Crippled Drop Rates?

Prev1
frackme_21
92 posts Member
edited April 2019
Has anyone else noticed a drastic drop in the drop rates since they nerfed the farming ability? Just today alone I'm 2/40 combined between ls/ds ship nodes. It's getting ridiculous and makes me want to just give up entirely on the game.

I got a few yesterday on carth and 1 the day before. But before that i hadn't gotten a single shard since they lowered the count.

Replies

• Options
    It's not less attempts vs less shards. It's percentage of attempts that yield shards. Most people say the drop rate is around is 30% or so. Since the drop in # of attempts, the % (at least for me) has gone way way down. It was at like 20ish or so before hand, but now it's in single digits.
  • Options
    Unlucky streaks are more noticable with less attempts per refresh but overall drop rates seem to be unchanged.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    This only pertains to zeta’s. That’s the real conspiracy.
  • Altaki1006
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I got 0 shards for Jango yesterday and today as well as 0 Wicket shards today and 0 shards for Embo something definitely is up that has never happened to me before it's ****
  • Options
    I’ve noticed less shards but roughly same %. Until about 2 days ago when the % went down close to 0!!!
  • Options
    I definitely “feel” like I’m getting less on the Carth node, but I know that by the end of the farm it’ll be close to the expected drop rate. These past few days of 0 and 1 are demoralizing, but I’ll hit a few days with 3 and 4 and it’ll all be forgiven.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Now track the data for several weeks and report back....like the people who have actually reported the 30-33% drop rate for character shards across all nodes regardless of situation have done. I'll let you guess what you're going to come up with.

TL;DR - it's 30-33%, like it's been for the past 3+ years. No they don't hate you. No they didn't change it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing unusual to report here
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Do what i do-i do my 1 farms a day,i stopped refreshing,save up to 2000 crystals,buy the 16 shards in the shop,rinse repeat..better value..takes about 3 days to get back to 2000 crystals.
  • Options
    It does feel like I’m barely getting anything now.
  • Options
    My drop rates are like ant-man taking out Thanos.
  • Options
    Absolutely noticeable.
  • Options
    Overall, my rates have been fairly normal. Bit of a frustrating cold streak on the farms I'm getting close on (Jango, HT, SiT), but it happens.

It's random. Dice will be dice.
    Still not a he.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    These forums are about to overtake Napa Valley for the W(h)ine capital of the USA.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Ive got 0 for 2 days straight on my hard node, 1 today.
    I believe its bad luck for now, but its dam annoying. It makes you feel youre standing still.
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I got 0 shards for Jango yesterday and today as well as 0 Wicket shards today and 0 shards for Embo something definitely is up that has never happened to me before it's ****

Exactly. This is how RNG works: You always get the average shards and you never get a run of bad luck. Lots of shards? You got good luck. No shards? Obviously a conspiracy to change the drop rate without telling anyone, because what is RNG if not completely, utterly dependable?

I mean, that complete dependability in providing minimum rewards is why they call it RNG, right?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin has 3 nodes. Try farming him so you have a larger sample size. ;)
  • Options
    Yes tracking my drop rates over multiple characters from hard, cantina and ship nodes.

Carth 3 shards since change
    Nest 12 shards since change
    Canderous 5 shards since change
    Embo 9 shards since change
    Poggle the Lesser 3 shards since change
    Bane’s ship 9 shards since change
    Sion 0 shards since change
    Kylo’s shuttle 3 since change
    Badstila 10 since change.

Shards are totals since change went into effect. Pretty miserable. Canderous before change I’d receive between 3-6 shards per cantina refresh.
  • Options
    I stopped farming light side and dark side hard nodes to protest the change from 8 to 5 attempts. I also started tracking my shard drop rates at the same time and can 100% confirm they've been nerfed. I haven't gotten a single shard from a light or dark side hard node in that time! 0% drop rates! It's a conspiracy! Revolt!
  • Options
    I thought my drop rates were higher after they returned to 5 attempts. Maybe I'm getting all the luck right now....
  • Options
    Everyone is right in this thread. I do think the drop rate is 30 to 33% sometimes and i bet they have thing they can do the adjust the drop rates of certain characters at times they feel they need to do to get more refreshes and crystal spending. And they prolly change it back in a decent amount of time so no one is wiser. Also Unless you have tracked your drop rate for a whole year and over 1000's of drops in a spread sheet no one will believe you.

This past week trying to farm bossk on the 5 hard nodes i get 1 drop every day from 5 since the change is the drop rate lower yes but one day i might get 4 out of 5 and i think oh it was just a run of back RNG.
  • Options
    I thought my drop rates were higher after they returned to 5 attempts. Maybe I'm getting all the luck right now....

Same. Just luck I guess.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I replayed the malak event about 12 times and zero shards fell....definitely nerfed the drop rates
  • Options
    Actually when it comes to drops I do 3 light and 3 dark a day and walked away with 4 shards when there was 8 sims a day per hard node. I was not doing all 8 and I got more back then, now I do 5 sims per light and dark and get way less drops so I don't think your "less sims less drops" argument is valid.

At least from my experience.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes tracking my drop rates over multiple characters from hard, cantina and ship nodes.

Carth 3 shards since change
    Nest 12 shards since change
    Canderous 5 shards since change
    Embo 9 shards since change
    Poggle the Lesser 3 shards since change
    Bane’s ship 9 shards since change
    Sion 0 shards since change
    Kylo’s shuttle 3 since change
    Badstila 10 since change.

Shards are totals since change went into effect. Pretty miserable. Canderous before change I’d receive between 3-6 shards per cantina refresh.

Since what "change"? lol

And number of shards without number of attempts is not "tracking" anything. It's all percentage based. Entire guilds have tracked drop rates for weeks, carefully logging their data. Do you know what ALL people who have actually tracked data over a significant sample size (months - not days) have concluded? 30-33% drop rate.

Variance is real. Google it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    I replayed the malak event about 12 times and zero shards fell....definitely nerfed the drop rates
    I gazed longingly at the Malak event a hundred times but zero shards. Clearly the drop rates were nerfed. :D