Malak Missed Opportunity

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
It confuses me how CG would release the ultimate paywall character yet not sell GET packs to increase their profits. I mean if people are gonna whale out on Malak they definitely would spend money to 7* him.

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    My guild has 12 Malak. Two guys spent $20 to get him, one other player occasionally spends, and might have bought crystals, but I'm not sure. The other 9 spent $0. Of the 12, maybe 1-2 of them would be willing to spend money on GET to speed up the grind to 7*.

I'm 100% certain that EA has done the data analytics on the players likely to get Malak, and which ones could already get him to 7*, and of the ones who didn't have enough GET saved, which ones were likely to spend money. If there's not a pack offered, it's because they think they can make more money without the pack.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    They are also very efficiently draining resources from hoarders. Between grevious, Darth Revan, HK, Malak and all their supporting chars w/ their Zetas and G12 you need for Arena I've got almost nothing left. Even my stash of GEC currency is lower than I like. Now when the next meta hits it will be hard to react w/out coughing up some $$.

I probably won't zeta any of the new reworks just for this reason ... well at least until I have sufficient stores built up again. That actually will force a bit of diversity in GA/TW at least. People that didn't get Malak and Revan can make some new fun teams of Galactic Republic and Seps with the zetas and gear they didn't spend.

Like Darth Micro said, whales spend no matter what so now they are looking to see how much they can squeeze the light spenders before they break.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Kurrgan wrote: »
    They are also very efficiently draining resources from hoarders. Between grevious, Darth Revan, HK, Malak and all their supporting chars w/ their Zetas and G12 you need for Arena I've got almost nothing left. Even my stash of GEC currency is lower than I like. Now when the next meta hits it will be hard to react w/out coughing up some $$.

I probably won't zeta any of the new reworks just for this reason ... well at least until I have sufficient stores built up again. That actually will force a bit of diversity in GA/TW at least. People that didn't get Malak and Revan can make some new fun teams of Galactic Republic and Seps with the zetas and gear they didn't spend.

Like Darth Micro said, whales spend no matter what so now they are looking to see how much they can squeeze the light spenders before they break.

This, totally this. My stash is super low right now. I had 69k GET saved up, and now I have a 7* maxed Malak, but I have 439 GET. I'm almost out of stun cuffs and stun guns, and I only have 1-2 of several other gear types. I'm hoping they give us a "break" so I can regenerate some of my stash. I'm going to start using crystals to replenish gear over the next couple of weeks, but there's nothing I can do for GET besides save up for the next 3-4 months to get back up....and now I'll probably target a 150k hoard.
  • I think they're intentionally draining GET currency from whales and dolphins (at GET store is the only place other than shipments to get G12 pieces) so that they have to spend real money on G12 (as those packs are incredibly expensive). It's a long-term plan.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    GET is about guild participation...which means people are gearing and leveling toons to maximize payouts in TB and TW...that is profit generating.

It also makes 6 and 7 star Malak harder to get...giving those whales/krakens more exclusivity and ability to use Malak while non-whales/kraken struggle to get there. It's no different than CG releasing Traya through a raid.
  • With the launch of a new territory Battle - It helps encourage participation.
  • Kurrgan wrote: »

+1.
    Ive got everything, but this basically took all my gear and crystal reserve (over 35k crystals used) .

Whatever new characters/ships are coming, im not going to be able to afford them.
  • New territory, means new GET toons. Drain the hoarded stash, then they wont max new toon quickly. While those who dont have malak this go hoard for him next time and wont max new toon.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    imagine the posts if they did actually sell GET
    MONEY GRAB, ONLY FOR WHALES, etc etc
    No matter what they do, leave it up to the community to give it a negative spin ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    imagine the posts if they did actually sell GET
    MONEY GRAB, ONLY FOR WHALES, etc etc
    No matter what they do, leave it up to the community to give it a negative spin ;)

Yea for sure everyone else who didnt buy would complain about it