I'm all for Meta diversity. If you want EP to stay, I don't think you do.

Almost all top arena teams consist of EP lead. That's not diversity. That's singular. And many only want it so they can obtain meta. Not because you think it adds to rock paper scissors, because no one is beating them. And the top 10 in your shard know this. You're only seeing their climb teams if you see anything other than an EP lead with DR and DM.

I am all for diversity. But this hurts legit claims for diversity when this is clearly a power grab for F2P meta.

I'm fine with that. But not saying it's to add diversity to the top arena, because that's clearly not what's going on here.

Don't cheapen the argument by adding in this. This.... is not diversity.

Replies

• My shard’s current top 20 = 11 DR leads, 7 JKR leads, and 2 EP leads.

Top 10 only has 1 EP lead and if I expand to top 50 it only adds about 5 more.

2 year old shard.
  • According to swgoh.gg the meta was 30% each Jedi Revan, Darth Revan and Palpatine. Pretty much equal in arena.
  • What they said. My shard is 3.5 years old. There is one Palps at the #9 spot. The rest are all JKR and DR.

Watch Ahnalds latest video about Malak and Palps. You might be swayed to change your opinion (which you are 100% entitled to, but watch it anyways).
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    How is it a power grab by the ftp if you run EP w/ DR in your squad. The problem is if your DR and BSF is slower in a mirror then it's game over most of the times before it even started. To avoid the speed mismatch I would switch to EP lead to climb then revert to DR to hopefully not fall as hard. So the next day I can go through the whole process of climbing. In my arena shard EP is used just to climb. Not hold down 1 forever and a day. It doesn't hold. Just like zFinn didn't hold. Just like Traya w/ Nest didn't hold. This also hurts people that spent to acquire the newest shiny toys which I have. Just not spending $$$ on gearing Malak to G11 overnight. No point since I didn't even have the purple mats and omegas to make him viable.

edit: You can check my swgoh.gg and see I consistently hit 1. I use a tool(EP) that CG gave to me along time ago to achieve it. I am also in an Arena Shard chat. So after this nerf comes out I'll just resort to asking people with faster teams to remove mods. I would rather not have to ask them and am having crappy luck farming mods. My DR and BSF speeds are 321 and 289. No slouch but not good enough.
  • Yeah, wondering the same thing here. My Top 50, there are 3 EP Leads....https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/ Shows EP at 21%. I'll take the 54, 21, 21, split, that's better than 80% plus for JKR which was the past few months.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Jedi Knight Revan < Darth Revan < Palpatine < Jedi Knight Revan repeat. (CLS beats palp too)

The meta was quite diverse.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Revan < Darth Revan < Palpatine < Jedi Knight Revan repeat. (CLS beats palp too)

The meta was quite diverse.

And Bastille lead too.

Also, not just diverse leads, but more than just the same 5 toons in each team.
  • Almost all top arena teams consist of EP lead. That's not diversity. That's singular. And many only want it so they can obtain meta. Not because you think it adds to rock paper scissors, because no one is beating them. And the top 10 in your shard know this. You're only seeing their climb teams if you see anything other than an EP lead with DR and DM.

I am all for diversity. But this hurts legit claims for diversity when this is clearly a power grab for F2P meta.

I'm fine with that. But not saying it's to add diversity to the top arena, because that's clearly not what's going on here.

What the absolute vodka are you talking about? It's like 5% of EP leads barely surviving.
  • The diversity was awesome. And it wasn't just palp. Plenty of dr and jkr. Even better was that 2 out of three of those leads had different characters working. Just about every battle was different AND I got to use 2 different teams to climb!
    But, now it's not just DR lead meta. Now it's everyone going for the exact same five characters- this is just revan 2.0
  • The weird part is the propping up of jkr in the meta...jkr better than non-Malak DR squads
  • Almost all top arena teams consist of EP lead. That's not diversity. That's singular. And many only want it so they can obtain meta. Not because you think it adds to rock paper scissors, because no one is beating them. And the top 10 in your shard know this. You're only seeing their climb teams if you see anything other than an EP lead with DR and DM.

It's treason then!