Alternative Anakin build inside!

Bora
440 posts Member
Hey guys/gals, I just ran out of things to do in game for today so I was wondering if this team could be something working for pvp:

Qui-gon (L)
Anakin
Maul
Yoda
Royal Guard/Poe

Any thoughs?
Res non verba

Replies

• Von
    119 posts Member
    Try Teebo (L), Rey, Anakin, Elder, Old Daka.
    That 90% boost going to go crazy.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Von wrote: »
    Try Teebo (L), Rey, Anakin, Elder, Old Daka.
    That 90% boost going to go crazy.

Mmhh.. Why do you value stealth mess from Teebo for this build?
    Res non verba
  • Von
    119 posts Member
    Because it gives uncertainty to enemy in defense. They would want to target your Rey or Elder first or any char but Teebo could give that exact char stealth. Making them choose the wrong char. One wrong choice and there pretty much doomed. Even if they did get to target the right one you could always revive and it might go to stealth as well. Also Elder works great with Teebo.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Von wrote: »
    Because it gives uncertainty to enemy in defense. They would want to target your Rey or Elder first or any char but Teebo could give that exact char stealth. Making them choose the wrong char. One wrong choice and there pretty much doomed. Even if they did get to target the right one you could always revive and it might go to stealth as well. Also Elder works great with Teebo.

Did you try it?
    Res non verba
  • Aniken lead yoda qgj rey Poe/rg
    Seen it and lost to it, lots of people use anakin in my server he's really good
  • @Von have you tried this strategy out already? It is an interesting twist if it works.

@Bora It is actually a very interesting combination. They are all pretty fierce once they are maxed. It would be an intimidating attack squad. The downside is that out of these choices all but RG are rather easy to take out. You only have one character with taunt and no healer. You'll probably be able to make them awesome with strategic playing, but I fear that you'll drop quite a few ranks in between if you face a fast enemy squad. Try it out in GW before Arena. Retreating will be a valuable learning tool for you to figure out how they work best together. I'd love to hear how it works out if you do it. :)
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    LunaMaat wrote: »
    @Bora It is actually a very interesting combination. They are all pretty fierce once they are maxed. It would be an intimidating attack squad. The downside is that out of these choices all but RG are rather easy to take out. You only have one character with taunt and no healer. You'll probably be able to make them awesome with strategic playing, but I fear that you'll drop quite a few ranks in between if you face a fast enemy squad. Try it out in GW before Arena. Retreating will be a valuable learning tool for you to figure out how they work best together. I'd love to hear how it works out if you do it. :)

The point of the build is actually to make losses somewhat sustainable/functional due to Anakin unique, my doubt lays in what status effect is stackable.. Will Anakin OU stack with an AoE OU provided by Qui-gon/himself? If it does Ani could be a force to be reckoned with.
    It is also quite probable he'll be targeted for at least third due to royal guard/Poe taunt and the fact that nobody will likely let Rey/Qui-gon running free. Besides we all know how bad AI plays Yoda, nonetheless I personally don't think it is affordable to let him running and jumping all over for more than 1-2 turns.
    Anyway I still cannot afford such a build, but since I'm very likely to start farming for it, i'd like to hear from you if it has any particular vulnerability that I couldn't find!
    Duh, I forgot my own build while writing, read Maul instead of Rey!
    Post edited by Bora on
    Res non verba
  • Offense up does not stack
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Aniken lead yoda qgj rey Poe/rg
    Seen it and lost to it, lots of people use anakin in my server he's really good

That's because they are exploiting a bug with Yoda that should have been fixed by now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    @Qeltar doesn't it happen only with Anakin leading?
    BTW I wanted to seize the opportunity to tell you i do really appreciate your speeches aaand since you're here would you mind to share any consideration about my build? ;)
    Res non verba
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @bleeaauuh i'm going to take blame from OP for going OT but..
    first: thank you for sharing
    second: how are things going with our guild? I must admit that I'm missing from our forum from a couple of weeks..
    Res non verba
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It happens with other leaders as well. It's just pretty devastating with Anakin as lead. However, with Jinn not in the leader slot Dooku goes before Yoda so it can be shut down unless you are unlucky.
    Not sure what to say about this build. I don't think Anakin's unique is so great as to justify building a team around. I don't have much experience with Maul either, I don't have him and nobody on my shard uses him.
    That said, it does look pretty dangerous. I like the idea that if you finish off someone Anakin gets a free turn and if you don't, RG activates. I'd definitely use RG in this build.
    It's not really that different from my current team except I have GS instead of Maul and where you have Anakin+RG/Poe I use various combinations of Lumi, Anakin, RG and Dooku. I left RG in overnight to see if he would help me hold rank, but he didn't. There's nothing on AI that top teams can't beat. Even cruddy Sid/Phasma/Kylo teams that I can practically auto through on offense can beat me when I am on defense. All that really matters in high end PvP is who spends the most time and crystals. Even the megawhale teams with maxed out Rey, RG and Rex can be beaten (I even did so myself yesterday).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Pretty discouraging, nonetheless true. Well I think I'll go for it anyway.. Nothing to lose, right? Just I'll sub Maul with Rey/Geo since I don't plan to gamble on chromium for him.
    Res non verba
  • Bora wrote: »
    Pretty discouraging, nonetheless true. Well I think I'll go for it anyway.. Nothing to lose, right? Just I'll sub Maul with Rey/Geo since I don't plan to gamble on chromium for him.
    Geo is still fast