Grand arena lack of participation.

Paulos999
315 posts Member
edited April 2019
I love Grand arena however so far not one person has even attempted an attack can we not put the rewards back to a full gear piece so people may find some interest again.

A lot of players don’t even bother with mods so that’s not gonna be appealing to them it could be such a great game mode if the rewards were enough to interest people 😩

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I have and do second this. Put Stun Guns or Gold Eyeballs as prizes for the top 2 brackets and participation should increase. Throw in some crystals for good measure.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I have and do second this. Put Stun Guns or Gold Eyeballs as prizes for the top 2 brackets and participation should increase. Throw in some crystals for good measure.

Yep I actually preferred it when it was only on twice a month as the rewards were better and imo the participation was much better, ruins my enjoyment of the game mode when people don’t actually attack.
  • I see this problem when I severely outmatch my opponent. I’ve felt like not trying when my opponent severely outmatches me. Is it the same for you?

Have you thought about it from the opponent’s perspective?

Changing the rewards won’t change their motivation to attack. Knowing that they will lose prior to starting the attack phase is what prevents people from wanting to attack. The game mode doesn’t become more fun when you win a couple matches (and 200k credits) only to get curb stomped anyway...they saw it coming before the match started.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I see this problem when I severely outmatch my opponent. I’ve felt like not trying when my opponent severely outmatches me. Is it the same for you?

Have you thought about it from the opponent’s perspective?
    Been there multiple times. I do whatever I am able to even if I am sure I cannot win.
  • I want my sacrificial lamb! I'm amazed by the number of people with lopsided matches yet still complain.
  • It’s not the rewards that cause lack of participation, it’s lopsided matches. I haven’t been attacked in I don’t even know how long. I’m P2P though. I sooooo far out match my opponents that there is no way they can win. I clear their board shortly after it opens then there really isn’t much point for them to attack. I don’t blame them. Nothing they can do.
  • I want my sacrificial lamb! I'm amazed by the number of people with lopsided matches yet still complain.

I complain because the game mode isn’t fun when people aren’t attacking and making it interesting not all of us want a free pass.

I enjoy playing the game and it being interesting.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The upcomming "grand arena championships" should help. Maybe not with the not participating overall, but players who do participate are more likely to face eachother.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    Time consuming, rewards not very good , often outmatched

Not much in the way of motivation to play really
  • Faffyd wrote: »
    Time consuming, rewards not very good , often outmatched

Not much in the way of motivation to play really

^^^^^ exactly
    When you’re often the underdog, it’s not competition any longer. No wonder folks make no effort and just take the freebie

Matching GP is way too simple for matching players in a game with many complexities.
  • I've started deliberately setting a weak defence (o have every raid/legendary toon/shipbexcept malak at 7* at 2.4mil GP so I outmatch pretty much everyone) and I've noticed that my opponents have attacked me more since then. I went 2 whole GAs without anyone tryng to attack me at all which was boring.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    I've put down a couple of weak squads this time round, as I was probably the strongest in my group, and especially in the first two rounds I faced opponents with rosters full of fluff. I set a couple of weaker squads, so that they could at least get some credits out of it.

It didn't help my second opponent though, he had six attempts at my full gear XII FO squad, and didn't touch the gear VIII Jawa team I'd left for him.
  • I set a couple of weaker squads, so that they could at least get some credits out of it

Thank you on behalf of all the underdogs.
    SEE CG, even winners are finding it sad & predictable!

Matching by GP alone is inadequate
    Give us competition, not walkovers.
  • They should calculate gp like in TW. Discount any character gp below 6000 and not punish players who are collectors

I suggest 2 versions of GA: I ranked version and ranked