So what's the one team f2p can use to beat Darth Revan and Malak?

Prev1
So Palpatine wasn't the answer, fine, I just want an answer now, what is the one squad I need to be working on as a f2p/small spender who didn't get Darth Revan or Malak, in order to at least be able to beat them somewhat reliably and have a chance at climbing my arena shard? Or make GA competitive and not automatic quit against them?

You see so far we've had powerful squads dominate the meta but at the very least we've had some counters that could be used for climbing before payout. Can anyone give us a legit answer to this question? Can the devs give us an answer?

There is alot more at stake with GA being a factor as well, what do I do when I face a player who has Revan and Malak now? Do I just forfeit? Is this squad beatable unless you have Darth Revan or both of them yourself?

If the answer is yes then please share the knowledge, but if the answer is no then can you answer one more question? How is this healthy for the game? How is it healthy to have one squad that can't possibly lose to anything that's out there on with defense or offense?

Replies

• InRevanWeTrust
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    zEmps lead interaction with ferocity was broken.

So broken that a 140-160 fully modded DR lead team with the rest at 140+ speed can lose to a zEmp with team with 110-120 speed mods due to the loop turns that happen due to ferocity. I ran a zEmp lead due to that and on offense DR leads would take maybe 2-4 turns and that's it.

I don't agree with the full immunity but they should've just made it so ferocity didn't count as a debuff. zEmp still would've been good vs DR with the possibility that a full sith empire team is better with malak instead of a hybrid malak team under zEmp. I believe that's what they want for a full sith empire to be better but they completely shutout zEmp with the immunity instead of taking a different approach

And to answer your question. JKR with chewy more than easily beats DR leads. Especially now since we're all forced pretty much to run the double tank malak/SiT with the DR trio.

I recommend JKR, gmy, bastila, chewy with ezra or Jolee. Ezra will be easier and guaranteed a win since Jolee honestly doesn't do much since JKR can't be revived if he died from death mark and also the damage ezra brings will help guaranteed on the opener that BSF dies. After that it's an easy win.

JKR is more than free to play with its 3rd or 4th release now and the event is easy. Chewy is also easy to get now.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @InRevanWeTrust , JKR has had 2 releases, if I’m not mistaken - unless they gave him a 3rd quick appearance before Malak. We had his 2nd Coming like a month ago, then DR, then Malak.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Revan with Chewbacca. I'll investigate this claim by testing it as much as I can today but I'm not very optimistic about these odds.

But let's say it's accurate, that would be great in arena, if true, but in GA it puts you at a -1 squad disadvantage. So not only does your opponent have a +1 by having Darth Revan, by forcing your Chewbacca into a Revan squad it decapitates your CLS which your your only counter left for Darth Traya. So you're -2 and you still have to figure out how to beat Traya. If you save Traya for Traya then you don't have a way to beat Jedi Revan.

Either way you basically have 0% chance of winning the match up.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Don't fall for this trap. If you list teams that actually work against DR, they will just get nerfed to the ground...
  • InRevanWeTrust
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Revan with Chewbacca. I'll investigate this claim by testing it as much as I can today but I'm not very optimistic about these odds.

But let's say it's accurate, that would be great in arena, if true, but in GA it puts you at a -1 squad disadvantage. So not only does your opponent have a +1 by having Darth Revan, by forcing your Chewbacca into a Revan squad it decapitates your CLS which your your only counter left for Darth Traya. So you're -2 and you still have to figure out how to beat Traya. If you save Traya for Traya then you don't have a way to beat Jedi Revan.

When I ran zEmp in arenas with DR and nihilus in it. I didn't keep him with my DR/nihilus in TW and GA.

I still have a zEmp lead team, traya lead with nihilus and a DR lead team. You don't have to run your arena setup is TW/GA

And yes, it does work since chewy does 20% max health damage and that's very effective against badstila and DR since they have a 70%+ bonus health unique.

This is my arena shard and the person in 2nd place running chewy has a lot worse mods compared to me and he can beat me usually 3m6oy6tk9b26.jpg

32siwx6hj7bn.jpg
    cm0ow9c4exu2.jpg

• Nauros wrote: »
    Don't fall for this trap. If you list teams that actually work against DR, they will just get nerfed to the ground...

Yeah I'm a secret agent for CG who wants to find ways to screw the players 😂. I'm simply in disbelief how we allow for this level of p2w in this game.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    gg
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Revan with Chewbacca. I'll investigate this claim by testing it as much as I can today but I'm not very optimistic about these odds.

When I ran zEmp in arenas with DR and nihilus in it. I didn't keep him with my DR/nihilus in TW and GA.

I still have a zEmp lead team, traya lead with nihilus and a DR lead team. You don't have to run your arena setup is TW/GA

And yes, it does work since chewy does 20% max health damage and that's very effective against badstila and DR since they have a 70%+ bonus health unique.

This is my arena shard and the person in 2nd place running chewy has a lot worse mods compared to me and he can beat me usually 3m6oy6tk9b26.jpg

32siwx6hj7bn.jpg
    cm0ow9c4exu2.jpg

Well I appreciate your input, after all you did answer my question, however I admit I'm not at all hopefully at all when it comes to GA. Committing such a key character as Chewbacca to an already powerful squad like Revan will put you on a -1 regardless. And since you're already starting at -1 by not having Darth Revan this is insurmountable odds to beat
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Nerf Chewbacca
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Nerf Chewbacca

It be funny if people didn't actually mean it
  • Try bastila lead, GK, JKR, Hoda, GMY. Working well when I've tested it out so far but only tried on single zeta Malak, maybe him taunting continually will make it harder. But 100% health damage and a truck load of debuffs isn't too great vs +200%(health) bonus protection and +tenacity. Also pretaunting GK is nice.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Nerf Chewbacca

It be funny if people didn't actually mean it

It's ok, in next week's episode of 'Here comes another Malak hotfix', the gang adds another unique whereby only players with Malak can enter Arena! Tune in and see how the community reacts!. Coming August.
  • Jkr is a simple, easy comp to get, that is also a must have team, and works fine on defense.
    If I didnt have DR, id surely run jkr.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

This is the right answer.

People learned nothing after the nute jawa thing. Find something that works and keep it to yourself.
  • Rey (Jedi Training), C-3P0, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Resistance Trooper works pretty well.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

This is the right answer.

People learned nothing after the nute jawa thing. Find something that works and keep it to yourself.

I always wonder about this. People find some crafty exploit or whatever and the FIRST thing they do is run around screaming about it to the entire Internet, then they get salty when it gets nerfed.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    DR is subject to being worn down if they are set on D in GA. I haven't faced one with Malak yet though.

No joy on Revan though that is reliable. My poorly modded Revan team had 16 defenses this week in TW. It was they last zone they were able to reach and out of great teams, but the point is you just can't wear him down with trash. Id love to know a reliable 1 shot team.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I like when people ask for a f2p counter everyone always says Revan.
    I know he's f2p now but it just bothers me hearing and reading this all the time.

CLS counter- JKR
    JTR counter- JKR
    Night sisters counter- JKR
    Traya counter- JKR
    Bastila counter- JKR
    JKR counter- JKR
    Rex wampa counter- JKR
    Palpa counter- JKR

Why is one team good against everything?
    Why is everyone ok with this kind of diversity.

I'm not mentioning Drevan because he has more counters but with the malak buff I can only speculate JKR 2.0
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

So broken that a 140-160 fully modded DR lead team with the rest at 140+ speed can lose to a zEmp with team with 110-120 speed mods due to the loop turns that happen due to ferocity. I ran a zEmp lead due to that and on offense DR leads would take maybe 2-4 turns and that's it.

I don't agree with the full immunity but they should've just made it so ferocity didn't count as a debuff.
    DR gains +15 speed per debuff so they get supercharged as hell due to Ferocity counting as debuff. Which is why it’ll always count as a debuff. EP teams used their strengths to supercharge themselves. It’s a creative way to use other teams speed boost to up your own.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member

I don't agree with the full immunity but they should've just made it so ferocity didn't count as a debuff. zEmp still would've been good vs DR with the possibility that a full sith empire team is better with malak instead of a hybrid malak team under zEmp. I believe that's what they want for a full sith empire to be better but they completely shutout zEmp with the immunity instead of taking a different approach

And to answer your question. JKR with chewy more than easily beats DR leads. Especially now since we're all forced pretty much to run the double tank malak/SiT with the DR trio.

I recommend JKR, gmy, bastila, chewy with ezra or Jolee. Ezra will be easier and guaranteed a win since Jolee honestly doesn't do much since JKR can't be revived if he died from death mark and also the damage ezra brings will help guaranteed on the opener that BSF dies. After that it's an easy win.

JKR is more than free to play with its 3rd or 4th release now and the event is easy. Chewy is also easy to get now.

Or maybe the Devs should've tested their new character releases against these older meta teams.... They released C-3PO and didn't think to test him with zFinn (the king of expose TM train), and they released Darth Revan and Malak and clearly didn't test them against a zPalp (the king of debuff tm train). I have no problems with them wanting their new toons to be the meta and it makes sense, but they need to start actually testing things and using their brains to think about what might actually have been impacted by the new abilities they've created, not just testing them against the previous meta.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I don't agree with the full immunity but they should've just made it so ferocity didn't count as a debuff.
    DR gains +15 speed per debuff so they get supercharged as hell due to Ferocity counting as debuff. Which is why it’ll always count as a debuff. EP teams used their strengths to supercharge themselves. It’s a creative way to use other teams speed boost to up your own.

Which is exactly how Rex-lead teams worked a while back. Before CG decided they needed to prescribe the meta.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I can beat JKR DR EP with CLS
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    There was a post that used GG to beat DR.

He called it GG, bb8, t3, ipd, b2/IG-88

Basically the team went first because of the huge tm from bb8 before DR gets his speed going. I wanna say t3 clears pretaunts, GG smacks someone, IPD self destructs, GG goes again. Should have a toon or two dead from this point.

T3's unique would be pretty good against DR as it boosts for every debuff. and clears pretaunt like i said
    BB8 is needed for starting tm. short term tanking/counters help. (think he was countering for like 20k cuz t3)
    GG hits pretty big damage numbers.
    IPD go boom. Bye to anyone w less than 100k health + prot
    He seemed to be testing b2 v ig88

He did have a low gear IPD tho. Old zombie style.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jango lead bounty hunters are able to defeat DR/malak.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • You could have gotten Darth Revan and JKR as FTP had you been totally on the ball for 3 years and bit the clues from CG on the forums. I am pretty sure Malak would have been unreasonable though with the 17600 thing.
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    You could have gotten Darth Revan and JKR as FTP had you been totally on the ball for 3 years and bit the clues from CG on the forums. I am pretty sure Malak would have been unreasonable though with the 17600 thing.

You greatly overestimate the price of getting Malak.
    We've already had the characters, so if you had a few zetas lying around (as you should), and a few sets of 5a mods, it only took ~500ish useful gear salvage in total. Depending on your reserves, it could cost anything between 0k - 12k crystals.
  • You could have gotten Darth Revan and JKR as FTP had you been totally on the ball for 3 years and bit the clues from CG on the forums. I am pretty sure Malak would have been unreasonable though with the 17600 thing.

You greatly overestimate the price of getting Malak.
    We've already had the characters, so if you had a few zetas lying around (as you should), and a few sets of 5a mods, it only took ~500ish useful gear salvage in total. Depending on your reserves, it could cost anything between 0k - 12k crystals.

If u didnt gear up carth mission zalbar canderous up for a team with juhani or not i had them all geared up with 3 zetas on the team carth mission and zalbar and all where g12 except carth at g11 so getting malak costed me nothing to get since i all ready had them geared up
  • leef wrote: »

Which Zetas are required for this?
  • leef wrote: »

Which Zetas are required for this?

And which Bounty Hunters?