What would you spend on?

LukeDukem8
608 posts Member
edited April 2019
Its hard to get excited for a new character that CG creates when you get 1 to 3 shards per day on 2 to 3 sim refreshes. Taking 4 to 12 months to just star a character in a collection game is crazy to me. I have already seen 3 ppl quit due to the hard node change alone, and to honest i am closer to quitting than spending money.

There has to be a better way where CG can earn there money, at a faster collection pace. Just wondering if there was anything the f2p community would spend money on in this game? Content, gear, raids, mods, currency, cheaper crystals.

Replies

• elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    A subscription model I'd pay for,

£10 a month for some nice QoL improvements - then scale the game to be able perform well with the rewards given/limitations removed.

- Add in cosmetic gear for the whales (skins, portraits, lightsaber colours etc)
    - Reduce release cadence so whales get exclusive period (in shop paid for with $$$ - no pretense that it's anything other than a direct purchase) then it goes fp2 friendly to farm.

- Remove excessive gear roadblocks (Stun guns, Carbantis) as a result of subscription (increased challenge rewards, ability mats, omegas & better gear).

Otherwise I'm not spending anything, I've lost trust in CG to stick with the rules they set out & expect them to add in new paywalls at the drop at a hat (like the new gear).

On that note, with the money they are making.

Full client update - SwGoH 2.0 (improved graphics, new client everything) - EvE online has managed it multiple times without costing people £1000's.
  • I second the subscription, though I'd pitch nearer to £5 for a mobile game. I fear we are too far down the rabbit hole now though
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    I would, and have, paid for plenty of things. Including some whaling out to get Darth Revan. They rewarded me by making him irrelevant almost immediately afterwards, and offering something that would have cost a ludicrous amount more to even have a chance of making him relevant again.

Lesson learned. What will I spend on? Tangible goods, and services from vendors who demonstrate appreciation for my patronage.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    If they brought back the monthly 30-days-of-crystals thing I'd consider it.

After the Malak release I'm not spending on anything else for a good long time though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The $10/mo crystal subscription was a good way to pull revenue from players that would rather play for free than to buy anything from the crystal store.
  • I need about $2000 USD worth of crystals just to clear my backlog of stun guns/golden eyeball.

I'd pay $5. Otherwise I'll just clear it in 10 years or so
  • i learnt my lesson with this game years ago, I would not pay a cent for anything no matter how great of a "deal" it was
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    freemium games are almost always too expensive for what you get in return imo and if they weren't p2p would be rampant so spending little would most likely be futile. No money from me i guess.
    As for subscribtion based, it's too late for that now.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I’d pay $6.99 per month to watch Mandalorian, Clones Wars, and the new Cassian Andor Series.
  • i learnt my lesson with this game years ago, I would not pay a cent for anything no matter how great of a "deal" it was

I completely disagree. I'd pay 1¢ for a vault of crystals. Heck... I'd even buy 2 or 3 vaults... maybe more at that rate. :tongue:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ