Which is worth more banners...winning battle undermanned or winning battle with full health/prot?

Pretty much as the title suggests...

I was facing a GA opponent who basically went all offense as his strategy. I cleared his defense very easily. However, he assumed I would be able to clear his defense. His strategy was assuming that I would and in turn looking to clear my defense but doing so in a manner that would gain more banners.

So looking at this scenario, when choosing my battle, does it make more sense to go into a battle with less characters and winning or going in way OP and winning with full prot/health? I couldn't find anywhere showing exactly how the banner point system was tallied.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• WitnessedJarl
    257 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    depends a bit on if you can win with less character and still have full h/p.

going with 5 into battle and finish full h/p is 60 pts
    going with 4 into battle and finish full h/p is 61 pts
    going with 3 into battle and finish full h/p is 62 pts
    going with 2 into battle and finish full h/p is 63 pts
    going with 1 into battle and finish full h/p is 64 pts

basically if you win 1st time you get 45 points
    for each characters that you used that survived you get 1 point extra
    then you get an extra 1 point for each character at full health
    another extra 1 point for each character at full protection
    each unused slot gives you 4 points (basically 1 for survive unit 1 for full health 1 for full protection and another fur the empty slot)

you can also find this ingame when you click on the zone and then click on the i in the top right corner

z7ynah9p3ii3.jpg

hope this helps you understand it a bit
  • Options
    Thanks man that was perfect. Appreciate you taking the time to put that together!
  • Options
    To add on to this, remember that when using fewer units, you are also more likely to get hit (lose prot/health). For instance, you may choose to use 2 units instead of 5, but the enemy may now use an aoe attack against you making you lose 2 points from lost protection. You’ll just have to weigh those options for each battle.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    In general I find that unless somebody puts a truly rubbish team on D, I net more banners by taking in a full team and just soundly crushing them than I do when I try to underman it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png