Requesting a G12+ gear refund for Sith Assassin.

Prev1
Crackling_Doom
979 posts Member
edited April 2019
I maxed her out and gave her G12 and G12+ gear before we were told that she would, basically, become useless once Malak's Gnawing Terror unique was updated.

It's not fair to those that were mislead by CG into thinking she would be viable with Darth Revan meta and now I'm requesting my gear back. That was literally the only reason I fully maxed her out and I'm sure I'm not the only one. G12+ gear is the hardest to come by and I only give it to characters for a very good reason (such as arena viability). She is now no longer viable against any teams with Darth Malak present (thanks for that, CG).

Edit: For the record, I fully maxed out Sith Assassin 2 days after unlocking Darth Revan (and I got him day 1).
Post edited by Crackling_Doom on

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Malak came on Friday and was marked for an update and the change was announced on Monday. Gearing SA at this point is like gearing a team and then a marquee counter toon is released the next day

You don’t deserve a refund and you can still use her in other teams and in ships
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    No.

Have a nice day!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Ok but why do you deserve a refund for a toon coming out that counters that

I have a g12 Rex and the release of Enfys Nest made his lead useless. Do you think I should get a gear refund for that?

I have a g12 KRU and Kylo Ren who cannot stun Sith Empire under Darth Revan, should I get refunded for that too?

You can still run Sith Assassin in multiple teams in Grand Arena and against teams that don’t have Darth Malak
  • I'm requesting a refund for gearing QGJ. Hes been useless after his meta ended.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I have a g12 Rex and the release of Enfys Nest made his lead useless. Do you think I should get a gear refund for that?

I have a g12 KRU and Kylo Ren who cannot stun Sith Empire under Darth Revan, should I get refunded for that too?

You can still run Sith Assassin in multiple teams in Grand Arena and against teams that don’t have Darth Malak

It's all explained in my original post. Like I said, please don't waste my time with your useless posts.

Ultra is putting up some good points. Anyone who has received a counter could be refunded if your argument was sustained. And because Sith Assassin is not forced to be on a DR/DM team, there are other uses and therefore your investment is still worth something. Doom you’ve been here awhile, you should know that CG likes to create counters that make some decisions unfortunate. It’s how it goes, and it doesn’t warrant a refund. You just made a poor decision.
  • Please don't waste my time with your useless posts.

• Put your sith assassin on your traya squad and watch as your sion, nihilus and traya go first allowing you to 100% win traya mirrors in GA/TW

She's very useful and still brings on that first opener allowing you to win on offense no problem but under a Traya lead mirror

a7rk3kduetkh.jpg
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nihion wrote: »

It's all explained in my original post. Like I said, please don't waste my time with your useless posts.

Ultra is putting up some good points. Anyone who has received a counter could be refunded if your argument was sustained. And because Sith Assassin is not forced to be on a DR/DM team, there are other uses and therefore your investment is still worth something. Doom you’ve been here awhile, you should know that CG likes to create counters that make some decisions unfortunate. It’s how it goes, and it doesn’t warrant a refund. You just made a poor decision.

Except he isn't.

None of the reasons he provided are comparable.

None of those teams he listed were meta. None of them were marketed by CG as meta.

Since CG claimed Sith Assassin will have synergy with Darth Revan and he will be meta, many people (myself included) have maxed her out for the SOLE reason of her being meta. With Malak's rework that neutralizes Palpatine lead, Darth Maul lead, Darth Nihilus unique, Sith Marauder unique and Sith Assassin's special, she is no longer viable in the meta. Therefore, my gear on her was wasted and I'm not happy about it.

Rather than just complaining about it, I'm taking action and requesting my gear back.

They will say no. Same thing happened with GG and gang. Is misleading your customer moral? No. Can you win with legal action claiming that they stole around 10(?) dollars of investment due to misinformation? Probably not. So I wouldn’t expect that gear.

Just use her somewhere else. Don’t ask someone else to make your purchase worth it; do that yourself by using her.

P.S.: I should also mention that she was only shown as having some synergy with Revan. She was not mentioned anywhere as having a good synergy with Malak, who you could’ve assumed was coming after the DR event.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Except he isn't.

None of those teams he listed were meta. None of them were marketed by CG as meta.

Since CG claimed Sith Assassin will have synergy with Darth Revan and he will be meta, many people (myself included) have maxed her out for the SOLE reason of her being meta. With Malak's rework that neutralizes Palpatine lead, Darth Maul lead, Darth Nihilus unique, Sith Marauder unique and Sith Assassin's special, she is no longer viable in the meta. Therefore, my gear on her was wasted and I'm not happy about it.

Rather than just complaining about it, I'm taking action and requesting my gear back.

They will say no. Same thing happened with GG and gang. Is misleading your customer moral? No. Can you win with legal action claiming that they stole around 10(?) dollars of investment due to misinformation? Probably not. So I wouldn’t expect that gear.

Just use her somewhere else. Don’t ask someone else to make your purchase worth it; do that yourself by using her.

It's worth a shot to ask.

I'm not one to be messed over and just accept it. CG made a mistake and I'm the one paying for it. This is unacceptable and bad decision making on their end.

That’s fine, but I’m just saying, it might do you more of a disservice to yourself by making this bigger than it is. How much real currency do you think was “wasted” in the transaction?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

Except he isn't.

I'm not one to be messed over and just accept it. CG made a mistake and I'm the one paying for it. This is unacceptable and bad decision making on their end.

Is it though?
    r6xyy8o5eck9.png
  • Put your sith assassin on your traya squad and watch as your sion, nihilus and traya go first allowing you to 100% win traya mirrors in GA/TW

She's very useful and still brings on that first opener allowing you to win on offense no problem but under a Traya lead mirror

a7rk3kduetkh.jpg
    You're missing the point.

I already do well in Grand Arena. I only ever lost 1 match (and that was due to my error). TW is a similar story but that's not why I made this thread.

I maxed out Sith Assassin SOLELY for the reason that she was marketed as the new arena meta with Darth Revan synergy. That now no longer applies.

I would agree with this post if sith assassin was marketed on this but clearly they didn't since they were already looking into making it so she wasn't necessary to have

v83tjd9fvgzs.gif
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Put your sith assassin on your traya squad and watch as your sion, nihilus and traya go first allowing you to 100% win traya mirrors in GA/TW

a7rk3kduetkh.jpg

I already do well in Grand Arena. I only ever lost 1 match (and that was due to my error). TW is a similar story but that's not why I made this thread.

I maxed out Sith Assassin SOLELY for the reason that she was marketed as the new arena meta with Darth Revan synergy. That now no longer applies.

I would agree with this post if sith assassin was marketed on this but clearly they didn't since they were already looking into making it so she wasn't necessary to have

v83tjd9fvgzs.gif

Not going to get involved with the refund aspect the OP's post, but you have the wrong image here. The OP said about SA being marketed as having synergy with DARTH REVAN, not Malak.
    8wsu6zgxx0g1.jpg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Won't happen. I already asked if I could get the two G12+ pieces back and the only thing I got offered was 100 crystals (both G12+ having a shop value of 13.000).
    CG has decided that Malak cripples his own comrades (SE) as collateral dmg with this sith TM shutdown because it was the easiest and quickest fix that came to their mind. It's lazy, it's insulting (for those that geared up SA after DRs release to allow a more tankier BSF and compensate speed disadvantages), it's stupid.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

a7rk3kduetkh.jpg

v83tjd9fvgzs.gif

Not going to get involved with the refund aspect the OP's post, but you have the wrong image here. The OP said about SA being marketed as having synergy with DARTH REVAN, not Malak.
    8wsu6zgxx0g1.jpg

Yeah that's two different team setups

That's like me asking for a refund in gear on JKR because his direct focus assist is shutdown when used on DR or asking for a GMY refund because his TM gain is shutdown by HK47

I know it sucks but it is two different team makeups. I would sided with a refund if it had shown sith assassin synergy with malak
  • CG never markets anything as "meta". Assassin does have synergy with Revan. No lies, no misleading. Your entire premise is false.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

Except he isn't.

Is it though?
    r6xyy8o5eck9.png

1174.gif?resize=475%2C312
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    CG has decided that Malak cripples his own comrades (SE) as collateral dmg with this sith TM shutdown because it was the easiest and quickest fix that came to their mind. It's lazy, it's insulting (for those that geared up SA after DRs release to allow a more tankier BSF and compensate speed disadvantages), it's stupid.

No, Malak doesn't cripple HIS OWN COMRADES. Malak cripples enemy Sith. Making comments like this are disingenuous and either dishonest or ignorant (depending on whether you think having Malak on your team will prevent your own assassin from gaining turn meter).

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    When CG said Darth Revan synergizes with Sith Assassin

1. they didn’t say this would be meta
    2. Malak didn’t exist in the game at that point if they revised the image you would see Malak instead
    3. Sith Assassin is still good EXCEPT in mirror matches so they aren’t wrong at all
    4. They have an image saying Darth Vader is great under Carth Onasi but that doesn’t mean i need a refund for what they think is a good team or not
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    When CG said Darth Revan synergizes with Sith Assassin

1. they didn’t say this would be meta
    2. Malak didn’t exist in the game at that point if they revised the image you would see Malak instead
    3. Sith Assassin is still good EXCEPT in mirror matches
    4. They have an image saying Darth Vader is great under Carth Onasi but that doesn’t mean i need a refund for what they think is a good team or not

Aaaaaand that's a wrap!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    My bad, it’s Canderous not Carth

zk0wdihxpy4p.gif
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Except he isn't.

That’s fine, but I’m just saying, it might do you more of a disservice to yourself by making this bigger than it is. How much real currency do you think was “wasted” in the transaction?

I'm sure they have a record of my transactions. They're more than welcome to review it.

Yeah, but do you know how much tangible currency was spent on that gear? And if so would you be willing to share so that we could further analyze the situation?
This discussion has been closed.