Did you hear the tragedy of Darth Malak?

Prev1
TuncBlack
407 posts Member
edited April 2019
Post edited by TuncBlack on

Replies

• gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Upcoming nerf to Anakin... in 5...4...3...2...
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Trying to figure out the point of malek. Seems a wasted toon.
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    seems there is a bug on Malak Fear ability,
    after Anakin one shot Malak, how can a death Malak still able to put Fear on Anakin.. seems strange lol.
    did Anakin Fear from his own power?
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    gflegui wrote: »
    Upcoming nerf to Anakin... in 5...4...3...2...

Yep. Or another buff to Malak.

Feeling very much certain that I would have been frothing at the mouth if I had chosen to kraken-out over this turkey.
  • Wow, GG criting the entire team for over 100k each and now JKA doing the same. It seems AoE damage is too high right now. I wonder if g13 is indeed being dropped very soon to give characters much higher hp/prot pools to combat the amount of damage going around.
  • Most likely a buff to Malak. He is going to be the most underwhelming character ever released, for how difficult it was to attain him the first time around, if a reworked f2p character can take him out.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Remember that Darth Revan loses a bunch of Defense due to Ferocity - that's how the kit was designed. So you'll only really see those numbers against Darth Revan.
  • if a reworked f2p character can take him out.

At least it’s more canonical (probably). I’d take Anakin defeating Malak any day.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Remember that Darth Revan loses a bunch of Defense due to Ferocity - that's how the kit was designed. So you'll only really see those numbers against Darth Revan.

That's true.. forgot about that. It almost doesn't seem necessary. Why does Malak even have a taunt if defense is so low that your entire team can be crit for crazy amount of damage? I wonder if Malak needs to give everyone crit immunity while taunting or something. This just doesn't seem right.
  • Unique 74: (Survivor) Malak can’t be defeated by Jedi, Night Sisters, Clones, Light Side.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Can only be defeated by sand people
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Most likely a buff to Malak. He is going to be the most underwhelming character ever released, for how difficult it was to attain him the first time around, if a reworked f2p character can take him out.

You do realize that that "reworked f2p character" is on a Revan team with GMYoda and Hermit Yoda - all of whom are hardly cantina farms, right? Yes, JKA is f2p, but it's the synergy with the other 3 that allows a lot of what he is able to do.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ^ haha
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Cute but in reality it stops nothing on offense as JKA would never even get a turn against a good DR team with malak
  • just make Malak not the healthiest so DR does not equilize with him... but wait... Malak converts prot to health....
    this is how Malak can "easily" killed by a team with Thrawn... fracture on Malak an big attack against DR... Malak is at about 50%, fractured... and dead real soon
    I did it with cls ... but on top20 on my shard most of the DR-Teams are fast as hell
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    That Darth Revan had 323 speed, I thought, and 4 Jedi (even Angelina Jolee Bindo) went before him. The whole team, while awesome, is still hardly typical.

Speed is still the meta, also
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Most likely a buff to Malak. He is going to be the most underwhelming character ever released, for how difficult it was to attain him the first time around, if a reworked f2p character can take him out.

You do realize that that "reworked f2p character" is on a Revan team with GMYoda and Hermit Yoda - all of whom are hardly cantina farms, right? Yes, JKA is f2p, but it's the synergy with the other 3 that allows a lot of what he is able to do.

• JKR May actually get that Jedi tag off lol or can only work with or Jedi
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Malak still seems pretty good. Also might be pilot of a Capital Ship at some point.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @Pariah_Anchorite

Well, they're getting +40 speed from Revan's leadership, and then possibly +5% TM from Hoda (although I think not, since I think he used his special to call an assist from JKA).

I'm not saying they're not an awesome squad, but most Darth Revans aren't going to have +157 speed either. JKRevan only needs to have +2 speed to tie Darth Revan at the same mod. Add in +40 speed from leadership, and your JKR mods can be -38 compared to DR and still tie, -37 and still win.

So, yeah. This is a viable strategy for most players with a g12 JKR going against a g12 DR.
  • ThunderGun wrote: »
    Wow, GG criting the entire team for over 100k each and now JKA doing the same. It seems AoE damage is too high right now. I wonder if g13 is indeed being dropped very soon to give characters much higher hp/prot pools to combat the amount of damage going around.

The aoe damage is just fine.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    Cute but in reality it stops nothing on offense as JKA would never even get a turn against a good DR team with malak

Welcome to the forums!

It's obvious your new, because citing offense is irrelevant. Nothing holds on defense. That's by design, is WAI and has always been the case.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    They tricked people into spending money for him and then pulled their pants down, bent them over and didn’t even have the courtesy to give them a reach around as they took all their cash
  • Can’t you beat Malak with a standard JKR team, though?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

Welcome to the forums!

It's obvious your new, because citing offense is irrelevant. Nothing holds on defense. That's by design, is WAI and has always been the case.

It's obvious you dont pay attention lol....far from new but was simply pointing out the obvious....he changes nothing because he is a very limited purpose toon and not many will use him as the job was getting done before his rework
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Just want to make sure this is on every post. JKR jolee anakin old daka zombie win what a joke.
  • Drim wrote: »
    Just want to make sure this is on every post. JKR jolee anakin old daka zombie win what a joke.

Really? Is it because of Zombie dying and allowing Anakin to go time after time?

Oof