Kit Rework: Ahsoka Tano

Replies

• Aydnie wrote: »
    I like this. Ahsoka was even bad for a filler, now she looks like a fine pick for lesser tasks.

What are you saying ? Ahsoka was one of the best jedis and now she is totally useless without kenobi and anakin, and in the road ahead they say they want to respect past investments...

7srlxdfm25ew.jpg
    Now I will just have to carry 20 000 useless galactic power through all GAs, and my jedi squad doesnt exist anymore

She lost the heal on the basic but got the ability to clear buffs off the enemy and clense debuffs on herself and another her special still heals but can hit more times if with anakin/gk probably will hit just as hard so only a buff and dont forget the 20% protection up also now. Her unique is way better now she gets guaranteed buffs and are higher with crit immunity instead of starting off snd getting crited and loosing the buffs she dosent loose them now so its better yes needs anakin so what mskes since just get ur anakin up and ur good
  • After the rework, which characters would be best for the 4th and 5th slot?
  • After the rework, which characters would be best for the 4th and 5th slot?

Barris, plo koon, rex lead?, r2, fives unfkder gk lead as a 2nd tank, qui-gon lead

Theres a few option and possible 3 leaders
  • HondoOhnaka83
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    After the rework, which characters would be best for the 4th and 5th slot?

Barris, plo koon, rex lead?, r2, fives unfkder gk lead as a 2nd tank, qui-gon lead

Theres a few option and possible 3 leaders

Options galore!

"So many options, Balmorran trip mines, Gormak turrets, neurotoxins from Quesh..."

Olok the Shadow
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    I like this. Ahsoka was even bad for a filler, now she looks like a fine pick for lesser tasks.

What are you saying ? Ahsoka was one of the best jedis and now she is totally useless without kenobi and anakin, and in the road ahead they say they want to respect past investments...

7srlxdfm25ew.jpg
    Now I will just have to carry 20 000 useless galactic power through all GAs, and my jedi squad doesnt exist anymore

She lost the heal on the basic but got the ability to clear buffs off the enemy and clense debuffs on herself and another her special still heals but can hit more times if with anakin/gk probably will hit just as hard so only a buff and dont forget the 20% protection up also now. Her unique is way better now she gets guaranteed buffs and are higher with crit immunity instead of starting off snd getting crited and loosing the buffs she dosent loose them now so its better yes needs anakin so what mskes since just get ur anakin up and ur good

Her basic heal was really great. I will really miss that.
    And she is totally useless without anakin, cause she only gets crit immune with anakin on the team
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    now so its better yes needs anakin so what mskes since just get ur anakin up and ur good

First, the way you write reflects the way you think, secondly, I do not want to spend anything to anakin, this is the problem, I have other characters to gear up than him, and his farm is long, I have other priorities
  • Aydnie wrote: »

7srlxdfm25ew.jpg

And she is totally useless without anakin, cause she only gets crit immune with anakin on the team

If u use gk and gmy she can still to give u a chanes to get crit immunity or stesl it off the opponent side and spread it so not impossible but definitely harder to do or do jolee so when she dies revive her and get crit immunity for 5 turns theres other ways for sure
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @kyno this and the Kenobi rework thread aren't being stickied to the top of the Recent Discussions section like most Dev Posts. Any chance that can be fixed so we don't have to hunt?
  • Roksteady
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    After the rework, which characters would be best for the 4th and 5th slot?

C3PO should be a definite. R2 or GMY is the best option at 5th probably.

Also, Ahsoka's basic with that buff & debuff removal on a crit is going to be crazy useful if she is assisting all of the time. It's the only reason I'm leaning towards GMY as the 5th because R2's zeta might be redundant. That and the fact that Ahsoka is going to be assisting on all of GMY's specials.

Prediction: C3PO is going to make this team absurdly good. Probably not meta, but definitely terrifying to face:
    1. You will still get an attack on C3PO's turn courtesy of Ahsoka. Possibly two from her if she has translate.
    2. If they get enough translations, then Ahsoka and JKA will be able to use their specials more frequently because their cooldowns are staying at 3.
    3. On top of the defense penetration that intermediary gives, GR allies gain an additional protection up when they get a non-unique buff.
    Post edited by Roksteady on
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

7srlxdfm25ew.jpg

@Aydnie You realise she only gets crit immunity when Anakin is present in her current kit too don't you?

As to your previous comments calling her one of the best jedi, with her current kit she doesn't even make the top ten. This rework is definitely an improvement and moves here up those ranks a bit.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2019

7srlxdfm25ew.jpg

Well the nice thing (besides the fact that she got other goodies on basic) is her 35% health steal which will heal her a ton since she is being given the ability to do constant free assists.

Also, didn't she only get crit immunity with Anakin before? That hasn't changed. What has changed is that if she was critically hit a few times before she lost all her bonuses. Now she will never get to a point where she's missing all of them, she can have actually better bonuses, and was even given a new one... in addition to the massive annihilate special attack she now has.

She's going to be 5 times the damage dealer compared to the trash she was before. I have had her at gear 11 for about 2 years and literally haven't used her for more than a year. Not even once. Despite the fact that she's one of my favorite SW characters. I'm hyped she won't be worthless anymore.
  • stohelit wrote: »
    Unique: Daring Padawan
    FINAL TEXT (ZETA):
    If the ally leader is Galactic Republic, Ahsoka is called to assist whenever another Galactic Republic ally uses a Special ability.

Speculation - maybe they are going to make ally's available in some new part of content (e.g. in the next TB map). Otherwise it is hard to see why the last part is limited only to the ally leader, and not the regular leader. (Or maybe just a typo.)

Currently ally's are pretty much moot for late game players. Might be interesting to make them relevant. Would have to start thinking about 6 person squads and dual lead synergies.
    (e.g. pair Old Ben lead with Ahsoka ally lead. Twice as hard to hit, and gain 50% TM.)

Ally refears to the other 4 characters in the team as they are that characters allies

Maybe.
    Other ability descriptions just say leader, or leader slot (e.g. Bastila/Fallen bastila), or (in the case of bounty hunters) "in the leader slot and not the ally slot."
    So it could just be unclear writing, or it could be something else.
  • stohelit wrote: »
    stohelit wrote: »
    Unique: Daring Padawan
    FINAL TEXT (ZETA):
    If the ally leader is Galactic Republic, Ahsoka is called to assist whenever another Galactic Republic ally uses a Special ability.

Speculation - maybe they are going to make ally's available in some new part of content (e.g. in the next TB map). Otherwise it is hard to see why the last part is limited only to the ally leader, and not the regular leader. (Or maybe just a typo.)

Currently ally's are pretty much moot for late game players. Might be interesting to make them relevant. Would have to start thinking about 6 person squads and dual lead synergies.
    (e.g. pair Old Ben lead with Ahsoka ally lead. Twice as hard to hit, and gain 50% TM.)

Ally refears to the other 4 characters in the team as they are that characters allies

Maybe.
    Other ability descriptions just say leader, or leader slot (e.g. Bastila/Fallen bastila), or (in the case of bounty hunters) "in the leader slot and not the ally slot."
    So it could just be unclear writing, or it could be something else.

No. Its clear to everyone, except you.
    Check out vader's unique, traya's unique, dn's unique, sion's unique etc. Theres nothing new in referring to allies.
  • magic_
    23 posts Member
    I think it is absolutely ridiculous that this horrible jedi in the phantom menace is getting such a bad rework. How can you make a bad character worse. All I want is a useable snips but you insist on taking all of the fun out of the game. I spent the time, money, resources, credits and gear just to get her all of the way up to gear 8. This is so dumb and I insist on a crystal refund! Who else agrees? Revert please.
  • Drugs are bad...
  • Ummm you read the new kit right? She’s going to be really good in the trio and is far superior than before.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Could be more plausible if you didn't claim that G8 is a big deal. 2/10, bad troll attempt.
  • magic_ wrote: »
    I think it is absolutely ridiculous that this horrible jedi in the phantom menace is getting such a bad rework. How can you make a bad character worse. All I want is a useable snips but you insist on taking all of the fun out of the game. I spent the time, money, resources, credits and gear just to get her all of the way up to gear 8. This is so dumb and I insist on a crystal refund! Who else agrees? Revert please.

So no reworks at ever? Anyone can say they spent money to gear a toon cause they like the character so it dosent make since to do it if ut was a good viable arena toon then yes depending on how it affects the toon overal
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    magic_ wrote: »

You use her now? :/

• How is the rework making her less fun? she'll be way more fun now. Also if you are worried about a wasted whopping gear 8 investment, you are playing the wrong game.
  • magic_
    23 posts Member
    Jeric wrote: »

You use her now? :/

Yes. I use her in arena with rex lead, wampa, snips, grand master yoda and palpatine!
  • magic_
    23 posts Member
    How is the rework making her less fun? she'll be way more fun now. Also if you are worried about a wasted whopping gear 8 investment, you are playing the wrong game.

I am not worried about my g8 investment, for I have been playing the game for like 6 months and have my rex at gear 9, and a bunch of other gear 8s. I am worried that one of my favorite toons is getting nerfed by CG and no one will address it...
  • Its not a nerf shes getting way better
  • Also using her without anakin even before the buff was not a good idea csuse she lost all her unique buffs from being crited while anakin helped her unique to stay active longer
  • magic_
    23 posts Member
    Its not a nerf shes getting way better

How? Her heal on her basic is getting taken away and only assists if you have a perfect team of 5, and if she assists then she will get counter attacked and just die faster. I don't understand why no one see's that now she is getting super vulnerable...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    How is the rework making her less fun? she'll be way more fun now. Also if you are worried about a wasted whopping gear 8 investment, you are playing the wrong game.

I am not worried about my g8 investment, for I have been playing the game for like 6 months and have my rex at gear 9, and a bunch of other gear 8s. I am worried that one of my favorite toons is getting nerfed by CG and no one will address it...

In case you are actually serious, no, she isn't getting nerfed. Dispel on basic that goes through foresight is huge, and if you combine it with the assist, it means that no buffs will ever stay on the enemies. That's worth it over some measly heal.
    And she won't get countered on assist. They removed that ages ago.

How? Her heal on her basic is getting taken away and only assists if you have a perfect team of 5, and if she assists then she will get counter attacked and just die faster. I don't understand why no one see's that now she is getting super vulnerable...

She can still heal with her special and already has pretty high health steal. Now she’s getting a cleanse on her basic, so losing the extra healing isn’t too bad. You can’t be counter attacked if called to assist, so no need to worry about that.

Assists dont get counter attacked for 1 and its probably the zeta ability for it while only needing a gr lead ( rex lead is a GR toon) and her heal on the basic was pathetic especially compared to dispelling all buff on the enemy and on a crit clears debuffs off u and another GR ally which is amazing for a basic her heal gives protection up and heals and can probably 1 shot most toons if anakin and gk are in the team i seem 25-45 crits with mine and hitting someone with 3 hits is going to hurt or kill a toon her unique buffs dont go away when shes crit but gets stronger with crit avoidance which she can keep up alot
  • magic_
    23 posts Member

She can still heal with her special and already has pretty high health steal. Now she’s getting a cleanse on her basic, so losing the extra healing isn’t too bad. You can’t be counter attacked if called to assist, so no need to worry about that.

But, she assists on her basic, meaning that she removes the buffs and then someone like bobba fett can not execute and deal more damage. Most buffs on the other team don't really matter other than like advantage or occasionally defense up or foresight can be annoying so I'm not too worried about removing buffs. The heal on her basic was the main heal for my team in order to keep them alive against all of the vader leads in arena.
  • Man...this reads a heck of a lot like a post the mods took down this morning... @Aydnie is that you?

Guysss...stop feeding the troll...