Hoth soldier platoon and mission?!? [MERGE]

Replies

• Caley had the computer again. Can I get my 3 clone wars chewie shards for compensation?
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    ...echoing above. Does ANYBODY double-check this stuff?
  • I submitted a trouble ticket. My guild likes the bragging rights associated with clearing all combat missions. Regardless if it is fully intended it's counter productive to the enjoyment of the event.

ah yes to preserve "bragging rights" not to help out smaller guilds that need to complete both to get stars
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Still topical
  • StarSon
    7433 posts Member
    Um, TB is considered a team effort.
    One puts this character in the platoon, the rest then needs to max out the zone.

The stated point of this change was to make platoons easier to fill, not to make guilds choose between platoons and combats.
    Riffinator wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Kshsedch wrote: »
    Thought this never happened before.

This is a very frustrating decision.

It happened before!

yeah back when DSTB was released IPD was required, that ****

Well, they did that again too. IPD is in p6 platoons.
  • DocDoom wrote: »

i mean clearly people on this side of the forum didn't, its been released that these were going to be needed for about a month and it still caught people off guard. if only people read stuff.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @ThunderGun , I find myself agreeing with what you say for the respectful and thoughtful way you’ve presented it. However, to offer a correction, it’s not that Zep is only affected against one character - he’s affected against one team. That’s an important distinction. It might be one thing if the fix said something like “effects on Malak cannot contribute to enemies gaining bonus TM.” But that is not the case. It’s an instant nullification of Zep’s Leadership ability as a whole when Malak is present. That’s effectively “killing a team” and purposefully removing him (and his supporting lineup) from any sense of relevant importance in this area of the game (+ TW, + GA).

To play a small side of devil’s advocate, this also pretty much makes HK’s Loyalty zeta useless too. DR teams have no problem shredding JKR teams as it is, and the only other Bonus Protection TM effects would come from Traya - doesn’t matter under Zep anymore anyways - which now cannot earn TM anyways. So, big slap to the face to anyone that invested in HK’s zeta there too.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Um, TB is considered a team effort.
    One puts this character in the platoon, the rest then needs to max out the zone.

The stated point of this change was to make platoons easier to fill, not to make guilds choose between platoons and combats.
    evoluza wrote: »
    Kshsedch wrote: »
    Thought this never happened before.

This is a very frustrating decision.

It happened before!

yeah back when DSTB was released IPD was required, that ****

Well, they did that again too. IPD is in p6 platoons.

and thats for a SM which i need my GET cause Malak requires more than the other two
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    I submitted a trouble ticket. My guild likes the bragging rights associated with clearing all combat missions. Regardless if it is fully intended it's counter productive to the enjoyment of the event.

ah yes to preserve "bragging rights" not to help out smaller guilds that need to complete both to get stars

It's what 190,000,000 GP F2P guild live for
  • There used to be a rule where hero units would never show up in platoons.
    I submitted a trouble ticket. My guild likes the bragging rights associated with clearing all combat missions. Regardless if it is fully intended it's counter productive to the enjoyment of the event.

It's what 190,000,000 GP F2P guild live for

talk about bragging. didnt even ask about either of those statistics
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Another incredible unforced-error from CG! I guess it doesn't show up on their radar if it doesn't make anybody whale out.
  • The fact that they notified us does not take away from the fact that it’s a crâp move. How can they justify requiring a toon in platoons that’s required for a mission.
  • AngelVazzana
    541 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    This is a load of I can't say on the forums word... Listen my guild is only 25 with only 21 active. Some of us can't battle because we filled platoons. They said they would fix this... Fix your game
    CG_Carrie
    DocDoom wrote: »

i mean clearly people on this side of the forum didn't, its been released that these were going to be needed for about a month and it still caught people off guard. if only people read stuff.

So because they mentioned it in passing means that it makes sense? How does it make sense to have a character required to fill platoons AND the same character required to complete a combat mission.

Warning (barely) or not, it doesn’t make sense at all.
  • BeralCator
    791 posts Member
    edited April 2019

I reported that Probe Droid was in DS Phase 6 weeks ago (both in the forum and in a bug report) and heard nothing back as to whether it was on purpose or an oversight.

If it is intentional, it seems to directly contradict the stated goal of assisting guilds in completing Hoth TBs more efficiently.
  • "We will continue the practice of excluding factions/characters from Platoons where those factions/characters are required somewhere else in the same vertical slice."
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143905/platoon-squad-and-deployments-update

Please fix.

Also fix DSTB where Chimera is not excluded from CM selection when it is required for the SM in the same zone.

Why would I read a google doc? There is a perfectly viable means of communicating their plans RIGHT HERE, in the "Official" forum.
  • The title says it all and give us our missed rewards
  • The first release of the updated platoons spreadsheets also had Ahsoka Tano required in a Dark Side Phase 4 platoon. That was an error which was fixed and I’m confident this is a similar oversight. It’s one that certainly could have been avoided, and if that makes you upset, I understand, but mistakes happen.
  • I'm going to make 100 posts until we get a proper reply
  • The title says it all and give us our missed rewards

"missed rewards" it affected a CM not a SM

Why would I read a google doc? There is a perfectly viable means of communicating their plans RIGHT HERE, in the "Official" forum.

It was released through the official forums.
  • AngelVazzana
    541 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Yep... We are a 25 member guild and only 21 are active. This could cause us to lose a star which is rewards. Troll on troll
    The title says it all and give us our missed rewards

"missed rewards" it affected a CM not a SM

...This phase...
  • And they forgot to put the cover on the TPS reports despite multiple memos

😂😂😂
  • Riffinator...dude, get your lips off CG’s ****. There’s no defending this.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    @Riffinator
    I've only read the 4,5,6 platoons, as I though the 1,2&3 would stay as they had been for a very long time, and I guess most who read it, had same thought
    seriously there was zero idea of changing 1,2&3, as it doesn't benefit anyone, not even EA's greed department
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
This discussion has been closed.