Requesting a G12+ gear refund for Sith Assassin.

2Next

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ok but why do you deserve a refund for a toon coming out that counters that

I have a g12 Rex and the release of Enfys Nest made his lead useless. Do you think I should get a gear refund for that?

I have a g12 KRU and Kylo Ren who cannot stun Sith Empire under Darth Revan, should I get refunded for that too?

You can still run Sith Assassin in multiple teams in Grand Arena and against teams that don’t have Darth Malak

It's all explained in my original post. Like I said, please don't waste my time with your useless posts.

Ultra is putting up some good points. Anyone who has received a counter could be refunded if your argument was sustained. And because Sith Assassin is not forced to be on a DR/DM team, there are other uses and therefore your investment is still worth something. Doom you’ve been here awhile, you should know that CG likes to create counters that make some decisions unfortunate. It’s how it goes, and it doesn’t warrant a refund. You just made a poor decision.

Except he isn't.

None of the reasons he provided are comparable.

None of those teams he listed were meta. None of them were marketed by CG as meta.

Since CG claimed Sith Assassin will have synergy with Darth Revan and he will be meta, many people (myself included) have maxed her out for the SOLE reason of her being meta. With Malak's rework that neutralizes Palpatine lead, Darth Maul lead, Darth Nihilus unique, Sith Marauder unique and Sith Assassin's special, she is no longer viable in the meta. Therefore, my gear on her was wasted and I'm not happy about it.

Rather than just complaining about it, I'm taking action and requesting my gear back.

They will say no. Same thing happened with GG and gang. Is misleading your customer moral? No. Can you win with legal action claiming that they stole around 10(?) dollars of investment due to misinformation? Probably not. So I wouldn’t expect that gear.

Just use her somewhere else. Don’t ask someone else to make your purchase worth it; do that yourself by using her.

It's worth a shot to ask.

I'm not one to be messed over and just accept it. CG made a mistake and I'm the one paying for it. This is unacceptable and bad decision making on their end.

That’s fine, but I’m just saying, it might do you more of a disservice to yourself by making this bigger than it is. How much real currency do you think was “wasted” in the transaction?

I'm sure they have a record of my transactions. They're more than welcome to review it.

Yeah, but do you know how much tangible currency was spent on that gear? And if so would you be willing to share so that we could further analyze the situation?

No. I'm not sharing such information. There is absolutely zero reason for me to provide that to anyone not working for CG.

Some of you guys have your head stuck up your **** and think you have the right to make calls on refund requests or other requests that don't concern you. You don't. Sit down. (general statement, not directed at anyone specifically)

Clearly you are too angry to discuss this right now, and why bring it to the forums if you don’t want other people to help you? If you won’t give that information (which I don’t see the point of concealing) then I will assume that you don’t have it or that the information is insignificant.

Conclusion: You are hard to deal with and don’t deserve a refund. EA/CG probably has a similar response. Get over it, use her for a Traya squad, as was presented as a good strategy earlier in this thread.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ok but why do you deserve a refund for a toon coming out that counters that

I have a g12 Rex and the release of Enfys Nest made his lead useless. Do you think I should get a gear refund for that?

I have a g12 KRU and Kylo Ren who cannot stun Sith Empire under Darth Revan, should I get refunded for that too?

You can still run Sith Assassin in multiple teams in Grand Arena and against teams that don’t have Darth Malak

It's all explained in my original post. Like I said, please don't waste my time with your useless posts.

Ultra is putting up some good points. Anyone who has received a counter could be refunded if your argument was sustained. And because Sith Assassin is not forced to be on a DR/DM team, there are other uses and therefore your investment is still worth something. Doom you’ve been here awhile, you should know that CG likes to create counters that make some decisions unfortunate. It’s how it goes, and it doesn’t warrant a refund. You just made a poor decision.

Except he isn't.

None of the reasons he provided are comparable.

None of those teams he listed were meta. None of them were marketed by CG as meta.

Since CG claimed Sith Assassin will have synergy with Darth Revan and he will be meta, many people (myself included) have maxed her out for the SOLE reason of her being meta. With Malak's rework that neutralizes Palpatine lead, Darth Maul lead, Darth Nihilus unique, Sith Marauder unique and Sith Assassin's special, she is no longer viable in the meta. Therefore, my gear on her was wasted and I'm not happy about it.

Rather than just complaining about it, I'm taking action and requesting my gear back.

They will say no. Same thing happened with GG and gang. Is misleading your customer moral? No. Can you win with legal action claiming that they stole around 10(?) dollars of investment due to misinformation? Probably not. So I wouldn’t expect that gear.

Just use her somewhere else. Don’t ask someone else to make your purchase worth it; do that yourself by using her.

It's worth a shot to ask.

I'm not one to be messed over and just accept it. CG made a mistake and I'm the one paying for it. This is unacceptable and bad decision making on their end.

That’s fine, but I’m just saying, it might do you more of a disservice to yourself by making this bigger than it is. How much real currency do you think was “wasted” in the transaction?

I'm sure they have a record of my transactions. They're more than welcome to review it.

Yeah, but do you know how much tangible currency was spent on that gear? And if so would you be willing to share so that we could further analyze the situation?

No. I'm not sharing such information. There is absolutely zero reason for me to provide that to anyone not working for CG.

Some of you guys have your head stuck up your **** and think you have the right to make calls on refund requests or other requests that don't concern you. You don't. Sit down. (general statement, not directed at anyone specifically)

Clearly you are too angry to discuss this right now, and why bring it to the forums if you don’t want other people to help you? If you won’t give that information (which I don’t see the point of concealing) then I will assume that you don’t have it or that the information is insignificant.

Conclusion: You are hard to deal with and don’t deserve a refund. EA/CG probably has a similar response. Get over it, use her for a Traya squad, as was presented as a good strategy earlier in this thread.
    You're not trying to help. Your delusions of grandeur are leading you to believe you make the calls on who gets a refund and who doesn't. Thanks for proving my general statement and directly applying it to yourself.

The guilty always come forward. It never ceases to amaze me.

Ok. You can keep insulting everyone here claiming that they are not trying to help, but when you don’t get a refund, you’ll been launched out of this delusion that you are right.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    CG has decided that Malak cripples his own comrades (SE) as collateral dmg with this sith TM shutdown because it was the easiest and quickest fix that came to their mind. It's lazy, it's insulting (for those that geared up SA after DRs release to allow a more tankier BSF and compensate speed disadvantages), it's stupid.

No, Malak doesn't cripple HIS OWN COMRADES. Malak cripples enemy Sith. Making comments like this are disingenuous and either dishonest or ignorant (depending on whether you think having Malak on your team will prevent your own assassin from gaining turn meter).

In the meaning of: Why should Malak work against the sith empire as a side effect of the sith TM shutdown (due to SA and Marauder having the double tag), it just doesn't feel right. Can we also give Jolee an addition to his unique then that shuts down enemy Jedi revives (so we have a Jedi that works against his own faction)?
    I'm obviously talking about mirror matches as there is barely any DR owner without a Malak on my shard.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    You are not being very pleasant, so please allow me to point out a couple of things.

Refund posts are a breach of forum rules, so expect this post to disappear shortly.

Even if they weren't against forum rules no one here has the ability to help you. The correct, and only way, to get refunds is to submit a ticket to customer support: https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Galaxy-of-Heroes/ct-p/star-wars-en

I'm willing to bet you won't get the refund, but you definitely won't be get it by posting here.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    CG has decided that Malak cripples his own comrades (SE) as collateral dmg with this sith TM shutdown because it was the easiest and quickest fix that came to their mind. It's lazy, it's insulting (for those that geared up SA after DRs release to allow a more tankier BSF and compensate speed disadvantages), it's stupid.

No, Malak doesn't cripple HIS OWN COMRADES. Malak cripples enemy Sith. Making comments like this are disingenuous and either dishonest or ignorant (depending on whether you think having Malak on your team will prevent your own assassin from gaining turn meter).

In the meaning of: Why should Malak work against the sith empire as a side effect of the sith TM shutdown (due to SA and Marauder having the double tag), it just doesn't feel right. Can we also give Jolee an addition to his unique then that shuts down enemy Jedi revives (so we have a Jedi that works against his own faction)?
    I'm obviously talking about mirror matches as there is barely any DR owner without a Malak on my shard.

You're applying feelings of lore and attachment where it doesn't belong. One could argue that thematically - since Darth Revan fought Malak - it's appropriate for Sith to have anti-Sith measures, since they were trying to be the most dominant Sith.

I mean, it doesn't makes sense for Grand Master Yoda to attack other Jedi. The fact that he will attack them is basically "working against his own faction." If we try to apply faction logic here, then Jedi should deal no damage to other Jedi, non-jedi should never be able to avoid any attack by a Jedi, etc. Once you go down that road, it'll never stop.

Could they have changed it so only passive tm gains were blocked? Yes. Why didn't they? I don't know - we have no insight into that decision. Is it frustrating for players who geared assassin? Obviously.

But misrepresenting your own argument to try and make it seem more important than it actually is - that is dishonest, and is not the way to effect change.
This discussion has been closed.