Yoda is so good that it's becoming a problem.

Yoda is the best Jedi in the game, he makes Jedi squads work with his awesome kit. The problem is that he is so good that he is irreplaceable. With the recent rework of the big 3 of the galactic republic I was looking at possible galactic republic squads that could be competitive in the game. The challenge is how to use Yoda, in TW or Arena it's a big challenge to decide where he fits the best. If you use him with Revan then your Republic team will struggle, if you use him with Republic then Revan will no longer be the second best squad in the game. Sometimes I wish we had 2 Yodas because without him any Jedi based squad is almost useless. We either need a character with similar kit (decent damage and buff copy/spreading) or Jedi will be limited to only one powerful squad for these events. Could Padmee be the character who fills that role? Perhaps a Jedi character? All I know that we need it.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't they just say that they are gonna be releasing clone wars content? Maybe your GR character will come from there.

And, we've always been limited by great characters we can only use once. Thrawn fits almost everywhere. BB8 is great for droids, but leaves JTR in the dirt. Scroundrels can't have solo + chewie because Rebels have them. R2 is tossed between rebels and resistance. So on so forth.
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    Options
    You'll just have to make a choice. Dark Bastila works best with Darth Revan, but makes Traya and EP teams pretty awesome as well. GK is similar where you could want him on a lot of teams.

In the end, you just have to decide what gives you the best teams for the specific event. Jedi have always needed more damage though. You have GMY doing premier damage, Revan, Bastila & Ezra doing OK damage, but then most everyone else doing damage that was so so in the early days of the game and just plain useless in today's game. Anakin is close, and his touchup removed a bit of his weakness, but he's still pretty subpar for damage. This is why most Jedi leaders have to have "Adds 2000% Offense" to be at all viable.