!! Not even by that old paper from 6 months ago!!!!

Just for the record, that is not "balanced" nor is it "variety". It's a prescribed meta - and the way CG has operated for 20+ months now.

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    This is unpopular not unethical.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

That's not true.

Lol

Why is it funny? There are people in my shard chat who like to run (and spent gear on) Sass, who is now useless. There are people that have DR and Malak and use EP to climb becuase it's faster and simpler - they are also complaining.

And there are many more level headed players who are not simply looking at it from a self-interest perspective. They own DR + Malak and realize that a fun arena is not one that sells you rock, then 3 months later, sells you paper, then 3 months later sells you one part of scissors, then a month later sells you the other part of scissors. Oh - and the "new" scissors are immune to that old rock - but the NEW rock will be out in 3 months....for the right price. And it can't be stopped!!! Not even by that old paper from 6 months ago!!!!

Just for the record, that is not "balanced" nor is it "variety". It's a prescribed meta - and the way CG has operated for 20+ months now.

It's funny that you think it's not true.

I spent gear on sass...during the zmual meta. Maybe they will cheer up with sith ships become meta? Who knows...

It wasn't a nerf..it was a buff.

"filter in over time"...primary meta becomes more balanced "in the future" doesn't mean "immediately".

Gaslighting doesn't work on me...
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »

No its unethical.
    We all spend money on this game trusting the good intentions of CG/EA.

When they say they wanted more balance on the release of Darth Revan.
    And there are other examples, ie. Sith raid nerfs

We waste money on gear and toons to prepare our toons, just to have CG/EA pull the rug from under us.

It really is bad.

Oh and a rework of Malak 2 days in. Lol
    So that he would work as intended. Lol

They insult our intelligence.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    G20 wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »

We all spend money on this game trusting the good intentions of CG/EA.

They insult our intelligence.

wait, what? haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Lol ethics. Even if it were true that they're unethical, what are you gonna do? Report it to the Ethics police?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Its not unethical in the slightest.

It's greedy, mercenary capitalism.

EA/CG don't want anyone farming characters anymore. They want them buying them.

The game has undoubtedly turned a corner.

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Assassin is not "useless." She is much less valuable against squads that have Malak in them, but that will be a small percentage of squads. I geared my assassin recently as an option with Darth Revan - and she's finding utility under Palpatine lead in TW and GA right now that I previously didn't have.

/shrug

Is this going to make Revan/Malak squads extremely dominant? I think so. I think the only counter to them will be the Darth Revan without Malak...so expect arenas to be as stacked with Darth Revan at the top as Jedi Revan was at the top after his first release.
  • The “We all spend on this game” comment has me cracking up.

Didn’t know they game only had P2P players 😂😂😂
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Is this going to make Revan/Malak squads extremely dominant? I think so.

Please, excuse the childish sarcasm but, gee- ya think?

• I agree, it is unethical. I have DR and Malak and was using Palp lead for the climb.

If you have less speed than your opponents there’s no chance to recover,especially now that Assassin won’t feed the TM anymore. CG has created a unique meta (DR, Malak, SiT, Badstila and HK) where if you can’t outspeed some ridiculous +168speed on DR and +150 on Badstila it’s a clear loss.

How is that fun? No diversity not even in the main team composition, arguably Marauder can replace HK or SiT, but it doesn’t work as great.

The way CG has being doing business these last two months closed my wallet forever.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    If they keep continuing with these types of business practice's the game's going to go South but then again you always have a bunch of sheep That don't know how to stand together
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    If they keep continuing with these types of business practice's the game's going to go South but then again you always have a bunch of sheep That don't know how to stand together
    Sheep always move together. Where you from City boy ?
    Sheep move together always. Inevitably they also stand together.
    Regardless, it’s still not unethical. You trusted them to do something that they never said they would do , and what they are doing is not inherently bad. So it’s not unethical.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Is this going to make Revan/Malak squads extremely dominant? I think so.

Please, excuse the childish sarcasm but, gee- ya think?

I do think. Of course, they could release a new Marquee character this week that at 3* will help Jedi Revan or Traya have a better chance at defeating Darth Revan/Malak.

That's what so many people are upset about right now, right? They thought that "X" would be the dominant meta, and all of a sudden, the rug was yanked out from under them and the new meta is "Y."

Always in motion, the future is...
  • “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.” - Yoda, commenting about CG/EA, I'm pretty sure
  • That's like arguing that Apple is unethical because year after year they keep releasing phones that are newer and better. making the old phones obsolete in comparison.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I understand its a business, but whenever we creatively put together a team that works against the new meta, CG/EA makes adjustments.
    If you think about it, it's UNETHICAL business practice.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, and you're going to want to get angry about it, but it's just the truth:

Being unethical is a good business practice.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Nah...the big black eye they gave themselves was when it was found out that their software-updates were rendering the older phones less and less functional (battery life, etc.)…

...y'know, sorta like "nerfing" products their customers had previously bought from them...
  • That's like arguing that Apple is unethical because year after year they keep releasing phones that are newer and better. making the old phones obsolete in comparison.

Nah what would be unethical is slowing down old phones so that the new phones are a must.

Something that Apple did and got called out for and had to have a cheap battery replacement program in 2018