• TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Ok, well it wasn't a lie then lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Nope. Just "hey, it's 1 now. Enjoy!"

The statement was “We will also be reducing the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles from 2 to 1 as Territory Battles will be more consistent and predictable with the update.“ So a bit more than that.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    The actual explanation at the time:

"We will also be reducing the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles from 2 to 1 as Territory Battles will be more consistent and predictable with the update."

The only way reducing the number of shards received would be a reasonable correction is if the TBs themselves were coming more often. So while they said "more consistent" and not "more often", at best it was faulty logic. At worst, it was purposely misleading. Adding a 3rd TB into the rotation will only mean that each one will occur even more rarely. If anything, they should've added shards (only in comparison to reducing. In reality, they should've just kept it as it was).
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Adding a 3rd TB into the rotation will only mean that each one will occur even more rarely.

That's speculation. No one knows the rotation yet.

With that said, I agree that the comment doesn't really make sense, since I'm reasonably sure they won't actually increase the appearance of the ROLO or IPD TBs.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    It definitely sucks for anyone in a smaller or more casual guild or new players, because it's going to take anyone who doesn't have these characters at 7* forever to get them there now.
    If half the guild clears the node, you max ROLO/IPD within the year, diverting no resources from other priorities. The ROLO node is almost trivially easy with an even moderately developed roster. Pulling enough shards to get ROLO within the year shouldn't be terribly difficult even for a low power guild. The IPD node requires a significant trooper team. Yes, that requires a troopers team. On the flip side, you have a troopers team for your trouble.

This is not a poor new players situation. ROLO and IPD are not high demand units that you're gonna wait on for anything. IPD can be a specific counter in some droid/Empire teams. ROLO's mainly a hSith quick 1% team who's difficult to justify gearing. Even if you spend a year accumulating ROLO shards, it will probably be significantly longer before you bother gearing her. And even if it takes a year, it's not like you're waiting on either of them for anything major.

You can lament the casual guilds, but fact of the matter is, you don't get rewards for things you do not do. And you are expected to build to leap higher hurdles. You do not get GK if your guild doesn't beat hAAT. You don't get Traya if your guild doesn't beat hSith. You don't get IPD if your guild doesn't beat the IPD node. If you want IPD, talk to your guild and make it a priority. If your guild refuses, then that's a mark toward your wanting a more serious guild.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I think the reasoning is people were banking too much shard shop currency. As further evidence I present the sharp reduction in assault battle style events.

It is 100% this
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Everyone forgets you earn their shards in galactic bounties
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.

This is demonstrably false. It helps no one when people blatantly spread misinformation like this.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157422/content-update-2-7-2018

This is when shards were updated from 2 to 1. TB had been active for 6+ months, DSTB was introduced 2 months prior to this, in 11/17. The explanation for this was explicitly that it was due to LSTBs being cut in half with the introduction of DSTB, so both events would give double shards.

I stand corrected.

It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards.

Your response was way too vehement to be justified by my slight misorder of information.

You made two statements. One was demonstrably false. The other might be true - players might have asked for it to go to 4 - but it's irrelevant to the conversation because it had nothing to do with why the shards were increased to 2/TB.

So no, everything you said is NOT true. In fact, your claiming fake information to be true is literally an example of "spreading misinformation."

There's no "misorder" in your statement, there is only "misinformation" that you still haven't bothered to retract.

I said i stand corrected. That was a retraction for your information.

And my information is only misordered, not "demonstrably false". You're over reaching in that you're attempting to not only correct but also appear superior.

It is only misordered information not disinformation. The fact that it was increased for dark side tb and not because the frequency was halved is largely irrelevant.

The point is that it was actually asked to be doubled for both of those reasons and if it had kept pace with their original shard acquisition schedule it should have been 4 per mission once dark side tb came out.

So i got which was which backwards, that isn't even close to "blatantly spreading misinformation."

In the future I'd recommend trying to correct without making a show of it. Doing so is a good way to appear petty.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

No we just know that event shows up very rarely.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Even at once every two months the amount of shards earned is way more than what you earn in tb in the same amount of time
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Sounds like you need a new guild.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Even at once every two months the amount of shards earned is way more than what you earn in tb in the same amount of time
    If your guild is earning five shards a TB, either you're in a very low-end guild or your guild isn't trying.
    Still not a he.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited May 2019

I stand corrected.

It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards....

And my information is only misordered, not "demonstrably false". You're over reaching in that you're attempting to not only correct but also appear superior.

It is only misordered information not disinformation. The fact that it was increased for dark side tb and not because the frequency was halved is largely irrelevant.

The point is that it was actually asked to be doubled for both of those reasons and if it had kept pace with their original shard acquisition schedule it should have been 4 per mission once dark side tb came out.

So i got which was which backwards, that isn't even close to "blatantly spreading misinformation."

In the future I'd recommend trying to correct without making a show of it. Doing so is a good way to appear petty.

You cannot say you “stand corrected” and also say you were correct. One cannot retract something and then immediately reiterate it and claim that was a valid retraction.

Increasing from 12 hr phases to 24 had nothing to do with the increased shards. Nothing whatsoever. And while players may have asked for 4 shards at some point, there have been zero indications from the devs that random forum posts begging for 4 shards per completion influenced any of their decisions.

There is no order in which either statement you made accurately describes why the devs changed the shards from 1 per player to 2.... And since your original misinformation was only two sentences long, it’s fairly simple to check both “orders” and verify that both are still false.

So instead of trying to cling to the fallacy that you were somehow right, just “stand corrected”, and edit your original post to remove the misinformation. Which is what should have happened the moment you realized you were wrong.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

I don’t understand the second paragraph.

You’re saying the point is something other than what you said it was previously, but someone else has dealt with that issue.

And you’re saying that they should have made it 4 per mission when DS TB came out to keep pace with their original shard acquisition schedule?

What? It was 1 per special clear for 2 TBs per month (2 shards per clear per month). When DS TB launched it stayed at 1 per special clear but now there was 1 of each TB per month (1 shard of ROLO, 1 shard of IPD per clear per month). Only later did they double it for both LS and DS TB, which meant we were effectively back to the same rate as before (2 shards of ROLO, 2 shards of IPD per clear per month).

I’m struggling to see how going to 4 per clear would have “kept pace” with the original shard acquisition schedule.

• 3pourr2 wrote: »

Lol wut?!

You would earn max 20 shards. So, 2 TBs in the same timeframe = 10 shards per.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member

I stand corrected.

It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards....

You cannot say you “stand corrected” and also say you were correct. One cannot retract something and then immediately reiterate it and claim that was a valid retraction.

Increasing from 12 hr phases to 24 had nothing to do with the increased shards. Nothing whatsoever. And while players may have asked for 4 shards at some point, there have been zero indications from the devs that random forum posts begging for 4 shards per completion influenced any of their decisions.

There is no order in which either statement you made accurately describes why the devs changed the shards from 1 per player to 2.... And since your original misinformation was only two sentences long, it’s fairly simple to check both “orders” and verify that both are still false.

So instead of trying to cling to the fallacy that you were somehow right, just “stand corrected”, and edit your original post to remove the misinformation. Which is what should have happened the moment you realized you were wrong.

Poor Mrs. Lincoln....

This is demonstrably false. It helps no one when people blatantly spread misinformation like this.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157422/content-update-2-7-2018

This is when shards were updated from 2 to 1. TB had been active for 6+ months, DSTB was introduced 2 months prior to this, in 11/17. The explanation for this was explicitly that it was due to LSTBs being cut in half with the introduction of DSTB, so both events would give double shards.

I stand corrected.

It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards.

Your response was way too vehement to be justified by my slight misorder of information.

You made two statements. One was demonstrably false. The other might be true - players might have asked for it to go to 4 - but it's irrelevant to the conversation because it had nothing to do with why the shards were increased to 2/TB.

So no, everything you said is NOT true. In fact, your claiming fake information to be true is literally an example of "spreading misinformation."

There's no "misorder" in your statement, there is only "misinformation" that you still haven't bothered to retract.

Dude. You dropped 2 "Akshullys" in a 2 line post. I posted a link providing what you said wasn't "actually" true of anything. That is the definition of "demonstrably." I demonstrated that your claims were wrong.

You claimed that "many threads" were clamoring for a 4 shard increase, due to this being wrong. This is misinformation. Please provide, shall we say, 3 threads (I'll settle for 1, but you said "many") where people are asking for 4 shards per.

You're misconstruing the entire purpose of that last post, and likely this one. People are right to be upset about this. But it helps no one if the anger isn't unified around a common cause. Putting out incorrect reasons for that anger provides an avenue for any response to focus on the bad information.

We need to be angry that there has been a concerted effort to reduce our currencies, in this case, shard currency. At least they were up front about it with Ally points.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

I stand corrected.

Poor Mrs. Lincoln....

She's quite distraught. I feel she has the vapors! 😉
  • Draice
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    The first post in this thread was my question. The second post was ME answering my own question. How is this still a conversation? Please let it die.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Well that's kinda how forums work, people continue the discussion where it leads.

With that said you're the OP and at least on this forum you can just ask a mod to close it.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member

I stand corrected.

I'm sorry you are having a crisis of understanding here, but I have more than adequately explained where you are wrong.

Being incorrect also covers misordering information so I never retracted my retraction. I never claimed to be right, what I claimed was to not be blatantly spreading misinformation as you have erronously labeled it.

I have more than adequately explained how you have done so.

To edit one's post to change what it says is not a valid act at any time unless it is for something like a misspelling or an addendum. To actually change the content of what is contained in it to the point where it's message has completely changed is akin to lying.

This thread is a record of a conversation, not a reference book.

Your haughty demeanor is completely unjustified and I'll thank you to cease.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2019

You’re saying the point is something other than what you said it was previously, but someone else has dealt with that issue.

And you’re saying that they should have made it 4 per mission when DS TB came out to keep pace with their original shard acquisition schedule?

What? It was 1 per special clear for 2 TBs per month (2 shards per clear per month). When DS TB launched it stayed at 1 per special clear but now there was 1 of each TB per month (1 shard of ROLO, 1 shard of IPD per clear per month). Only later did they double it for both LS and DS TB, which meant we were effectively back to the same rate as before (2 shards of ROLO, 2 shards of IPD per clear per month).

I’m struggling to see how going to 4 per clear would have “kept pace” with the original shard acquisition schedule.

I never said what the point was in my original post. I only posted the supporting details. I enjoy letting people figure out the point on their own. If you just come right out and say the point the topic is usually over.

The original light side tb had 12 hour phases instead of 24. Doubling the length of the tb halved the amount of time available for TBs so instead of having 2 a week, they could only have 1 a week. The scheduling got all messed up because of that.

If you want to be even more specific, Territory war also decreased the amount of Territory battles we have each month from 4 to 3. Then dark side tb came out and decreased it even further to 1.5 a month.

So since we had the frequency of TB dropped from essentially 8 a month to 1.5 a month 4 shards per mission would be a reasonable number to have kept pace with their original shard acquisition schedule for special mission characters.

I never said what the point was in my original post. I only posted the supporting details. I enjoy letting people figure out the point on their own. If you just come right out and say the point the topic is usually over.

The original light side tb had 12 hour phases instead of 24. Doubling the length of the tb halved the amount of time available for TBs so instead of having 2 a week, they could only have 1 a week. The scheduling got all messed up because of that.

If you want to be even more specific, Territory war also decreased the amount of Territory battles we have each month from 4 to 3. Then dark side tb came out and decreased it even further to 1.5 a month.

So since we had the frequency of TB dropped from essentially 8 a month to 1.5 a month 4 shards per mission would be a reasonable number to have kept pace with their original shard acquisition schedule for special mission characters.

When did TB EVER run with 12 hour phases?

If you’re stuck, I’ll help. Never.

They proposed that it would run in that fashion, but community backlash caused them to rethink and run it with 24 hour phases.

If you can find me any evidence whatsoever of a TB running with 12 hour phases, I’d love to see it @Woodroward

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TL;DR - IPD is mildly useful. RO Leia much less so. It doesn't really matter.

ETA - and the person arguing with Woodward tastes themselves far too seriously.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    13aotnvw2brw.gif
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member

When did TB EVER run with 12 hour phases?

If you’re stuck, I’ll help. Never.

They proposed that it would run in that fashion, but community backlash caused them to rethink and run it with 24 hour phases.

If you can find me any evidence whatsoever of a TB running with 12 hour phases, I’d love to see it @Woodroward

The first TB ran in 12 hour phases and they changed it. Yes because of community backlash. Whether it's because of us or not it still halved the amount of TBs that we can have. I remember it. Sorry you don't. Not looking up anything. I always go by memory. It's why I'm as smart as I am.

If you don't believe it/remember it. look it up, but you are dead wrong when you say it never ran in 12 hour phases.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

I stand corrected.

I'm sorry you are having a crisis of understanding here, but I have more than adequately explained where you are wrong.

Being incorrect also covers misordering information so I never retracted my retraction. I never claimed to be right, what I claimed was to not be blatantly spreading misinformation as you have erronously labeled it.

I have more than adequately explained how you have done so.

To edit one's post to change what it says is not a valid act at any time unless it is for something like a misspelling or an addendum. To actually change the content of what is contained in it to the point where it's message has completely changed is akin to lying.

This thread is a record of a conversation, not a reference book.

Your haughty demeanor is completely unjustified and I'll thank you to cease.

I quoted you claiming to have been right, even as you tried to "retract" your statement. You misordered nothing. You were absolutely 100% incorrect and for some reason you are emotionally unable to accept that.

Editing posts is sometimes acceptable. These forums are not only records of conversations, but also are a medium to convey information. Any player who starts reading this thread and sees your post (and then doesn't read far enough to see your fake retraction) might be led to believe your assertion was correct. If you were interested in making sure players were correctly informed, you could add an addendum to the effect of "sorry this is completely false, please disregard."

Also, I recommend that you stop overlaying emotions into other players posts. You listed a "matter of fact" post that proved you wrong as "vehement" and you call mine "haughty." It seems more like you're projecting your own emotions, when we are just interested in helping players increase their understanding (including you).

Since I appreciate wit, to that I shall just say "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Here is the initial TB Overview post prior to the release of the first TB:

TERRITORY BATTLES OVERVIEW

It specifically mentions their plan to have 3-day TBs with 12-hr phases. It's dated August 2017

Then, still in August Carrie posted this:

UPDATE TO TERRITORY BATTLE TIMERS

It clearly states that because of feedback from the community they elected to increase to 6-day TB's with 24-hr phases. They mention that they originally wanted 12-hr but, correctly pointed out by the community, it would create undue hardship for international guilds.

Then finally in September 2017 they posted this:

TERRITORY BATTLE CHANGES

In this one they clarify that going forward they will be 24 hours.

So they were NEVER actually 12 hour phases, just planned that way before they were actually released.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    So many haughties in this thread!
This discussion has been closed.