How can you reconcile Anakin with Carrie's statements?

Replies

• EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Greed is what getting CG into trouble, its disgusting. With Jedi Revan they went down a route where they could not control the balance anymore, and that only because off greed after more cash.
  • But clearly something is up. I've been playing this game a long time and this is new territory for cg.

Also agreed.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

This playerbase has no idea what it wants.

a few topics doesn't mean the whole playerbase

Stop disilussioning yourself.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    First don't shoot the messenger @CG_Carrie told the truth BUT its nothing that an intelligent person could not discern for themselves. I had angst but now I am over it after doing some thinking.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes continued to lead Electronic Arts’ mobile business in the second quarter at 29 percent of its revenue, with Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data showing that the game generated approximately $54.8 million in global player spending between April and June. This represented a year-over-year decline of 14 percent for the title, which grossed approximately $63.6 million worldwide in 2Q17.

The United States was the No. 1 market for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes revenue in Q2 at about 58 percent of the total, accounting for approximately $31.8 million in player spending, a decline of 22 percent year-over-year.

I would love be a fly on the wall and see quarter Q1 2019 and Q2 2019 quarter numbers. Decline in revenue is all that matters to these companies. After this Triad of messes ( most impact is DR which would have slaughtered revenue as projections, sending company bean counters into a frenzy and then the short sighted DM designed to recover the revenue shortfall for Q1 without the verification testing that should have happened SA/Emp were collateral damage)

How does that impact me ? I have left a top 10 guild and am going FTP ( I still like this game but don't love it any more. The microcosm of my guild players are leaving on a regular basis last month or so). whales matter they pay for this game so that FTP can play. They come and "WILL" go. The key is retaining the interest. If revenue was to keep dropping at 20% this year heads will roll. If a debacle impacts revenue significantly there will be redress.

If not they won't care. The saying goes is that it takes 85% more in cost to get a new customer than to retain an old one. Lets hope that they don't lose 85% of revenue in the coming year ahead. At least we have a choice.

Ex-whaling after my rant.
  • First of all CG Carrie is exactly the type of person who would whine on twitter about other people harassing her online.
    It's pretty clear that a well paying job is not enough for her, she wants to or considers herself to be somewhat famous. She wants to be admired.
    Sadly being a shill for multi-billion corporation, which doesn't pay a single $ of income tax won't get you pride nor accomplishment.
  • Community gets super exclusive OP Darth Malak as a whale exclusive... people complain.

Community gets a strong rework to easily accessible old characters... people complain.
  • Midirataj wrote: »
    First of all CG Carrie is exactly the type of person who would whine on twitter about other people harassing her online.
    It's pretty clear that a well paying job is not enough for her, she wants to or considers herself to be somewhat famous. She wants to be admired.
    Sadly being a shill for multi-billion corporation, which doesn't pay a single $ of income tax won't get you pride nor accomplishment.

Ok buddy
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Community gets super exclusive OP Darth Malak as a whale exclusive... people complain.

Community gets a strong rework to easily accessible old characters... people complain.

not the same people
  • I sat out the Malak event simply because I couldn't support the manner in which the company dropped the event. (And given how the toon doesn't even seem particularly goood I'm glad I did) But the way that they've since alienated both f2p and my fellow whales has been breathtakingly mind-blowing.

Then rather than come together as a community of players to support the legitimate complaints of each other it's either mock one another or make over the top complaints about CG reps. I understand that people are upset, and they should be, but calm evaluation of the problem will have a better effect on how CG responds than what's currently going on.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Sorry for the multiple posts but I also wanted to say @Drim made a post that really hit home on this subject:

“This has to be the most ridiculous turn of the Events in this game history . Show us DR then show us who works with him then release new toon to go with him then fix a counter team and release a new counter team on the same day”

I want to break that down.

1. They release DR and they show who synergies with him. One of those characters is Sith Assassin.
    2. DR is underwhelming but they tease Malak.
    3. They release Malak and it makes DR meta viable, but at the same time the Palapatine lead destroys it.
    4. They don’t want the DR/Malak team to be so easily beaten so they nerf Palpatine.
    5. The Palpatine nerf also completely nerfs Sith Assassin, which again was one of the few characters that was advertised as having synergy with the team. Sith Assassin is now useless on a DR/Malak team.
    6. ON THE SAME DAY THEY NERF PALPATINE BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT IT BEATING DR/MALAK, THEY RELEASE A REWORK OF ANAKIN THAT COUNTERS DR/MALAK. They literally replaced one counter team with another counter team ON THE SAME DAY.

This ^

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Draeth wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    What part of the rework suddenly added this ability to deal massive damage? 👀
    I didn't see them adding damage or anything to his kit..
    If it works now, then it likely worked before now anyway, so I don't get it.

They increased the damage bonus of Righteous Fury, gave him Offense Up, and increased the damage ratios on his abilities (which is invisible in the text description) significantly. There are videos all over YouTube.

I don't have a **** or clip of the old upgrade values, but the aoe damage (+50 in upgrades) looks the same to me as before. Offense up was there before, but was a chance.
    I do see the extra 25% damage increase to fury tho, but I don't get how a 25% increase makes that big of a difference, as it isn't going to trigger very often.
    I've use him under bast before revan tho and nearly one shot enemy teams..

Again, the damage ratios of abilities is not visible in the text of the game. They are hidden values you can read on swgoh.gg and you can easily verify this by watching the videos on every SWGOH YouTube channel.
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Malak is still exclusive. Those who have Malak still have an advantage. He's just not the only show in town, and he shouldn't be.

How is having a tank that gets destroyed in one hit by a 3 year old character an advantage? Jedi Knight Revan is going to be the only viable team again because of this change.

I play tested in gw and such the day leading up to and after the change tho, the damage looked the same to me. My ani against the exact same team, before then after.
    Also, I've watched most vids of it so far and there's been no talk of secret coding to improve his damage from what I've seen.

My point was that he prolly could've done the same, or nearly the same, damage before the rework. I've only found proof of the extra 25% in the fury text, so far.
    If you can provide before and after screen shots tho, I'll concede that point.

If you don't understand how the math of the game works, no amount of me repeating it to you is going to change anything. Every character has a physical offense and a special offense value which you can see on their stat sheet. These usually range from 1.5-5k for a g12 character. You've probably noticed that g12 characters do more than 1.5-5k damage? That's because every ability does some multiplier of the character's offense stat. It's not visible anywhere in the game. Anakin's multipliers were both increased substantially.

Here is a forum thread explaining the math for you:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89968/offense-stat-ratio-to-damage

Here are three huge reddit threads detailing the rework for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bepkc8/anakins_rework_trivializes_darth_revan_malak_100k/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/beoel8/anakin_skywalker_the_best_rework_since_gmy/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/beswap/proceeds_to_rework_two_existing_characters_bast/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Any further research you can do yourself. The fact remains that Anakin is clearing entire Sith Empire teams in one hit now under Jedi Revan lead.
    Let's not be hard on Carrie - I mention her only because her name is already in this thread.

Please remember that this is a COMPANY, and that just because one employee honestly believes something doesn't mean that everyone in the whole company is on the same page.

If you like running Anakin under JKR, have fun. If you like running Malak, you'll still ruin huge numbers of teams - that anakin bit will mostly fail on defense.

But, and wait for it, you also got a CRUSHING AWESOME defensive team in TW/GA, because if you have Malak and the other side doesn't, they have to use their Revan on offense, which leaves you with the ability to run your JKRevan however you like.

You can still take #1 in Arena with this Malak and this JKA. You have a team that is incredibly hard to get that forces a massive advantage in TW/GA. And, for the final time, just because JKA can beat the team doesn't say anything about whether or not Carrie was lying.

So let's ease off Carrie. The same people will still be able to take #1 in Arena. You still get an advantage in TW/GA. (And seriously, what bigger advantage do you need in Arena if you're placing #1?) And Carrie is doing her best.

Critique the design choices if you like - that's more than fair. Grumble away. But Carrie doesn't deserve what she's been getting.

You may have noticed that I very specifically and intentionally did not say anything negative about Carrie. I asked how her statement - which, no, we cannot ignore, or treat as only one person's opinion when she is literally in charge - can be reconciled with a very old character getting buffed to the point of obliterating the brand new "exclusive" team a week into its release.

An outdated tin foil hat post and a bunch of videos and threads raving that he kills Darth revan? From everything I've seen, tested, read, and researched, his stats didn't change, his damage didn't change, and he didn't even get a full rework. Only difference as far as damage is a 25% boost to his fury unique.
    This would've likely worked before the rework, especially with the armor/defense reducing effects of Darth revan, if someone had thought to test it.
    I see no problem here.

You are a hot mess. If you’re gonna troll you aren’t doing a bang-up job.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-anakin/ability/deft-bladework

x9oov7n7t3l4.jpeg

https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-anakin/ability/overpowering-assault

skvqvam47kwh.jpeg

https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-anakin/stats/

There’s the stats now. They are well amplified from what they were before, and this is on top of the other stats they gave in just the ability descriptions. Ta ta.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gannon wrote: »
    An outdated tin foil hat post and a bunch of videos and threads raving that he kills Darth revan? From everything I've seen, tested, read, and researched, his stats didn't change, his damage didn't change, and he didn't even get a full rework. Only difference as far as damage is a 25% boost to his fury unique.
    This would've likely worked before the rework, especially with the armor/defense reducing effects of Darth revan, if someone had thought to test it.
    I see no problem here.

x9oov7n7t3l4.jpeg

skvqvam47kwh.jpeg

There’s the stats now. They are well amplified from what they were before, and this is on top of the other stats they gave in just the ability descriptions. Ta ta.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Anakin smashes DR, you say? Now that is an interesting turn of events. My crystal investment to finally get DR to G12 this morning seems a bit premature, but it's not like DR is CUP level now, still a good thing to have. There are some weird things going on with the meta these days, wonder where we land in the end. Glad to see that DR/Malak isn't the "be all, end all" like it seemed after the EP nerf.
    So, what is the optimal JKR comp now?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I will reserve judgment on this until we see how the reworks shake up the meta. That said, CG and @CG_Carrie responses the last few days haven’t helped the situation. I don’t think it has risen to the degree of willful misrepresentation but I will say the responses or lack thereof in some cases feels tone deaf.

I tend to agree with MobileGamer that a lot of the hate brewing right now could be addressed if the Devs simply put themselves out there to answer questions from the players. Do it on twitch once or twice a month and I think they will find the communication will help soothe the current discord.

Yeah, how good is MobileGamer right now? loving his recent content.

@Gannon I know MobileGamer mentioned that they did change the coding, you now can't prevent Anakin taking his extra turn, so he always takes it apparently through even shock ect. So when DR would normally prevent turns, he still gives Anakin one, in which he uses his 100% offence buff, offence up, and JKR's offence lead gains to basically one shot the team, which all goes hand in hand with the multiplier buffs he received.
  • Maybe @CG_Carrie got tweet lessons from Donald Trump
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Maybe @CG_Carrie got tweet lessons from Donald Trump

Oh no, Is she gonna build a wall too? And make us pay for it!

So that's what they up to! :D
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Maybe @CG_Carrie got tweet lessons from Donald Trump

Still no Covfefe. Amateur.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    A few points.

1) "Exclusivity" doesn't mean "holds on defense in arena". In 3+ years of this game's existence, it has never meant that. That's because it would contradict one of the major driving factors to battle in arena - the need to be active. That's why the AI is bad. That's why refreshes cost crystals. That's why there is a timer. That's why you can't set "defensive" teams that are different from the one you attack with - and why there's a cooldown timer after battle.

2) The "advantage" is on offense. DR + Malak can still easily crush on offense. And the fact that you have another strong Sith Empire character - who doesn't even have to be g12 or 7* to be viable even in top end arena. A character who frees up one of your other Sith to strengthen other teams in events like GA and TW.

3) In this game money has never been an automatic "I win" button - especially not on defense. So either many of those expressing frustration are "new" whales or they are not being completely honest. This situation isn't new or unprecedented.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jdport
    82 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

I think a lot of people would like to know if this JKA thing is going to stand? You nerfed EP lead's interaction with DM, invalidated players' investments into Sith Assassin, made owning DR without DM almost useless, and now DR + DM teams are getting dunked on harder than they were before. This is truly spectacular
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    jdport wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

I think a lot of people would like to know if this JKA thing is going to stand? You nerfed EP lead's interaction with DM, invalidated players' investments into Sith Assassin, made owning DR without DM almost useless, and now DR + DM teams are getting dunked on harder than they were before. This is truly spectacular

This is a new rework, not an unexpected (how they missed that is still baffling) interaction with an old character. I assume it's here to stay, but a confirmation from an insider would be nice.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    It feels like they have to address this so I believe they might make an announcement later today which is going to disappoint many and then disappear for the weekend
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I see no problem here.

x9oov7n7t3l4.jpeg

skvqvam47kwh.jpeg

I know what it looks like now. I'm asking if you checked this or had screenshots from before the rework. You keep saying they're amplified, but as I've said the only difference I've seen is the extra 25% on the rage ability.
    I've been using Anakin frequently before and after the rework, and the damage looks identical except for the small boost when the unique is triggered. I don't see any evidence so far off the multipliers being boosted, that's why I keep asking if you compared it to the previous code.

And yea gorem, I saw that also, he's on top of things. That part is very helpful against Dr, I was just pointing out that he could produce very similar results before his tweak
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    It feels like they have to address this so I believe they might make an announcement later today which is going to disappoint many and then disappear for the weekend

That will be hilarious. fingers crossed...
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    They said that JKA would be nerfed. CG Carrie tweeted it.
    I made a PSA but it got removed. Not megathreaded. Removed. LoL.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Yeah I saw that. No need to share on the forums, then we won’t get more leaks if they know someone is leaking stuff from their slack
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that. No need to share on the forums, then we won’t get more leaks if they know someone is leaking stuff from their slack

This^^ And can someone change handles like they do in discord?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Wow, that's a new low where testing is concerned. Trying out the rework against the current meta should be among the first things to do, especially when the meta proves to be more fragile than intended...