Bogus potency in PVP

Pitt
34 posts Member
So, I am curious how y'all are going to justify this. My palp has over 100% potency,then add his bonus for lead. I stun maybe 2 on the other team. Their palp has 76% and stuns my whole team. And no,there tenacity wasn't high enough to negate 130+ potency. Please explain

Replies

• Palpatine has only a 70% chance to stun before you even look at potency. Shocked are stunned for 2 turns (can't remember if that 70 works there) bad RNG most likely.
    "ooba... ooba"
  • You also have to remember the the three door formula that comes into play for debuff checks. The first door checks to see if the ability has a chance to stick or not even activate, palps 70% aoe stun for example. The second door weighs your potency against the opponent s tenacity, in this case your potency beat out your opponents tenacity, but, the third door has a 15% chance to straight out deny your debuff, even though your opponent's tenacity could be in the single digits. Unless the ability says something that it can't be resisted etc, there will always be a 15% chance to resist your debuff.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    There isn't a 3rd door. You split the 2nd door into 2 parts, Base Tenacity of 15% can never be reduced no matter how much Potency you have.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    The third door , which is actually the first is dodging chance of the attack.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    The fourth door, which is really before the first door - is whether the target is immune to the effect. (in a Palpatine mirror match, nobody should be immune to stun, but it's still worth mentioning)
  • Corruptor wrote: »
    Pitt wrote: »
    So, I am curious how y'all are going to justify this. My palp has over 100% potency,then add his bonus for lead. I stun maybe 2 on the other team. Their palp has 76% and stuns my whole team. And no,there tenacity wasn't high enough to negate 130+ potency. Please explain

Guess you weren’t around for the palp and Vader rework huh? I loved stunning one or two characters and then watch the enemy palp stun all five everyday for arena.

Lol
  • Anyone like The Doors?