Yoda still inconsistently copying "invisible" or "phantom" buffs!

Skye
795 posts Member
This one is still very hard to track because there is zero consistency in it!

The other day I was using Yoda's masterstroke to take out a two low health enemies in a jedi team which had no buffs up at the time... Yet somehow it copies "critical up"... I don't recall the full composition of the team, all I remember was it contained Yoda, QGJ and Luminara... none of which naturally generate the critical up buff from their own powers... Neither did my team have any capacity to generate critical up.

I don't normally use this attack unless there are buffs on the enemy team... So it makes it a bit hard to track when if ever Yoda still copies "invisible" or "phantom" buffs

I've not seen the AI when using Yoda ever copy an invisible or phantom buff from my team. However I have seen this happen a few times when I attack a group which has no visible buffs with Masterstroke... Yoda will occasionally return with an offense up buff... and again from groups that have no normal way of generating that particular buff through their abilities. Except one case involving Dooku.

In the droid challenge, I noticed Yoda will copy increase health and crit chance up from the second stage which contained two IG-86, royal guard, nightsister acolyte and a mob enforcer! I'll link a screenshot once I can upload it somewhere public
Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• I have found this happens related to the leader skills that affect all allies whether on your squad or opposing teams, but othwise wouldn't visually express. There are certain leader skill synergies that Yoda will both steal and buff every time. I've used this with consistency for dodge, offense up, and critical up. Seems character specific though.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    I have found this happens related to the leader skills that affect all allies whether on your squad or opposing teams, but othwise wouldn't visually express. There are certain leader skill synergies that Yoda will both steal and buff every time. I've used this with consistency for dodge, offense up, and critical up. Seems character specific though.

That I don't know, most of the people I attack in the arena use mostly sidious, phasma or QGJ... like I said I rarely use the ability unless there are buffs up on the opponent so I don't know... The training droid challenge is very consistent with showing the bug...

In the Arena occasionally I see a Ackbar or some other leader beyond the more frequent three I mentioned above... but they're often copying buffs that aren't normal for the any of that group...

Like crit chance from a jedi group.. I'm scratching my head wondering which named jedi even has crit chance up anywhere?

The one time I took notice of copying an invisible offense buff.. no one on that that enemy team could generate such a buff BUT dooku, and only if he was in the leadership role which he wasn't for that group. I just have to keep better track of when the buffs are being copied.. but the countdown in the arena usually makes that less of a priority most of the time... and I usually forget afterwards...

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I think it's because the AI is secretly given buffs that make them stronger in Arena GW or events. I've went against easy teams far weaker than my own yet have my butt handed to me with no silver plater.
  • This is being fixed in tomorrows update. Hope that helps.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Ravenclaw wrote: »
    I think it's because the AI is secretly given buffs that make them stronger in Arena GW or events. I've went against easy teams far weaker than my own yet have my butt handed to me with no silver plater.

If you are judging by power ratings, this isn't a reliable way of telling a group is weaker than yours... power rating doesn't take into account ability levels or the synergy of the group

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »

cheers BentWookie.. probably best to lock this thread than as it's likely to be out of date when the update hits.. If the issue remains I'll throw a new thread iin the bugs forum

• Thanks for letting us know. .
  • Still not fixed. Yoda constantly steals offense up from my rg when there is no nothing to steal
  • I've seen Yoda use masterstroke, and gain a whole slew of buffs that were not active on any of my toons, on many occassions. When this happens, it's a sure loss.

Definately not fixed.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • baevar
    53 posts Member
    Can confirm this is not fixed, went to steal evasion from Luminara today with Yoda and happily came home with offense up too even though nobody had that. She did however previously dodge a QGJ buff dispel that would have given me offense up, just on the off chance that helps nail down the bug.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Right now Yoda will copy offense from a dooku team even if none of them has the offense buff when he begins the attack... He will always gain it if one of Dooku's team evades and gains the buff, yoda will also gain it!