Raid exclusive gear and other fairy tale creatures

So yeah, after 9 Sith raids and approx. 1 month, trying ranks from last to 12th, I haven't received a single Mk 12 ArmaTek Data Pad Prototype Salvage, which means I've been sitting on 45/50 with my JKR for a long-**** time now. All my guildies have like hundreds of them. I unlocked Traya at 7* and OH joy! she needs those too. I just got a really helpful email response to my ticket, saying that the EA customer service folks can't do anything to ease my pain because the game mechanics are handled by the devs, so, what do you guys think? Have you encountered such problems yourself? Do you feel like it's rewarding to play a game like this? Do you share my absolutely ever-growing enthusiasm for it and feel the same compelling need to play ever forward?

I've been turning questions like these around in my head a lot lately, and now that they have nerfed the older Sith so that meta Malak whales wouldn't stop pouring their money in EA's pockets, I'm really beginning to wonder what the point of wading through this pay-2-win mire ultimately is. One thing is for sure: It's not getting any less hungry. And if the game keeps denying me those Mk 12's a bit longer, my hunger will consume me like it almost did the Lord of Hunger himself, and EA will have lost another customer, and in the case of Luusika, this time for good.

Replies

• Luusika wrote: »
    So yeah, after 9 Sith raids and approx. 1 month, trying ranks from last to 12th, I haven't received a single Mk 12 ArmaTek Data Pad Prototype Salvage, which means I've been sitting on 45/50 with my JKR for a long-**** time now. All my guildies have like hundreds of them. I unlocked Traya at 7* and OH joy! she needs those too. I just got a really helpful email response to my ticket, saying that the EA customer service folks can't do anything to ease my pain because the game mechanics are handled by the devs, so, what do you guys think? Have you encountered such problems yourself? Do you feel like it's rewarding to play a game like this? Do you share my absolutely ever-growing enthusiasm for it and feel the same compelling need to play ever forward?

I've been turning questions like these around in my head a lot lately, and now that they have nerfed the older Sith so that meta Malak whales wouldn't stop pouring their money in EA's pockets, I'm really beginning to wonder what the point of wading through this pay-2-win mire ultimately is. One thing is for sure: It's not getting any less hungry. And if the game keeps denying me those Mk 12's a bit longer, my hunger will consume me like it almost did the Lord of Hunger himself, and EA will have lost another customer, and in the case of Luusika, this time for good.

The rewards were pretty good in the early days. Now that alot of guilds can do the Sith raid the rewards have dropped off in terms of getting what you need.

The game will keep going as new SW movies/games get released. Power creep will get ever so higher so sith raid rewards will barely be relevant. Trays will end up being a 5th tier toon
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    So after 9 Raids, you didn't get any gear that has a 1/6 chance of dropping? The odds don't sound too unreasonable for that. A little unlucky, but certainly not crazy.

If it's so important to you, these gear pieces are now available in the weekly shipments store for lots of crystals. Just save up (or buy some) and use that to purchase the gear. Otherwise...just wait. I wait patiently for a lot of gear to drop from raids.